Thommo | Page 5 | Vital Football

Thommo

I think that if it was for the 'should have been wearing a skirt' reference, it's very unfortunate if he has lost his summariser role, but in the current equality climate it's not appropriate and that's probably the price he has paid. I thought he did a good job - Michael Hortin and Sporty Rob combo didn't do it for me. Perhaps Mark Hone will fill the spot - he was very good last time out.
Maybe the straw that broke the camels back after a few near misses. And presumably a change at the top of Radio Lincolnshire maybe they’re more woke.

Maybe the straw that broke the camels back after a few near misses. And presumably a change at the top of Radio Lincolnshire maybe they’re more woke.

Too many over-sensitive people around now in 2020. If something offends this tiny minority of the loony left woke brigade, then the unoffended majority have to suffer. But then this is the BBC we are talking about in this instance here, hardly the pariahs of mortal fortitude given they protected Jimmy Savile for years, turning a blind eye to his many disgusting off screen activities, and a corporation who have employed many others of criminal and dubious nature.

If the BBC have sacked Thommo then why have they not axed those two Radio London idiotic presenters who let a caller say the 'n' word seven times during a recent phone in? A far, far worse crime than anything perpetuated by Thommo.

Too many over-sensitive people around now in 2020. If something offends this tiny minority of the loony left woke brigade, then the unoffended majority have to suffer. But then this is the BBC we are talking about in this instance here, hardly the pariahs of mortal fortitude given they protected Jimmy Savile for years, turning a blind eye to his many disgusting off screen activities, and a corporation who have employed many others of criminal and dubious nature.

If the BBC have sacked Thommo then why have they not axed those two Radio London idiotic presenters who let a caller say the 'n' word seven times during a recent phone in? A far, far worse crime than anything perpetuated by Thommo.
Yup, I think I can go with that post, Imposter.

Says the forum member who is privileged enough to be a straight white male

I think that if it was for the 'should have been wearing a skirt' reference, it's very unfortunate if he has lost his summariser role, but in the current equality climate it's not appropriate and that's probably the price he has paid. I thought he did a good job - Michael Hortin and Sporty Rob combo didn't do it for me. Perhaps Mark Hone will fill the spot - he was very good last time out.

Sorry I thought Mark was dull and very monotone by comparison.

I quite often have started with the non Lincoln commentary, sometimes for the whole of the first half. You get a different perspective, and it is interesting initially. In my opinion the comparative knowledge shown by the away sides commentators has been greatly exaggerated on this thread by some parties. Also, few have the banter that exists between Hortin and Tommo, and very few provide summaries as good as Tommo.

At a time when there is not a lot going right for the average football fan, our commentators do at least occasionally provide an element of humour, often at their own expense. Currently it is important to try and be positive, and to smile at the little things.

The views of what my children find acceptable (and they are becoming as cynical as me) and what my father found acceptable are worlds apart. I am just not sure quite whether I want to be sucked into one, and equally, whether I should be ashamed of simply accepting the other.

The world moves on around us, whether we like it, notice it, rail against it, or not.

Last edited:
The views of what my children find acceptable (and they are becoming as cynical as me) and what my father found acceptable are worlds apart. I am just not sure quite whether I want to be sucked into one, and equally, whether I should be ashamed of simply accepting the other.

The world moves on around us, whether we like, or notice, or rail against, it or not.

I'm off to shout at some clouds. Care to join me?

If you are straight you do not have all the disadvantages and prejudice that come with being LGBTQ+
If you are white you do not have all the disadvantages and prejudice that come with being BAME
If you are male you do not have all the disadvantages and prejudice that come with being female
Therefore, being a straight white male means you are privileged. And for the record, I am straight white male. But I appreciate that I am lucky in that respect and do not resent when attempts are made to address the imbalance.

If you are straight you do not have all the disadvantages and prejudice that come with being LGBTQ+
If you are white you do not have all the disadvantages and prejudice that come with being BAME
If you are male you do not have all the disadvantages and prejudice that come with being female
Therefore, being a straight white male means you are privileged. And for the record, I am straight white male. But I appreciate that I am lucky in that respect and do not resent when attempts are made to address the imbalance.
Still don't know what the feg you're on about.

Give me Tommo any day over some of the opposition’s on ifollow. Tommo has played and managed, there can’t be many stations summarisers/commentators who can boast that and he gives a great insight into tactics and how to counteract the opposition. His sense of humour, banter and stories are welcome too! 👍😃

Spot on.
Spent quite a bit of time with Thommo. He's definitely not a dinosaur or anything like that.
I'd have him to listen to every time on the radio.