Should sabz stay | Page 13 | Vital Football

Should sabz stay

Should sabz stay

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would not be adverse to see someone like Mark Robins or Neil ,the Preston chap.Even Bert from the allotment would be an upgrade at the moment.

Let's talk fantasy now. Who would you rather have, Eddie Howe, Arsene Wenger or Ernesto Valverde?

Even after sleeping on it, I think Lamouchi has to go. We seem to be able, no matter our team nor the quality of the opposition, to perform to a similar low standard each week.

My biggest concern isn’t the results, nor our complete inability to threaten the opposition’s goal. My major concern is that Lamouchi has come away from last season believing that it was not the method that failed - that it was not his failure - but a shortcoming in the players. The resulting recruitment drive was with the intention of implementing the same method, but better.

I am convinced that the method itself was found out, that teams learned to cede possession to us, and to press high up, knowing that our (very) low block posed a greater threat to our own goal than to theirs. Our response should have been to push more players forward and move the ball quicker, but that is not in Lamouchi’s DNA.

I don’t think he has done a bad job, and I genuinely like Sabri and want him to do well. Should he be sacked, I’d be disappointed and sad to see him go. I want to be wrong, I want him to turn it around. But all of our momentum is downward, and as a Forest fan who has suffered a lot of trauma, this feels ominous. It feels like we could be in a relegation battle if we don’t arrest this decline very quickly.

Paul Cook would be the obvious candidate to replace Lamouchi for me - the way he galvanised Wigan from a hopeless position last season was a standout, even forgetting about his title wins at Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan. For a guy who has his teams playing good football, and who embraces Academy players, that’s a hell of a CV.

Unfortunately, we’ll end up with some randomer from abroad, who doesn’t know many of our players, and doesn’t want half of them.

I do think that we need a motivator, is SL a motivator? He pretty much binned a whole team last night and played a new one and in doing so probably created massive unrest in the dressing room. If the players that he has assembled are good enough is he the man to get them playing?

I do think that we need a motivator, is SL a motivator? He pretty much binned a whole team last night and played a new one and in doing so probably created massive unrest in the dressing room. If the players that he has assembled are good enough is he the man to get them playing?
Agreed it seems to me looking on that there is a clear lack of motivation, passion call it what you like but you're right it needs someone to either motivate them or give them a kick up the backside whichever is deemed appropriate. SL does not give the impression of being someone able to provide these & send the team out raring to go in an up & at em sort of way. Instead we have this softly softly hand the others the initiative approach

I still don't see the need for two predominantly defensive minded midfielders in the starting line up to babysit the back four.
4 4 2 for me any day of the week.
One centre mid sits if the other bombs on.
Not rocket science.
Over complicating a simple game.
You only need 2 defensive midfielders if your full backs are both going to bomb on. Even then you want one of them to be able to either go forwards or pick a pass.

As much as I’m an advocate for stability, when you’ve got the amount of new players we have and the result is still the same insipid performances the blame lays squarely at the feet of one person. Personally, I think he’s lost the dressing room and the players have stopped performing for him and we all know how that works out every time...

If Takis Lemonis comes in then this season and these owners can have a big fat fuck off from me. What's the point making all these signings. Assembling a decent squad only to appoint someone like him.

Most of us agree that we can't keep sacking managers, but I don't think that Sabri can come back from this awful start to the season. Even if we start to pick up a few wins, which is by no means a given, I don't think we can change from being as awful as we are now into what the likes of WBA, Leeds and Fulham were last season.
What we must do, if we do sack Sabri, is to make sure that the next appointment is a good one. Personally, I would like either Nigel or Paul Cook, but suspect we'll end up with another foreigner with limited English language ability. On a brighter note, Just watched Derby go 2 down in as many minutes v Blackburn.