Thommo | Page 23 | Vital Football

Thommo

When I was a student in Brum there was a radio station BRBM - a pre ITV Jeremy Kyle had the late night slot. It was mostly listeners phoning in but they made Thompson sound like jackanory! I am not saying either was correct (20 odd years apart) but it does make you wonder where this is going, will it become more of a nanny state or will it go full circle?

I worked with some Americans a few years back who were outraged at the local hires use of the Anglo Saxon language. We said to them oh it’s normal its good for you you should try it. They didnt it was all thank you mam and yes sir crap. Total false and insincere. I said to one of them once I find it strange how a nation that can bear arms on each other and still has a deep set institutional racism can get so offended when a few colleges drop a few swear words on the office. They didn’t get it. To be honest listening to a thickset Bristol accent swearing is comedy in its self.
Just read this. They didnt get it? No shit Sherlock. I imagine they had some amusing tales to tell back at home about the experience in England