Thommo | Vital Football

Thommo

mikeosullivan

Vital Squad Member
Seems to have disappeared from Twitter as well as the radio commentary team.

As other have mentioned, nothing was said in way of explanation by batman and robin last night, so it looks as though its something serious.

I hope he is allowed to come back. If he has said something inappropriate, its only in my view because Hortin has led him into it with all of his non-football "banter".

I for one didn't hear anything said on air on Saturday that offended me.

As other have mentioned, nothing was said in way of explanation by batman and robin last night, so it looks as though its something serious.

I hope he is allowed to come back. If he has said something inappropriate, its only in my view because Hortin has led him into it with all of his non-football "banter".

It may be something to do with his unfortunate anachronistic comment "should be wearing a skirt", but who knows?

I'm quite sure no offence was intended, but these are sensitive times.

It may be something to do with his unfortunate anachronistic comment "should be wearing a skirt", but who knows?

The latest in a long line of statements that would have seemed out of date if said during On the Buses. Past views on female officials and the occasional homophobic remark. Personally I am not a fan of him summarising either. Thought it worked well last night with Rob commentating and Horton relegated to summarising.

I
The latest in a long line of statements that would have seemed out of date if said during On the Buses. Past views on female officials and the occasional homophobic remark. Personally I am not a fan of him summarising either. Thought it worked well last night with Rob commentating and Horton relegated to summarising.

I don't dislike him, but having watched all the available ifollows, his repetitive banter with Mr Hortin was wearing a little thin, Imps legend though he may be.

Dinosaur comes to mind however he is more coherent than either Makepeace or Hortin who were awful last night. (In my opinion) Time for Mr Hone to take the reigns.

it has been building over the weeks, sometimes it is a tad 1970s.

That said Hortin is as guilty, as even last night he said something that was grim - I was going to type it but thought better of it. It was when he was interrupted by Makepeace as there was an attack only to finish is conversation after.

In this day in age especially at the BBC, everyday language/banter you see in 95% of life is not permitted. This really is the age of think it dont say it -good job you cant get arrested for that!

Regardless of whether there is anything 'to see here' , there was even less on show at The County Ground. The bloke is entitled to a night off, so it will be interesting to see if he jams into a car with Hortin all the way to Plymouth. Maybe there will be squad rotation with the latter back in Lincoln on the more important Pirate Gold project. A competent technical organisation does not necessarily need to be in the stadium to adequately cover a match.

This really is the age of think it dont say it -good job you cant get arrested for that!

Unless it relates to terrorism, in which case, you probably shouldn't even think it. According the Crown Prosecution Website,

"It is important to note that in order to be convicted of a terrorism offence a person doesn't actually have to commit what could be considered a terrorist attack. Planning, assisting and even collecting information on how to commit terrorist acts are all crimes under British terrorism legislation."

I've subscribed to and bought some away feeds for the Imps this year and, I have to say, our broadcast team is easily the worst. Hone has been our only voice that is knowledgable and at least knows the oppositions players. It just seems like Hortin and Thommo just don't do any research. Maybe I am wrong...

Oh, and Makepeace is fine, too.

EDIT: there is no place for homophobic comments or those belittling to women in football or anywhere. We just can't have that in the game.

Last edited:
Unless it relates to terrorism, in which case, you probably shouldn't even think it. According the Crown Prosecution Website,

"It is important to note that in order to be convicted of a terrorism offence a person doesn't actually have to commit what could be considered a terrorist attack. Planning, assisting and even collecting information on how to commit terrorist acts are all crimes under British terrorism legislation."

I don’t think it extends to thoughts!

either that or they agree with my view on most of the cabinet

who was he referring to when he said that?

Surely Thommo's 'banter' is not as bad as Hortin's heavy-breathing (he really needs to lose weight... again) and referring to opposition players as 'defender', 'goalkeeper', etc...?

I've subscribed to and bought some away feeds for the Imps this year and, I have to say, our broadcast team is easily the worst. Hone has been our only voice that is knowledgable and at least knows the oppositions players. It just seems like Hortin and Thommo just don't do any research. Maybe I am wrong...

Oh, and Makepeace is fine, too.

EDIT: there is no place for homophobic comments or those belittling to women in football or anywhere. We just can't have that in the game.
I don't wish to be homophobic in any shape or form. Women's football has improved dramatically over the last 20 odd years and they play some skillful and entertaining stuff. Unfortunately the keepers are still pretty poo.