Preferred Bidder can be named today | Page 19 | Vital Football

Preferred Bidder can be named today

Didn't the person working for Koukash say he hadnt put a bid in though? So it's not conflicting stories.
Shudda gone to Specsavers .!...............Exiled said:

on duty at Windsor Races tonight and had a chat with Marwan Koukash's Racing manager and he says he made an offer for us and as far as he knows he's still interested but was not 1st or 2nd preferred bidder,he hinted though that he is still in with a shout

Shudda gone to Specsavers .!...............Exiled said:

on duty at Windsor Races tonight and had a chat with Marwan Koukash's Racing manager and he says he made an offer for us and as far as he knows he's still interested but was not 1st or 2nd preferred bidder,he hinted though that he is still in with a shout

Fair enough i obviously didn't read it properly.

If he was one of the 5 original bidders, but not the original preffered bidder or the 2 currently still in contention - he must've been one of the 2 who's bid was Championship dependent. The still in with a chance part being in connection to if we win the appeal.

At least we seem like we have interest. Poor Bury were struggling to find anyone.

Another option I've not heard discussed is if we can't get anyone to pay 25p in the pound while it would see us gets a points penalty next season I assume we'd be able to sell the club significantly cheaper which may attract more bidders. Not ideal obviously and something to be avoided if possible but it may be something that yet becomes part of the discussion.

The article gives quite a lot of detail about his background but doesn't actually explain how he's ended up a (potential) billionaire

Successful business in Dubai. Major hotel in Liverpool leased to Hilton Doubletree chain. Stables and racehorse breeder with multiple winners, over £1 million in winnings in one season.

The guy is an entrepreneur who likes to buck the trend.

Fair enough i obviously didn't read it properly.

If he was one of the 5 original bidders, but not the original preffered bidder or the 2 currently still in contention - he must've been one of the 2 who's bid was Championship dependent. The still in with a chance part being in connection to if we win the appeal.

At least we seem like we have interest. Poor Bury were struggling to find anyone.

Another option I've not heard discussed is if we can't get anyone to pay 25p in the pound while it would see us gets a points penalty next season I assume we'd be able to sell the club significantly cheaper which may attract more bidders. Not ideal obviously and something to be avoided if possible but it may be something that yet becomes part of the discussion.

Apparently all the bids received would pay the 25p in the pound necessary to avoid the 15 point deduction.

All the bidders are still in the race its just that none of them are prepared to lodge the £100k non refundable deposit to secure exclusivity status.

The outcome of the appeal seems to be the reason they are holding back, and who can blame them, I certainly wouldn't want to be committing that much cash before I knew what I was buying.

I think we will know more next week and there may then be a bidding war as the five of them fight for exclusive status.

Apparently all the bids received would pay the 25p in the pound necessary to avoid the 15 point deduction.

All the bidders are still in the race its just that none of them are prepared to lodge the £100k non refundable deposit to secure exclusivity status.

The outcome of the appeal seems to be the reason they are holding back, and who can blame them, I certainly wouldn't want to be committing that much cash before I knew what I was buying.

I think we will know more next week and there may then be a bidding war as the five of them fight for exclusive status.

I’m not as optimistic as yourself TB in regards a bidding war between 5 would be purchasers. I think undoubtedly as you say though there is no one willing to lay down that amount of cash without knowing which league we’ll be in - the revenue for tv, solidarity payments, crowds, player release clauses is just too large.

I understand the administrators have been on talk sport again today. I haven’t heard it but I suspect it was another sales pitch given they stated Monday evening there would be no further update until Saturday. I’ll be honest that worries me.

Successful business in Dubai. Major hotel in Liverpool leased to Hilton Doubletree chain. Stables and racehorse breeder with multiple winners, over £1 million in winnings in one season.

The guy is an entrepreneur who likes to buck the trend.

Koukash is reported to be the biggest race horse owner in the UK with up to 200 horses in training, the cost for one horse with a good trainer costs in the region of 15 to 20k per year, that alone means he could be spending up to £4 million per year on training alone, that does not included vets bills, entry fees to races and the original purchase cost, some cost the same as a medium priced premier league player.

I’m not as optimistic as yourself TB in regards a bidding war between 5 would be purchasers. I think undoubtedly as you say though there is no one willing to lay down that amount of cash without knowing which league we’ll be in - the revenue for tv, solidarity payments, crowds, player release clauses is just too large.

I understand the administrators have been on talk sport again today. I haven’t heard it but I suspect it was another sales pitch given they stated Monday evening there would be no further update until Saturday. I’ll be honest that worries me.

I think the "bidding war" scenario will only happen should we win the appeal. I fully expect two or three of the bidders to pull out if we lose. The other two would no doubt be reassessing their offers based on the lower income streams in league one. If we win the appeal I would not be surprised if the original preferred bidder came to the fore, I think the uncertainty of the appeal is the reason they would not commit to exclusivity.

According to administrator earlier on Talk Sport a few are talking but waiting for the appeal so no preferred bidder at the minute. I thought they had spoken over the weekend to a bidder and things were moving along. Their 100 grand bond could put a lot off unless someone is really seriously interested.

According to administrator earlier on Talk Sport a few are talking but waiting for the appeal so no preferred bidder at the minute. I thought they had spoken over the weekend to a bidder and things were moving along. Their 100 grand bond could put a lot off unless someone is really seriously interested.

Or seriously minted anybody very rich wouldn't be put off by a hundred grand if they really wanted us

Or seriously minted anybody very rich wouldn't be put off by a hundred grand if they really wanted us

Think it's more putting in non refundable money into something you are not sure what exactly you are buying, it's completely understandable, knowing the league we are playing in for certain among other aspects makes sense before committing. But if the admin knew this and went with the appeal anyway then it must be optimistic.

I can understand the reluctance. If you pay that 100k you are basically committing to buying the club no matter what division we’re in or what state we’ll be in by the time you take over. You can’t back out at the last minute should the appeal fail or you lose the 100k. So any businessman rich or poor that are worth their salt would wait to find out for certain what league we’re in before deciding whether to commit the 100k and buy the club.

I’ve got a horrible feeling we’re going to be waiting well into August for a decision on the appeal and no one will pay the 100k until then. Which means we won’t see someone takeover the club until probably the end of September when you take into account due diligence and the FPP test, so we’d be starting the season with no manager and a skeleton side. Basically Bolton from last year all over again. Or worse, we lose the appeal, no one wants us as a struggling L1 club, and we fold once the assets run out god forbid.

I can understand the reluctance. If you pay that 100k you are basically committing to buying the club no matter what division we’re in or what state we’ll be in by the time you take over. You can’t back out at the last minute should the appeal fail or you lose the 100k. So any businessman rich or poor that are worth their salt would wait to find out for certain what league we’re in before deciding whether to commit the 100k and buy the club.

I’ve got a horrible feeling we’re going to be waiting well into August for a decision on the appeal and no one will pay the 100k until then. Which means we won’t see someone takeover the club until probably the end of September when you take into account due diligence and the FPP test, so we’d be starting the season with no manager and a skeleton side. Basically Bolton from last year all over again. Or worse, we lose the appeal, no one wants us as a struggling L1 club, and we fold once the assets run out god forbid.

So in essence your saying no one wants us as a Div One club then. Otherwise anyone who really wants to buy us would do so now irrespective of the appeal

So in essence your saying no one wants us as a Div One club then. Otherwise anyone who really wants to buy us would do so now irrespective of the appeal
Not necessarily although I’m sure that’s the case for a number of the interested parties. I’m saying that no one wants us without knowing for sure what division we’re in. How can you make a business plan for the future without knowing how much money will be coming in? No one buying us will be super rich either, we don’t have a queue of billionaires with Gerald Krasner on speed dial, so 100k would be a massive commitment for any interested party as whoever pays that will almost certainly become our new owner.

I think it's part of it, but they are also asking whoever to apparently pay the wages too before the deal can be 100% ratified which i dont think many people would be willing to do.

I get a feeling they are confident about the appeal and just awaiting some reassurances. As I’ve said all along administrators don’t spend half a million on the ‘off chance’ they’d only spend that with a high probability of success. Financial suicide otherwise. They aren’t fans, there is no emotion involved in this for them. They aim reduce costs to aid saleability not increase them.

Looking at this from a business point of view the administrators are trying to do the best they can for the creditors (and as a result the club).

They'll be in a position to get a better deal for the club if its championship vs league one.

On the flip side for people buying us its going to be massively different depending on the outcome of the appeal.

If the admins havent got things sown up no matter what the outcome they arent doing their job properly.

Anyone got any updates on bidders? Hopefully things are more cleared up now, but myself among others are going to feel more and more worried that all will pull out, hopefully Koukash or someone who can bring good times back for the best of the club will really push on.