The great big short Summer Transfer and "What the hell do we do now" Thread | Page 284 | Vital Football

The great big short Summer Transfer and "What the hell do we do now" Thread

How was your game yesterday by the way? Hope you played off the right pots after i took the trouble to let you know which ones they are.

Yes, thanks for that; I always wondered what all those different colours meant.

It was only a practice knock yesterday; I need to get some more Golf in or I will be back up to 15 before I know it, and the Winter League starts in two weeks.

I joined a new Course earlier in the Year which is an Open Qualifier venue and a good bit more difficult than my old Course; it has taken a bit of getting used to.

I see both sides of the argument here. As pope says it’s a false economy. If we can get grosicki over the line I may do it
But we need a target identified and signed on Jan 1..
if we can get good cash for him, and Figs in Jan, clear some deadwood and get a proven striker the maybe
But Jan is an awful time to do this. So maybe we keep till Jan and sell once we have a target in place and signed

Yes, thanks for that; I always wondered what all those different colours meant.

It was only a practice knock yesterday; I need to get some more Golf in or I will be back up to 15 before I know it, and the Winter League starts in two weeks.

I joined a new Course earlier in the Year which is an Open Qualifier venue and a good bit more difficult than my old Course; it has taken a bit of getting used to.
Little Aston?

Hope this is true, if so take the money as long as reinvested in January. If he really wants to go then let him, he looks disinterested enough as it is, thought he looked a bit sulky last night
If as is being reported by a reasonably reliable source he wants to go then we must sell. Refuse him the move and we will get absolutely nothing from him, forget him coming back into form.

Doesn't matter.

We cannot allow him to leave with us 20th in the table and only two other strikers at the club, especially one whose ability is totally unproven. He'll have to have his move in 8 months
Why not? He is living on his name, if he goes at least Taylor will play more nd who knows maybe we will see Guerrero.

He as certainly disinterested yesterday. How much is SL willing to pay? Mandruzic available, as has no contract. Needs to be in the window to enable a contract. How much is his wages likely to be?

Why not? He is living on his name, if he goes at least Taylor will play more nd who knows maybe we will see Guerrero.
He is a 20 goal a season striker and far better than Taylor

I know our fans absolutely loathe any actual goalscorer not called Collymore.

But he is by far our best striker.

We won't get anywhere with only Taylor available. It's not even certain he can play 90 minutes easily, let alone twice a week.

Have we learned nothing?

He can’t go, end of story. What happens if Taylor gets injured and Guerrero isn’t good (likely based on comments). This is the best team we’ve had in years with the best manager - losing our main striker, regardless of his current form, would be suicidal.

As others have said, tell him Jan so we can get someone in or give us 1 more year then do what you want.