Preferred Bidder can be named today | Vital Football

Preferred Bidder can be named today

FrancosLoveChild

Vital Football Hero
Today is the day where the admin can name the preferred Bidder, let's hope it's someone who HAS the cash and HAS the knowledge of knowing how important a family club is to the community.

Is that CAN be named or WILL be named?

I'm not Psychic but the admin will officially know who the preferred Bidder is today, upto them or the owner to come out, I assume based on the admin record if being very open to the fans, that it's likely to know tonight. But I'm not one of them. But they CAN be named later today.

Hope it's a wiganer...would like Koukash but is his just another business venture. Therefore hope it's Lenaghan as he will get US.

If it is Lenaghan then he would of found strong investors. Hopefully these investors are willing because the original lot won't be able to sustain.

Going public would be a good sign because it would mean that are committed to buying the club, even with probable relegation tomorrow. For that reason I don’t expect them to go public. Not going public gives them an easy out should they get cold feet.

Maybe a good sign if someone is prepared to buy us regardless of where we are after tomorrow and start again with a sustainable business plan. One that doesn't rely on massive hand outs from the owners.
Make more use of the stadium in Summer for gigs, up the tenants rent, smaller squad size etc.

The bidder may not be publicly named - we may not get a name even until after due diligence.

There were 3 bids on Friday according to admin with more expected. So we are very possibly going to have someone we've never heard of linked before. I just hope it's not another Choi looking to buy us only to transfer in the cost of buying us and immediately put us into debt.

For me I think the new potential owner going public is probably a much better sign than if they want to keep it secret as after all the cloak and dagger of IEC and NLF it would be encouraging to see some transparency and an owner who wants to integrate themselves.

I know I'm dreaming here but wouldn't it be good if we had a bidding war after said bidders have seen the fight the players, backroom staff, coaches, staff & fans have put up since & think its a great club to invest in....you never know could be like the scene in Only Fools and Horse where Del & Rodney faint during the auction of the stopwatch which sells for £6m........
Perhaps Moonay (delboy) & MiW ( Rodney) faint when 2 preferred bidders top the £1billion mark.....

I know I'm dreaming here but wouldn't it be good if we had a bidding war after said bidders have seen the fight the players, backroom staff, coaches, staff & fans have put up since & think its a great club to invest in....you never know could be like the scene in Only Fools and Horse where Del & Rodney faint during the auction of the stopwatch which sells for £6m........
Perhaps Moonay (delboy) & MiW ( Rodney) faint when 2 preferred bidders top the £1billion mark.....

wouldn't all that money just go to next Leader Fund Jock ?

I don't think there will be an announcement until after the game tomorrow. I would think that the bids will be based on which division we are in and that becomes clearer ( :arrghh: ) after the Fulham game.

Personally, I think that the higher bids will apply if we stay in the Championship and that would put the likes of Lenagan's bid at a disadvantage, however if we are to be relegated then I think some of the higher bidders may either reduce their offers or pull out. In which case a local option may be able to compete.

No doubt we will find out in due course.