Thommo | Page 6 | Vital Football

Thommo

If you are straight you do not have all the disadvantages and prejudice that come with being LGBTQ+
If you are white you do not have all the disadvantages and prejudice that come with being BAME
If you are male you do not have all the disadvantages and prejudice that come with being female
Therefore, being a straight white male means you are privileged. And for the record, I am straight white male. But I appreciate that I am lucky in that respect and do not resent when attempts are made to address the imbalance.

The problem is over sensitivity (for example firing someone for making a 'skirt' comment) solves nothing, it just fires up those with opposing views into thinking they are oppressed. It is counterproductive. It becomes a totem for those on the opposite spectrum to claim victimhood... which is how 'Trump' happened in America.

Not had blue label, but always liked red and black when I was a scotch drinker (cue in Barney) but if you have a bottle open I will try a shot.

A bit too expensive for me! Had a shot in the George at Leadenham one time (excellent whisky pub, or was 10 years ago). Cost about £12. Very nice.

There lies your problem, not mine. I could not have made it clearer.
The problem is over sensitivity (for example firing someone for making a 'skirt' comment) solves nothing, it just fires up those with opposing views into thinking they are oppressed. It is counterproductive. It becomes a totem for those on the opposite spectrum to claim victimhood... which is how 'Trump' happened in America.
Look, don't you start, you chaps tonig
No, you've lost me mate, did you study Sociology?

I'm feeling Zen tonight. No politics as such, just good wine and fine cheese with oatcakes.

I may shout at some clouds later, but only in they're stratus, or higher.

A bit too expensive for me! Had a shot in the George at Leadenham one time (excellent whisky pub, or was 10 years ago). Cost about £12. Very nice.
Many, many years since I was in there, but didn't they boast the largest selection of scotch in the county or possibly country?

Yep, rooms full of it. A vast selection, complete with a whisky menu.

Decent food, as well.
Always used to be a favourite of the fly-boys from Cranwell.
I played cricket for Leadenham many years ago. Strangely, almost always went to Fulbeck for drinks afterwards, rather than either Leadenham pub, because half our team played football there :silly:

Didn't he make a pretty homophobic comment about Montsma's fashion shoot as being like something out of "gay monthly" a few weeks back? Or did I misunderstand? It's not the first time he has said something that looks abit ignorant.

I can remember when there weren’t many privileges to being an Imp. NoW it’s so fashionable you can’t even get a ticket. Very annoying does that mean we have to start watching Grimsby it’s like Lincoln but they are just about to get worried about the millennium bug!

If you are straight you do not have all the disadvantages and prejudice that come with being LGBTQ+
If you are white you do not have all the disadvantages and prejudice that come with being BAME
If you are male you do not have all the disadvantages and prejudice that come with being female
Therefore, being a straight white male means you are privileged. And for the record, I am straight white male. But I appreciate that I am lucky in that respect and do not resent when attempts are made to address the imbalance.

Appreciate you are lucky, but don't feel guilty about it, how you were born is not your fault. Be happy, take your opportunities, appreciate what is around you, especially if it is free.

Yesterday, at sunrise on a bright frosty early morning dog walk I saw a Roe Deer, two Woodpeckers and a Buzzard. Later my missus completed her radiotherapy for breast cancer, the Chemo finished some weeks ago. Hopefully we have turned a corner. In the evening I listened to a confident Michael Appleton. How lucky we are.

Dinosaur comes to mind however he is more coherent than either Makepeace or Hortin who were awful last night. (In my opinion) Time for Mr Hone to take the reigns.

Absolutely, Mark Hone was refreshing against Fleetwood .... I’m wondering if Hortin is on borrowed time too? Would much prefer Sam Ashoo at the reigns.

Appreciate you are lucky, but don't feel guilty about it, how you were born is not your fault. Be happy, take your opportunities, appreciate what is around you, especially if it is free.

Yesterday, at sunrise on a bright frosty early morning dog walk I saw a Roe Deer, two Woodpeckers and a Buzzard. Later my missus completed her radiotherapy for breast cancer, the Chemo finished some weeks ago. Hopefully we have turned a corner. In the evening I listened to a confident Michael Appleton. How lucky we are.
Hope your luck continues, and a full recovery is forthcoming. As you know, only too well, good health is a privilege not everyone is lucky enough to enjoy for as long as others.

Think your problem here is what you are talking about is absolutely zero to do with Thommo's pathetic suspension.
He has not been suspended for being a "privileged white male" but because there are pathetic idiots somewhere in BBC Lincolnshire.

Oh and the bggest key part of privilege that you missed out is not gender or colour or sexuality, but class. And its middle class crap that is at play here.

And I would also like to point out that not only is Thommo is long serving servant of our club as player, captain, manager, and now reporter, he (and our then team and the Bradford players too) did nearly lose their lives in the Fire. Ordered back into the changing rooms by the referee and hence into the soon to be blazing stand, it was frankly only down to moments that they escaped with lives by quickly getting out again.
They then had a further near miss days later when their plane crashed at Leeds/Bradford airport.
So how about the middle class morons at the BBC have a little think that people deserve to be treated with some dignity and respect ?

I didn't feel all that advantaged being brought up children's homes, joining the army for somewhere to live and these days being excluded on applications because I'm the wrong gender, colour or perceived class.

I didn't feel all that advantaged being brought up children's homes, joining the army for somewhere to live and these days being excluded on applications because I'm the wrong gender, colour or perceived class.
Again, you fail to get it. Is it through choice? Now picture all that you went through (which I appreciate was not good) and then picture how it would have been if you were also LGBTQ+, BAME and/or female. White privilege does not mean that you are born with a silver spoon in your mouth but whatever your circumstances, it is still better in those circumstances to be a straight white male.

Again, you fail to get it. Is it through choice? Now picture all that you went through (which I appreciate was not good) and then picture how it would have been if you were also LGBTQ+, BAME and/or female. White privilege does not mean that you are born with a silver spoon in your mouth but whatever your circumstances, it is still better in those circumstances to be a straight white male.

How about the Queen?
She's not a white male.
Is she therefore less privileged than me or ex-ref?

I think what is trying to be said that all people at some point in their lives are on the wrong end of an inequitable world.

There should not be a contest of who has the biggest story. At present this does feel like that with all the media reports.

21st century Britain should be equitable for all - unfortunately it is not. But that said I am not an advocate of trying to pull down or rewrite history.