The great big short Summer Transfer and "What the hell do we do now" Thread | Page 287 | Vital Football

The great big short Summer Transfer and "What the hell do we do now" Thread

No its not bonkers..>Have you actually watched the sitters he has missed?
Have you actually seen him able to ride a challenge this season?
Like I said gratefull for last season but last season means absolutely nothing now.

Its gone...we are still in the championship...WE ARE STILL IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP FFS!!

I don’t care a jot about last season...this season is a new challenge and to date Grabben has done and shown SFA!!

Did you see the absolute sitters Sterling missed yesterday?

For me it's not so much the missed chances all strikers go through patches like that it's what appears to be a general lack of intensity, choosing not to challenge for balls when even if he can't win them he can make life uncomfortable for opponents which might force a mistake. I know he's had it tough playing up front on his own in a very defensive set up, but sometimes he does appear to be a bit half hearted & disinterested in his general play

Did you see the absolute sitters Sterling missed yesterday?
No I didn’t...But again...he missed chances but Liverpool still won.

We don’t have that luxury.

Our main striker misses and we lose or draw...and that’s painfully when we need the points

Again though I don’t care if he or Messy or whoever misses sitters.

We do not score enough goals so poor misses are more punishing.

Ok he is staying now anyway and I rarely get on the back of players b¨t Grabs at the moment is very poor and we cannot carry passengers...do your job or let someone in who...at this moment in time stands a better chance.

Liverpool winning will be scant consolation to Raheem Sterling's Man City team, where he has played for several years and who DID NOT win yesterday
They'll almost certainly be shipping Raheem out on a free after missing chances during a game. Based on that showing though, who's going to take him? May have to pay up his contract just to get shut. Careers over Mr Sterling, buh-bye.

True story - I was about 15 and I had a long 'debate' with my teacher about what constitutes noon or 12pm exactly. My argument was that in physics, time is constantly moving so therefore there is no such thing as noon or any other fixed time. I thought I made a very valid point but got laughed out of class, to this day I still believe I am 100% correct. Not relevant to this discussion as the 'time' we are talking about is human defined and measured but it still sticks in gut after many, many (human measured) years.

Lol have pope and plums met their match!

Yup time is definitely an interesting one. Does time exist independantly of people? Is time only linear? Are there more than 1 type of time?

Maybe an off fred discussion.

That is bonkers.

20 goals last season
16 the one before

In defensive formation and often feeding off scraps.

Look at his goal against Boro. A point gained out of nothing

There are very few players scoring at this level like he does. But people declare he is shit whenever he goes through a dry spell, as all strikers do
Pope it's not that he is shit, but on the balance of things; his last year of his contract and his goal contribution is getting lesser nd lesser, if there is an offer that he is happy with and helps our bank balance too, then for me is a no brainer. The two upfront didnt work, so or we play a striker that score goals nd midfielders that chip in with goals too or else we r going to end up with an unhappy striker or two nd a relegation battle. Do you think that we should keep playing him nd leave Taylor nd Guerrero as subs? For hos long this can go on? As someone else said .. if he stays nd his goal contribution remains low, or he will be benched, nd will be worthless in January or worse... we end up sucked in a relegation battle ...just to keep a striker playing, a striker that will leave in 10 months...

No I didn’t...But again...he missed chances but Liverpool still won.

We don’t have that luxury.

Our main striker misses and we lose or draw...and that’s painfully when we need the points

Again though I don’t care if he or Messy or whoever misses sitters.

We do not score enough goals so poor misses are more punishing.

Ok he is staying now anyway and I rarely get on the back of players b¨t Grabs at the moment is very poor and we cannot carry passengers...do your job or let someone in who...at this moment in time stands a better chance.
Owd. No, too many.

Pope it's not that he is shit, but on the balance of things; his last year of his contract and his goal contribution is getting lesser nd lesser, if there is an offer that he is happy with and helps our bank balance too, then for me is a no brainer. The two upfront didnt work, so or we play a striker that score goals nd midfielders that chip in with goals too or else we r going to end up with an unhappy striker or two nd a relegation battle. Do you think that we should keep playing him nd leave Taylor nd Guerrero as subs? For hos long this can go on? As someone else said .. if he stays nd his goal contribution remains low, or he will be benched, nd will be worthless in January or worse... we end up sucked in a relegation battle ...just to keep a striker playing, a striker that will leave in 10 months...
A relegation battle🙄. Do fuck off.

You absolutely do not sell your top goal scorer over the last two seasons when you can’t replace him. Particularly if you only have two strikers at the club, one of which is unproven in this league

I would rather watch him leave for free in the summer...

Lol have pope and plums met their match!

Yup time is definitely an interesting one. Does time exist independantly of people? Is time only linear? Are there more than 1 type of time?

Maybe an off fred discussion.

Time is a man made narrative

Just accept Entropy

You absolutely do not sell your top goal scorer over the last two seasons when you can’t replace him. Particularly if you only have two strikers at the club, one of which is unproven in this league

I would rather watch him leave for free in the summer...

Thats the deal