The great big short Summer Transfer and "What the hell do we do now" Thread | Page 286 | Vital Football

The great big short Summer Transfer and "What the hell do we do now" Thread

Do we think Daniel Sturridge could manage 2 games a week?

Whilst I'm sure Sturridge will be our manager one day at the rate we get through them and the fact that he is qualified insofar as he has had a pro football career and has a pulse, I think we should give the new guy a chance for now.

He's just going through a rough patch, happens with all strikers. He's getting chances, but its not happening. At least he's in the right place to get the chances.. He will come good..He's a key part of our team and we'd be crazy to let him go. Incidentally Daniel Taylor has said that Guerrero was a Marinakis 'recommendation' and was pretty much forced onto Sabri...

It would be absolutely crazy to let Lewis go at this point in the season. What, sell your top scorer after 7 games when you've just appointed a new manager and you're 5th from bottom?

Nor would I let him go in the notoriously difficult January window. That is for selling /giving away the many rubbish signings we've made recently.

Maybe at the end of the season when we've had a while to source a good replacement.

Knockaert got in plenty of crosses on Friday. Guerreo isn’t bad in the air and Taylor is much better than Grabban. It was noticeable that Knockaert went deep with most of his crosses to bring Ameobi’s height in to the equation. Guerreo may not be a bad replacement. Havn’t seen enough to know one way or the other.

Can only go on You Tube clips, but he looks very mobile, and a tough cookie. Good timing of runs, and good in the air. Only way to see is to give him a run out IMO.

I cant understand the love in for Grabben.
The chances he has missed and will miss are increasing in both the number and the ease.
He is past it...and uninterested.
He has a love in with SABRI and is peeved the we let him go.
His head will not forgive and just wants to be with SABRI.
He has got to go whilst he is respected and whilst we are grateful.
It will not be long before Pope & Co are saying ‘we should have got rid of him in October’.
I am thankfull for what he did for us last season and wish he was a couple of years younger.
But...TAXI!!

It appears he has opted to stay! Must have been a good offer.
that actually sits ok with me...which i9s all that matters really :oops::rofl::rofl:
but grabs...please sort your shit out...AND SCORE

The chances he has missed and will miss are increasing in both the number and the ease.
It will not be long before Pope & Co are saying ‘we should have got rid of him in October’.
I am thankfull for what he did for us last season and wish he was a couple of years younger.
But...TAXI!!

You can't understand it? 20 goals with a largely defensive formation.

He also hasnt left yet.

But...TAXI!!
That is bonkers.

20 goals last season
16 the one before

In defensive formation and often feeding off scraps.

Look at his goal against Boro. A point gained out of nothing

There are very few players scoring at this level like he does. But people declare he is shit whenever he goes through a dry spell, as all strikers do

That is bonkers.

20 goals last season
16 the one before

In defensive formation and often feeding off scraps.

Look at his goal against Boro. A point gained out of nothing

There are very few players scoring at this level like he does. But people declare he is shit whenever he goes through a dry spell, as all strikers do
No its not bonkers..>Have you actually watched the sitters he has missed?
Have you actually seen him able to ride a challenge this season?
Like I said gratefull for last season but last season means absolutely nothing now.

Its gone...we are still in the championship...WE ARE STILL IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP FFS!!

I don’t care a jot about last season...this season is a new challenge and to date Grabben has done and shown SFA!!