Match Thread: Gillingham v Lincoln City | Page 32 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Gillingham v Lincoln City

Loved that, now watching test match highlights on free to air channel 4. Bottle of wine. All is well. Have a great weekend Imps. Tonight we’re top of the league. I know the decline in Covid isn’t universal. My mum has survived at 84. We will beat this and then have a memory loss blow out.
It's also live free to air on C4, 4am to about 11.15.

Good news re your Mum!

i predicted 3-0 to us at half time. We made clear cut chances and opened them up a number of times. We played some good football, but fair to say our passing didnt seem as good today. Gillingham were physical and a threat but it was always big ball into the box, either long throw or a high lump up into the box and hope.
Good games for Grant, Rogers, Walsh McGrandles, Hopper and Palmer.

i predicted 3-0 to us at half time. We made clear cut chances and opened them up a number of times. We played some good football, but fair to say our passing didnt seem as good today. Gillingham were physical and a threat but it was always big ball into the box, either long throw or a high lump up into the box and hope.
Good games for Grant, Rogers, Walsh McGrandles, Hopper and Palmer.

and Jackson.

Also a new club record for away wins in the third tier (9) since the FL was reorganised in 1958.

Club record is 13 in 1908-09 (Midland League) and again in 2016-17 (National League.

Club record in the FL is 12 in 1947-48 (Division Three (North) and again in 2018-19 (League Two).

If you count the old Third Division (North) as the third tier, those 12 wins in 1947-48 is the record to beat.

All the above were title-winning seasons.

McGrandles was superb again as was Palmer and Walsh.

I thought Hoppers goal was offside as when Rodgers shot, Hopper looked furthest forward in the frame near the keeper and from the other angles there weren’t any full backs out of the original frame playing him on.

Hopper did what he had to do and let the officials make the decision, fair play to him.

As Grants goal was clearly onside. I suppose it equals out.

A great win tonight. I would like to comment that The Gills were an awful aggressive bunch of cheats leaving in feet and elbows and rolling into challenges to con the ref [who was appalling] to win set piece opportunities for free kicks dropped into the mixer for a flick ons and all that type of thing that makes the game somewhat a lottery . Long throws and lots of hoof for what? . Satisfaction for me tonight is two fold .

1- We are no longer are the recipients of the above post match comments.
2- How many Gills players need stitches tonight? We play total football but we can dish it out as well .
Good stuff

I have just watched a typical prehistoric team play a quality footballing team with a fantastic defence and goalkeeper and devastating on the counter attack.
Unfortunately whilst watching have been subject to so called professional commentators and pundits talk out their arse to try and insinuate that Gillingham were hard done by.
Evans tried to physically dominate Lincoln with his form of the blitz we just soaked it up and played all the football when we had possession. That is why we won 4 nil , well should have been as Grant was legally onside.
The main difference being they have a ignorant thug and bully as a Manager and we have a superb coach in charge of us.
I was so impressed by the Imps we just look such a good side and play quality football.

Sooo - bought the Now TV pass, plugged the laptop (i7 6 series, very fast laptop considering) into the telly and the NOW TV app was crap. Thought at first it was Eubank and Tyson commentating.........kept getting the loading logo. Realised that it was waiting for the data and then playing it too fast before having to wait again. Would have noticed earlier if our team didn't play first time balls all the time but it was faster hence the higher pitched commentators............

So I unplugged the laptop and projected to the TV and problem solved. It isn't 2 munchkins commentating (may as well have been.)

Second time I've bought NowTV and to be honest it makes ifollow look reliable.

Anyways. co-commentator makes Hortin look good. I think he must have been on acid or something. Red card challenge? Never. Flattering result? How many saves did Palmer actually make? You don't get points (especially in the modern game) for hoofing it up and loading the ball in the area. Meaningless Possession is just that and Steve Evans is just a lower league Allardyce gambling on 100 crosses and hoofs making a goal.

McGrandles, McGrandles............This post is long already so I'll leave it there but he is crucial to the run in, probably moreso even than Grant.

Rogers is starting to improve significantly and had a great second half. Brennan again ignored his teammate in a better position when he could have passed. Probs a penalty but a soft one.

And this Lincoln team is now starting to make me believe we can reach the next level. A result on Tuesday and we must all start to believe that we aren't just in with a chance but are real contenders.