Should sabz stay | Page 15 | Vital Football

Should sabz stay

Should sabz stay

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He's still in the job at the minute, but surely clinging on by a thread!!
It will be an absolute disaster to leave him in situ for even another day.

International break now to get a new man in and working with them, preferably someone with a lot of experience of working in this country and division.

It's a catastrophe to leave him in charge for the Blackburn game.

What would be the point? To prove that, yes, he can actually lose 8 in a row at a place where we never win? Give the defence selection tombola one more spin?

It will be an absolute disaster to leave him in situ for even another day.

International break now to get a new man in and working with them, preferably someone with a lot of experience of working in this country and division.

It's a catastrophe to leave him in charge for the Blackburn game.

What would be the point? To prove that, yes, he can actually lose 8 in a row at a place where we never win? Give the defence selection tombola one more spin?

As bad as it is, i do wonder if we are over reacting. You shouldnt really include any games from last season but even if we take the last 11 games, thats just 25% of a season- surely that level of chop and change has bought us to this point.

Sounds like he is already gone but i would have given him at least the next game to see if the improvement we saw yesterday continues. Aside from a ridiculous 20mins where the opposition scored 2 while our defenders introduced themselves to each other, we made city work. On another day we would have got something.

Having backed the manager, there is time for a game or two b4 getting rid because when/if/now that he has gone we are writing this season off imo

As bad as it is, i do wonder if we are over reacting. You shouldnt really include any games from last season but even if we take the last 11 games, thats just 25% of a season- surely that level of chop and change has bought us to this point.

Sounds like he is already gone but i would have given him at least the next game to see if the improvement we saw yesterday continues. Aside from a ridiculous 20mins where the opposition scored 2 while our defenders introduced themselves to each other, we made city work. On another day we would have got something.

Having backed the manager, there is time for a game or two b4 getting rid because when/if/now that he has gone we are writing this season off imo
We didn't see improvement yesterday. None at all. I don't know why people keep saying that

Huddersfield was an improvement. We stayed in the game for 50 minutes or so.

We threw this game down the toilet in 15, and once again looked comfortable only once we had virtually no chance of winning.

Let's face it, it took a worldie from our best player to even look like we were back in the game. Were it not for that, we would have seen yet another 0-2 with us banging half heartedly on the door. The only goal we have scored since June was an outstanding piece of skill by an outstanding player.

What really clinches it for me is that there is absolutely no style of play whatsoever. From day one last year the style was clear, organised and therefore effective. What is the style now? It isn't counter, it isn't defensive, it isn't possession, nor attacking.

The style is, "throw the game away like headless chickens and then try to look like you care"

If we had a definate style emerging, even if he was trying for a new one like Dougie Freedman tried and failed to do a few years ago, I would have some patience. But I cannot for the life of me see what the hell Lamouchi is even trying to do; worse, I don't think the players do either and I don't think he himself even knows

And then when losing but giving our best (not high standards) fightback of the season so far, he thinks a good attacking substitution is to bring on a player with a season average passing accuracy of 57%. No surprise when Da Costa fucks up pretty much every important pass he had to make.

We have been here plenty of times. We all know when a manager has lost his head and lost the plot. Recently we have sacked managers long before they got to that stage; O'Neill, Karanka. But we are definately there now.

I totally disagree with those who carp on about sticking with managers no matter what. That applied when you have a really good manager in the first place. SL isn't that. He has done this before with Rennes; good first season, collapsed the second.

What people forget is how toxic it can be to stick too long with a poor manager; and I mean a man who is doing very badly with the resources he had. Stoke did it last season, far too long. Only appointing an outstanding manager saved them late in the season. Same with Boro and Woodgate. Barnsley stook with theirs because he was a great manager and what he was getting matched what he had.

We went down in 05 because we stuck with an insane manager till December, then totally fucked up the replacement with a caretaker and the wrong man. We stuck far too long with Montanier in 17 as well.

You have to get rid when the writing is on the wall and absolutely appoint the best you can get. Sabri is finished.

There is no possible coming back from this. Even if he wins the next one, we aren't going to go on the kind of winning run that will secure his job. Get rid now.

We moan about our recruitment , but judged on one game McKenna and Ioannou look useful , as does Freeman. Taylor is an upgrade too. Colback and Arter still need to get into the swing of things, but we know they can play. We are on a terrible run, but I don't see the point in throwing away what we do have. We have some decent individuals but it's clear they look like they haven't played together (which they haven't ). Soh and McKenna both looked useful, Soh and Blackett clearly didn't.

It's stick or twist, but personally I would give him till Christmas to get things right. With the exception of BD (twice) and O'Driscoll , I think he's the only manager who has a positive win/loss ratio.

We moan about our recruitment , but judged on one game McKenna and Ioannou look useful , as does Freeman. Taylor is an upgrade too. Colback and Arter still need to get into the swing of things, but we know they can play. We are on a terrible run, but I don't see the point in throwing away what we do have. We have some decent individuals but it's clear they look like they haven't played together (which they haven't ). Soh and McKenna both looked useful, Soh and Blackett clearly didn't.

It's stick or twist, but personally I would give him till Christmas to get things right. With the exception of BD (twice) and O'Driscoll , I think he's the only manager who has a positive win/loss ratio.
So many fans pick these arbitrary dates.

So, you'll stick to that even if we are 7 points adrift of safety at Christmas will you? Christmas, with its ludicrous run of games, being the ideal time to change manager eh?

It would you maybe be sensible and pull the trigger when it is clear the plot has been lost and before we are screwed?

That said, you are well known for your desire to walk head on into disaster before being willing to take any evasive action

I've been a big Sabri fan, but the key thing for me is that his success with us was built on methods which were ideal for that squad, but aren't for this one.

Defensive success last year - Cash, Dawson, Watson, Ribero, Sow, Worral.

Their replacements are different beasts (e.g. Christie's a good attacking fullback, but lacks Cash's all round game. Colback is a good player, but can't spread the ball like Watson and isn't as good a leader etc)

To me it's a simple case of "is there someone who's more suited to this squad?"

If there is then fine, change. If there isn't, sacking him is a bit pointless.

So many fans pick these arbitrary dates.

So, you'll stick to that even if we are 7 points adrift of safety at Christmas will you? Christmas, with its ludicrous run of games, being the ideal time to change manager eh?

It would you maybe be sensible and pull the trigger when it is clear the plot has been lost and before we are screwed?

That said, you are well known for your desire to walk head on into disaster before being willing to take any evasive action

Why do you always feel it necessary to resort to insults ? I'm optimistic about Forest, as I am about the UK . What happens if we are in the top six by Christmas ? We could probably be anywhere from 6th to 24th, why decide we are going to be 7 points adrift.. We seem to have some decent players, my OPINION is that SL should be given time to get things right. He's proved he could do it before. We actually have a bigger squad now, so more games should actually suit us . Lots of games at Christmas is irrelevant, new manager would still have the January transfer window. Personally I hope we don't need a new manager.

Why do you always feel it necessary to resort to insults ? I'm optimistic about Forest, as I am about the UK . What happens if we are in the top six by Christmas ? We could probably be anywhere from 6th to 24th, why decide we are going to be 7 points adrift.. We seem to have some decent players, my OPINION is that SL should be given time to get things right. He's proved he could do it before. We actually have a bigger squad now, so more games should actually suit us . Lots of games at Christmas is irrelevant, new manager would still have the January transfer window. Personally I hope we don't need a new manager.
To be fair Lienking we look more like being in the relegation places by Christmas than even mid table.
I’m sorry but he seems lost to me. Devoid of any other tactics apart from those that are losing us games.
I like the bloke and. Wish he would enter a crash course on playing attacking tactics or something.

I haven't insulted you, but perhaps, before you hit that report button like the little snitch you are, you could reflect on what it is about yourself that seems to get so many poster's backs up.

I would, however, love to see your justification for "we might be top six by christmas".

Does that happen to many teams who lose their first five competitive games?

I haven't insulted you, but perhaps, before you hit that report button like the little snitch you are, you could reflect on what it is about yourself that seems to get so many poster's backs up.

I would, however, love to see your justification for "we might be top six by christmas".

Does that happen to many teams who lose their first five competitive games?

You are the one who sees disaster round every corner. My OPINION is that with this squad we will be in the top half by Christmas. If that's not the case, we still have the second half of the season to put things right.

I deliberately haven't posted on some of the other threads because it's clear that people aren't capable of discussing things without resorting to insults. It's rather sad that a teacher can't even discuss Forest without doing the same. I would say statistically that we are as likely to be in the top half of the table as we are to be "7 points adrift" by Christmas. We actually seem to have some decent players now, SL needs to turn them into a team.

Last edited:
If the players are still listening , respect and like the bloke i dont think we have a problem, it will be just a matter of time before this brand new team start getting the results. If on the other hand they are not listening and behind his back the conversations are along the lines of " we are going nowhere with this twat in charge"we are in big trouble. We have no way of knowing which is the case unfortunately so any opinions we may have are flawed from the start.

You are the one who sees disaster round every corner. My OPINION is that with this squad we will be in the top half by Christmas. If that's not the case, we still have the second half of the season to put things right.

I deliberately haven't posted on some of the other threads because it's clear that people aren't capable of discussing things without resorting to insults. It's rather sad that a teacher can't even discuss Forest without doing the same. I would say statistically that we are as likely to be in the top half of the table as we are to be "7 points adrift" by Christmas. We actually seem to have some decent players now, SL needs to turn them into a team.
Just because you choose to shut your eyes when something is going on doesn't require the rest of us to.

How many clubs have lost their first 5 competitive games and gone on to reach the top six?

I see you are now claiming we will be in the top half. Well, that is hardly the point is it? That isnt progress for signing 13 players having come within a goal of the top six last season

Just because you choose to shut your eyes when something is going on doesn't require the rest of us to.

How many clubs have lost their first 5 competitive games and gone on to reach the top six?

I see you are now claiming we will be in the top half. Well, that is hardly the point is it? That isnt progress for signing 13 players having come within a goal of the top six last season
Perhaps SL knew the limitations of last years squad all along but by some minor miracle got them to where we finished? I just dont know, but the fact that he has replaced most of them might suggest just that. If that is the case we should at least give him a bit of credit for not just sitting on his hands and doing nothing?

If we sack him we won't find out, but having just let him sign 12 players, we need to see what he can do with them. As for accusations that he is making too many changes in defence, Ioannou has only been here for a week, and presumably McKenna is out injured. I assume Worrall is too. Hopefully we can get a settled back four. Personally I would like to see us try 4 4 2 , but guess that isn't SLs way.
Not sure yet about Christie , but Christie Soh McKenna Ioannou seem a decent back four. Colback and Arter need to get up to speed, probably with Mighten and Freeman . Guess Lolley is out for a bit too, and no idea on Guerrero.

If we sack him we won't find out, but having just let him sign 12 players, we need to see what he can do with them. As for accusations that he is making too many changes in defence, Ioannou has only been here for a week, and presumably McKenna is out injured. I assume Worrall is too. Hopefully we can get a settled back four. Personally I would like to see us try 4 4 2 , but guess that isn't SLs way.
Not sure yet about Christie , but Christie Soh McKenna Ioannou seem a decent back four. Colback and Arter need to get up to speed, probably with Mighten and Freeman . Guess Lolley is out for a bit too, and no idea on Guerrero.
I don't want to find out. Three years in league one is enough for one lifetime.

We haven't let him sign 13 players either. Our recruitment structure isn't like that

I don't want to find out. Three years in league one is enough for one lifetime.

We haven't let him sign 13 players either. Our recruitment structure isn't like that

You really are a super-pessimist. We are 42 games away from being anywhere near League one.

Did you mean Blackett?