The great big short Summer Transfer and "What the hell do we do now" Thread | Page 288 | Vital Football

The great big short Summer Transfer and "What the hell do we do now" Thread

grabz scored 20 open nets, prob had 30 open net opportunities.. Apart from that he offers absolutely fook all, cant head it shoot, beat a man, tackle, run fast or find space or hold the ball up. hes also lazy, a bad egg, sulks and has cost one manager his job. ship the fooker out i would :)

Who can we slag off next? Christie, Ioannou we know are absolutely shit. Yates is the worst player to ever pull on the shirt and Grabban needs to go because he's not even trying to score because he wants out. I reckon we should have a go at Brice. He's an utter clown or maybe Arter, who looks off the pace and past it.

Keep going chap.....

Grabban offers far more than ‘just’ 20 goals a season. Yes he has missed sitters and looked poor at times but with the start we have had how many of our players have covered themselves in glory so far?

Absolute madness to suggest we should be happy to see the back of him.

If he goes at the end of the season I will wave him on with thanks for the goals he has scored and with my best wishes.

Until then he is the best striker we have until proven otherwise.

Am happy Grabz is staying. We are not well resourced in that dept. Question is, is Grabz fall off of form, which coincided with Forests drop in form back in Feb. Just one of those things or is age catching up. Taylor can fill Grabz boots but not sure how well he will go at two games a week for most of season. Between them they have a chance of lasting the course.

Interestingly his name sake Dale Taylor scored plenty in 7-0 rout of QPR at under 18 level. This lad, signed from Derry over the summer has played some men’s football and could quickly find himself in U23’s. Him and Swan are the ones to watch.

Grabban offers far more than ‘just’ 20 goals a season. Yes he has missed sitters and looked poor at times but with the start we have had how many of our players have covered themselves in glory so far?

Absolute madness to suggest we should be happy to see the back of him.

If he goes at the end of the season I will wave him on with thanks for the goals he has scored and with my best wishes.

Until then he is the best striker we have until proven otherwise.
lol que? thebest striker we'v had? if youre under 5 years old maybe

You absolutely do not sell your top goal scorer over the last two seasons when you can’t replace him. Particularly if you only have two strikers at the club, one of which is unproven in this league

I would rather watch him leave for free in the summer...
weve replaced him with Taylor :)

Every person has a dip in form at some point. Grabban had a real lean spell whilst at Norwich at one point but did come good with the goals.
He has been in the lone striker role for a number of seasons for us and generally plays every game. He is also the first striker in some time to score 20 goals for us. Any striker that scores 20 goals in a season is an asset. Being the lone striker he has to be in and around the box, not necessarily running the channels all the time.
So as others have said, it would be a strange reason in Forest letting him go.

From his perspective, he is in the last year of his contract and will be looking for perhaps one more multi year contract. He also appears to play with strapping or tape on his legs, indicating to me he is trying to protect either a persistent injury or weakness. So for him, he needs another contract, has been shown interest by another party that might give him a longer contract and to play in a warmer climate. No wonder he was interested.

I dont blame him at all, but he has now committed himself to the cause (until at least Jan!). Hopefully he will score a couple on Wednesday and this will all be forgotten for a few months.

He is far from finished as a striker; did he not go 8 or 9 games without a goal when he first signed for us and still finished up with over 15 goals?
Pretty much, yes. I think there’s at least another season left in him but my guess is that he will want two years in any negotiations and I am not 100% convinced we will offer him that.

I notice Cafu netted for the Under 23s yesterday, and Will Swann got two more; could he be the next one off of the conveyor belt?

Bong also played, so It is safe to assume he is in Hughton's thoughts