What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 172 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

talking of walking the dog and coffee .. a bohemian cafe , in an old double decker bus , has arrived at our village station . Saturday morning after a morning walk in the fields around the village , a streaky bacon sarnie , smoked bacon of course , and a large coffee . sets the weekend off a treat . proper sorted . Kushti even

Sounds good except, for the coffee!!

Yesterday we had a huge lunch so didn't bother with dinner.

Tonight we had Meatless Farm meat-free burgers for the first time, in salt and pepper buns with lettuce and goats cheese. We also had homemade chips made in the air fryer, carrot and broccoli. Wasn't too keen on the burger in all honesty. Strangely, one of the ingredients was "smoked water".

Giant left over dish of cottage pie for dinner that I forgot to bring to work yesterday.
Won't want too much tea tonight. Gotta keep myself trim for all the dancing around the front room I hope to be doing from 7pm.

Pre match meal of pasta carbonara tonight followed by left over pear and blackberry crumble

Ice cream with the crumble?
I finished one off last night - apple and blackcurrant. Mrs S is making a spotted dick for pud tonight - which I'll have with butter and sugar

Ice cream with the crumble?
I finished one off last night - apple and blackcurrant. Mrs S is making a spotted dick for pud tonight - which I'll have with butter and sugar

sadly the crumble had to be on its own tonight as there’s no ice cream in the house and we used up the custard (my preference) and cream ( Mrs E’s preference) on sun/mon. Yours sounds good

Spotted dick! That's a very old dish, indeed.

That was a staple of both my mum and grandma from as early as I remember. And similar for Mrs S. Interestingly ours were made in the oven, and her mum steamed them (same on both counts with sponge puds). So obviously I get them steamed!!

A quick but very tasty treat tonight, chicken peri peri ( lemon and herb) Nando’s sachet cooked in a bag in the oven.....comes out really moist and delicious. Served with roasted veg ( courgette, onion, new potatoes, red and yellow peppers, mushrooms, sweet potatoes and whole cloves of garlic) cooked in a mixture of olive oil, harissa, chopped green chillies and lemon juice. Mouth now on fire though 🔥

A quick but very tasty treat tonight, chicken peri peri ( lemon and herb) Nando’s sachet cooked in a bag in the oven.....comes out really moist and delicious. Served with roasted veg ( courgette, onion, new potatoes, red and yellow peppers, mushrooms, sweet potatoes and whole cloves of garlic) cooked in a mixture of olive oil, harissa, chopped green chillies and lemon juice. Mouth now on fire though 🔥
Sounds fiery but tasty!