Remaining fxtures | Page 11 | Vital Football

Remaining fxtures

We need to catch both Luton and Charlton and I can see Blackburn rolling over against Luton, given the whole rivalry and Dack thing.

edited, sorry, talking bollocks, just need to catch one of them.

Said it in another post but we just have to win... and hope the stars align. Can point fingers at stuff later when we conduct the post mortum, but just FUCKING WIN ON WEDNESDAY.

I just want to still have this club to support in a years time.

UP. THE. TICS.

All the rumours were Sheff Wed will be docked 12 points 'tomorrow' about 2 weeks ago - and just like then this latest rumour won't be true.

It's a fudge EFL won't give them a punishment that actually impacts anything. That is saved for us little clubs who they don't care about not the big names.

Hope the QC is good as the EFL will do all they can to save face at our expense.

Well it's not looking so good now... Fulham still in with a shot at automatic promotion, and we have to win. Nothing we can do but keep the faith in our lads doing the business when the chips are down... Something they've done before and we know they have the potential to do again.

Bring on Wednesday... We go again.

Surely the appeal decision needs to be made before Wednesday?? We aren’t the only team involved - Charlton and Luton need to know what they are playing for
All common sense says you're spot on... Which is precisely why the EFL won't do it 😂

Rumours, rumours, rumours.

Sadly the efl are a fucking joke, a shambolic organisation. Inquires galore yet fuck all transparency about them. No one knows what’s going on, there’s not even a timetable for even a semblance of maintaining sporting integrity. There’s none as they are controlling the narrative and course of events. In Wednesdays case this been ongoing for best part of 9 months and still no verdict.

Like us they will appeal it and so they should. Regardless of the rights and wrongs they’ll have the same defence as us in that any penalty can’t be imposed this season. If anything I hope these legal appeals creates chaos and brings down this shitshow of a governing body. Season ends in 4 days and no one knows the state of play or who is getting relegated. An utter farce and sadly this uncertainty will impede our sale as it’s unknown whether we are a L1 or Championship club.

Fulham are 50-1 to go up in top two. If West Brom or Brentford score early would make no sense to leave players playing at weekend on. Definitely a winnable game.

Looking at the goals across the championship there are some shit goalies knocking about...Walton at fault for 2 and several others letting goals in going across their bodies.

Thought Marshall was at fault for their 1st. but he has been playing well so maybe harsh.

Looking at the goals across the championship there are some shit goalies knocking about...Walton at fault for 2 and several others letting goals in going across their bodies.

Thought Marshall was at fault for their 1st. but he has been playing well so maybe harsh.

Maybe harsh Hindley? He has made some fantastic saves over the last 6 or 7 games incluing on 1 on 1 today.

Its the Sheffield united game all over again when we had to win to stay in the prem. Jewel said the decision was easy for me, I had to go for a win anything other than that and we were down. Heskey was a colossus that day only hope we have a colossus on Wednesday.

In a game as crucial as the Fulham game Cookie doesn't even have to tell the lads what is required they know what must be done and dont be surprised if they pull it off but it will still hang on other results. Either way we are still the best club to be involved with. We do everything the Wigan Athletic way.and I wouldn't change a thing .COYL

The whole thing isn’t fair on any of the teams involved, especially us! Some teams might think they’re safe and not be if we win the appeal. We could relax if that happened before the last game and the players wouldn’t be under such pressure. Then there’s Sheff Wed, been going on for ages and it’s obvious the EFL will just deduct whatever amount by is just needed to keep them up. The whole thing is an absolute joke.

Those shit awful performances against Luton may well have cost us dearly now along with many more pre late January performances but who would have foreseen admin and a twelve point penalty.

Ifs, buts, maybes. It's massively frustrating when you pick out individual games, such as the jamie Jones WBA shambles and Luton etc. But over the course of the season we'll have taken points where we probably didn't deserve to as well. We won't get relegated due to performances on the pitch. Our lads are smack bang mid table with a positive goal difference and should be on the proverbial beach next week.

But there is no asterisk next to our name in that table just yet. The players have done everything that was asked of them and more; now it's time for our legal team to go into bat. The wicket might be deteriorating but we're still in this. It's just going to take a couple of sixes in the last over.

I may be wrong but I dont think our appeal has actually been heard yet so there will be no desison yet in fact Admin said yesterday that there would be a meeting with Cook and Johnathon Jackson after Wed night if we didn't get the required points to decide whether to continue with the appeal.