Preferred Bidder can be named today | Page 18 | Vital Football

Preferred Bidder can be named today

I understand your caution there KDZ, but given his "winning is everything" approach, then surely, if he really doesn't have the vast riches himself to take us where he wants, then one of his future tasks must be to go and find a partner/investor who can support (and help finance) his vision.

I've no idea
- if he was a bidder
- if he's still interested
- if he's bothered which league we're in
- how rich he is, or
- what his ambitions for us might be

All I know is that if he ticks the first 3, then we really can't afford to turn our face away.

It's not a critasism of him at all. It's just realistically at least in the short term we are looking at most likely stipping back costs, low risk, limited ambition and becoming more like a Rotherham style side probably yo-yoing between L1 and Championship as we gradually build over the long term incrementally. That doesn't seem to be his way on the face of it - but if he's happy with that and puts the cash down then happy to have him. But i can't see it personally being something that would appeal to him based on the type of things he says in interviews.

It's not a critasism of him at all..

I get that ....... and I didn't suggest it was.

I was just trying to find a bridge between his interest ........ his wealth (or rather, possibly a lack of it) ........ and his stated ambition.

Any road, he may not get a chance if all goes well with the current preferred party, depending on friday's outcome obviously.

I wasn’t a big fan of Koukash when he was at Salford. Seemed like he wanted to be the coach, owner and a fan all at once. He also broke the cap I believe.

Having said that he brought some brilliant players in... also bought some overpriced duds (Kevin Locke, Jones-Bishop, Vatuvei and McCarthy)

He did see to genuinely care about the fans. If he wants to take us over I’m not going to write him off.

But he definitely made Salford a target for other teams with his talking in the media. Beggars can’t be choosers though. He’s obviously minted so a good shout.

I still haven’t seen any evidence he is the buyer though... except that he had a tour of the DW stadium or Euxton whilst he was still in the Middle East🙄

Could all just be rumours. Exciting nonetheless.

I wasn’t a big fan of Koukash when he was at Salford. Seemed like he wanted to be the coach, owner and a fan all at once. He also broke the cap I believe.

Having said that he brought some brilliant players in... also bought some overpriced duds (Kevin Locke, Jones-Bishop, Vatuvei and McCarthy)

Have you read Exiled Tics post ?

He was on tv in 2018 and he said he was worth 50m himself, so while his fortune might have gone up a bit over the last 2 years i think it's very unlikely it will have gone up by 850m+.

Totally understand what you are saying KDZ, just posted the article as I found it an interesting insight into the guy himself.

He seems to be a larger than life character, full of self belief and not afraid to speak his mind, reminds me a bit of one of our previous owners.

Certainly a good businessman, built the hotel in Liverpool from scratch against all the Architects advice, successful training business in Dubai and a stable full of top race horses.

To be honest he does sound just up our street, the kind of owner that would shake the tree and rattle the establishment. Could be just the type to give the EFL a good run for their money.

However, would he pass the fit and proper directors test. The EFL would probably hope not.

Totally understand what you are saying KDZ, just posted the article as I found it an interesting insight into the guy himself.

He seems to be a larger than life character, full of self belief and not afraid to speak his mind, reminds me a bit of one of our previous owners.

Certainly a good businessman, built the hotel in Liverpool from scratch against all the Architects advice, successful training business in Dubai and a stable full of top race horses.

To be honest he does sound just up our street, the kind of owner that would shake the tree and rattle the establishment. Could be just the type to give the EFL a good run for their money.

However, would he pass the fit and proper directors test. The EFL would probably hope not.

If the EFL can pass someone who probably doesn't even exist who borrowed money from the existing owner and is rumoured to be involved in a huge betting scandal get us into this mess - it wouldn't shock me if they over compensate for their original incompetence and lack of any care .

If we find a suitable buyer and the EFL will probably to town deep diving into their history and find some small irrelevent technical issue from 10 years ago as grounds to desqualify them.

It wouldn't be the EFL to be consistent or helpful and i think they are punative and will try and punish us for daring to challenge their authority.

Our very favourite Nixon says there are new bidders trying to become preferred bidders as exclusivity is not yet arranged. Exiled comment about Koukash should be more fruitful now.