Preferred Bidder can be named today | Page 17 | Vital Football

Preferred Bidder can be named today

Me to i think koukash would be good for us he always seemed very passionate when he was in charge of salford i would welcome him with open arms in our present predicament

Wonder how all the latics fans who attended Tommy Robinsons rally in Norley Hall when he dedicated much of his bile attacking Muslim immigrants will feel having a Palestinian refugee as their new owner.

Wonder how all the latics fans who attended Tommy Robinsons rally in Norley Hall when he dedicated much of his bile attacking Muslim immigrants will feel a Palestinian refugee as their new owner.
Well I think they are a very small majority of our fans mate just like some other fans who may be anti semetic labour supporters.
Bloody hell, would anyone actually be arsed as long as our clubs future was looking ok.

Wonder how all the latics fans who attended Tommy Robinsons rally in Norley Hall when he dedicated much of his bile attacking Muslim immigrants will feel having a Palestinian refugee as their new owner.

Don't presume all Palestinians are muslims a close friend of mine is married to a Palestinian Christian

Probably the same way thousands of lifelong Labour voting Wiganers felt having a dyed-in-the-wool Maggie Thatcher worshipping Tory as their owner. Totally indifferent.

When it comes to football, politics and beliefs are rightly put to one side.

Not sure why Koukash's background was even brought up to be honest, I've never heard anyone mention it as an issue until now and couldn't see why it would be.

I dont think Koukash is a practicing Muslim, but if he is and he ended up buying us he'll join the likes of Morsy, Balogun and Kipre from current times and players like Zaki, Camara and Ellington from years gone by and it certainly didn't stop the fans from loving any them.

Complete non issue.

He has passion and is a character. It wouldn’t be boring with Koukash in charge. I would welcome someone who will tell us like it is again. If he wants to join us on our amazing journey that is brilliant.

I don’t see a person’s religion or skin colour as an issue, so let’s not create arguments for the sake of it

It's a conundrum isn't it. We need somebody to come along while desperately trying to avoid a shitehawk like the last mon. Tricky.

Makes you wonder who the preferred lot are if Koukash is not the first or second, they must have offered more money ofcourse, but someone who has already owned a sport club and did a good job and has a modest amount of money would fill the criteria of being more than suitable. And he would definitely not be an invisible Man. And Koukash could also use his rugby links to bring warriors and athletic together with Lenegan.

Maybe some one who was involved in a previous club. Mike Ashley trying to get deal with arabs done this week could it be him or what about a consortium like sir alex set up in the racing world and include david gill ex man utd chief exec.

on duty at Windsor Races tonight and had a chat with Marwan Koukash's Racing manager and he says he made an offer for us and as far as he knows he's still interested but was not 1st or 2nd preferred bidder,he hinted though that he is still in with a shout
If Koukash is buying us, will he face a 'Stewards Enquiry' by the EFL?

If it's him then it's him but I don't get why anyone is keen for it to be Koukash other than he's rich
He went in to Salford & constantly rutted heads with the authorities, criticised the crowds, criticised the people of the town, clashed with other clubs & within 4 years had got bored and walked away albeit setting it up as a community trust. However his offer to write off the debts is allegedly on the proviso that the team becomes self financing within a set period of time

He's since come up with plans to start a RL team up from scratch in Liverpool (if Liverpool was interested in the game it'd have a team by now) as well as putting a British team in the NRL both of which have come to nowt.

Whereas we had Whelan on occasions threaten to walk away if we didn't back him on certain issues this guy will actually do it as he's proven

I know beggars can't be choosers and all that but I personally wouldn't want him anywhere near us

Beggars can’t be choosers as the expression goes. That said I don’t see what the issue is and I’d be quite happy if he took us over. Tiny fish in a tiny pond as Salford owner in the egg chasing world. The football world however is a whole new level and whilst he’d be a tiny fish in that as well the opportunity to grow in that would be huge. Just needs to understand the club and it’s fans and not get too upset if we don’t get the support we deserve. Given the exposure and networking in he footballing world it may just suit his ego. Plus he’s someone we ‘know’ and not some faceless ****. Would get all our gratitude for saving us and as I said I’d be happy if he was to take over.

Considering Koukash isn't even one of the 2 people currently intersted it is just speculation at the moment.

But if he does end up putting a bid in and gets us then his self confirmed 50m fortune means he wont be able to afford to have the same impact in football as he did in rugby as the money simply wont stretch as far. He spent about 6m i believe on Salfrod over his years there which is a considerably amount by any standard - but in football you could easily eat through that in a season no problem just on a wage bill if you aren't careful. If i recall correctly Whelan had triple Koukash's wealth and he didn't feel he could afford to keep up with his ambition so we are going to be looking at things very differently moving forwards in terms of budget and ambition unless a crazy Wigan supporting oil barron pops up from nowhere.

Koukash himself said winning is everything and second is 'just the first to lose' so his ambition is clearly there to see. I like the ambition but realistically unless the new owner is happy to burn money in the short term they are going to have to be a lot more pragmatic, careful and patient as we rebuild the club - and i don't think that is Koukash's style. If he does fancy it in the end then fair play - but i look at it and don't think our realistic prospects are something that would really fit his vision.

I understand your caution there KDZ, but given his "winning is everything" approach, then surely, if he really doesn't have the vast riches himself to take us where he wants, then one of his future tasks must be to go and find a partner/investor who can support (and help finance) his vision.

I've no idea
- if he was a bidder
- if he's still interested
- if he's bothered which league we're in
- how rich he is, or
- what his ambitions for us might be

All I know is that if he ticks the first 3, then we really can't afford to turn our face away.

I know you've quoted him before about his wealth King but others think he is far richer than that so I think it's all conjecture and something that may never be known. In the words of Bobby Ball " He'll do for me Tommy "