Who Was Your Man of The Match v Gillingham? | Vital Football

Who Was Your Man of The Match v Gillingham?

Who was your Man of The Match v Gillingham?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The defence were outstanding with Palmer colossal. Fantastic display of goalkeeping. Palmer commanded his box, knew when to come, solid at punching the ball away from and absolute bombardment of crosses, his catching under pressure is second to none. Decent saves all round with a confident and assured display.

This team plays as a team, there are different talents but when it works as it did tonight, we're always saying "it's a team performance".

But Walsh - just - stood above the rest for me in a magnificent defence against a tough physical challenge. Close between him, Palmer Jackson, Hopper, Grant (for starters!).

Palmer - confident, assertive, did the simple things well but with a couple of big moments. That sort of concentration is the mark of a top keeper.

Went for Jackson. Both centre halfs were excellent. Grant, Rogers, Johnson and Hopper did very well, with little ball.

Plenty options again but agree with Walsh. All the defence were outstanding but that block at 1-0 shortly before half time was world class defending

Cannot add to that....
There were a number of very good performances from Grant, Palmer, Jackson etc but, for me Walsh was the outstanding performer, he was excellent all night but, that one block when Graham was clean through on goal was top drawer, if he hadn’t made that challenge it would almost certainly have been 1-1 and would have made for a difficult second half.

Gone for McGrandles, best performance in a city shirt for me he was all over the pitch, some of his defending off set pieces and long throws was superb, he has come back from illness/injury looking a different player and like the third quality midfielder of the three to make the difference.

Walsh and Palmer were excellent too.

Last edited:
Struggling to split Walsh & Jackson. Mainly because most of the time wasn’t which was putting their head on the line