Remaining fxtures | Page 15 | Vital Football

Remaining fxtures

Absolutely no chance, his stock level is now at least Championship level.
I'm guessing someone like Bristol City, Middleboro possibly Derby if they are looking for someone , and he would turn down Birmingham.
Expect us to appoint a very low key Manager, possibly Graeme Jones.

From the gossip Bristol will go forn Gerrard, Boro will keep Warnock, Derby aren't in for a new manager after giving Coco a new deal, Huddersfield after Hughton - I can see all of those realistically happening. Birmingham is the one who may move for Cook but I think they will try for Bowyer as first choice as he is a former popular player. So Cook may not get an offer to leave.

If Cook did get an offer i dont know if id want Graham Jones - there is an obvious connection but the Luton fans really didn't rate him. Id love Ryan Lowe from Plymouth or Wellens from Swindon but if we werent able to afford or attract them and we wanted managers out of work I'd look at Gary Bowyer - worked wonders at Blackburn and Blackpool despite loads of off the field issues before the off field problems at Bradford were a bridge too far. Adkins and Lee Johnson also would be realistic and decent options with L1 promotion experience. But there could be some really good foreign managers available or L2 one's I'm not as well up on.

Last edited:
Reactions: GSM
From the gossip Bristol will go forn Gerrard, Boro will keep Warnock, Derby aren't in for a new manager after giving Coco a new deal, Huddersfield after Hughton - I can see all of those realistically happening. Birmingham is the one who may move for Cook but I think they will try for Bowyer as first choice as he is a former popular player. So Cook may not get an offer to leave.

If Cook did get an offer i dont know if id want Graham Jones - there is an obvious connection but the Luton fans really didn't rate him. Id love Ryan Lowe from Plymouth or Wellens from Swindon but if we werent able to afford or attract them and we wanted managers out of work I'd look at Gary Bowyer - worked wonders at Blackburn and Blackpool despite loads of off the field issues before the off field problems at Bradford were a bridge too far. Adkins and Lee Johnson also would be realistic and decent options with L1 promotion experience. But there could be some really good foreign managers available or L2 one's I'm not as well up on.

Don't think Jones did a terrible job a Luton, not great but for his first position in management with a team just promoted is quite difficult and he did get the team going into form before Jones came back in. Realistically, Jones would be the ideal manager in league one if that's to even happen, he knows the club, plays the football and might be the starting point to a successful model of football.

Reactions: GSM
Don't think Jones did a terrible job a Luton, not great but for his first position in management with a team just promoted is quite difficult and he did get the team going into form before Jones came back in. Realistically, Jones would be the ideal manager in league one if that's to even happen, he knows the club, plays the football and might be the starting point to a successful model of football.

Luton fans really thought he was poor which is what puts me off.

I always take what this mon says with a (very large) pinch of salt ................. but as this is a prediction, rather than "insider knowledge", I really, really hope he's right.

I think Blackburn really are the fly in the ointment on Wednesday. Everyone expects Luton to be good favourites for a win, but Blackburn can just as easy turn it on and hit them for two or three.

I know it's market forces etc but no player in the country at any level should be on 12.5 grand a week.
That's the root of all football's problems.

Jeff, the general principle I understand but Premiership players not earning that kind of money when their league‘s income runs into tens of billions isn’t realistic.
That players are overpaid generally speaking is what most of us working folk agree with, but the players represent a very tiny percentage of the population able to play the sport to the extent that people will pay to watch them.

”Twenty grand a week for kicking a bag of wind about” is the type of inane shyte that really irritates me ....I can kick a bag of wind about (or I could at one time 🥵) but no one absolutely no one was ever interested in watching me do so or would pay to watch me.

Now I think Lewis Hamilton getting £2m a race (is it?) ...for driving a bloody car round in a circle is pretty obscene .....or top golfers being multi millionaires (many of them without necessarily winning anything of note) while they “twat a little ball round a park with a stick”

Is Tom Cruise or Hanks getting £10/15m for “playing pretends“ in a film right ?

You can reduce anything in sport or the arts to that kind of language.

Jeff states that wages are the fundamental fault in the whole economic model in professional football...and I’m sure he is right ....I agree, it’s just that it’s always footballers who seem to be cited as the overpaid ‘greedy’ pariahs of society.

(oh and that Dan Brown is a multi millionaire on the back of his ‘novels’ but I wouldn’t let him write a note to my milkman ....mind you I’d happily read a cheque if the bugger made one out to WASC‘s Crowdfunder 😎)

I know it's market forces etc but no player in the country at any level should be on 12.5 grand a week.
That's the root of all football's problems.

👏👏👏👏👏👏....nail on the head there Jeff, till superstar wages are looked at seriously with a view to salary capping then more clubs will go to the wall imo.

I always take what this mon says with a (very large) pinch of salt ................. but as this is a prediction, rather than "insider knowledge", I really, really hope he's right.

I can't see Luton not beating Blackburn, i think Blackburn may even play a pile of kids to give them a game. What are the odds if it's 0-0 late in the game of McMannaman coming off the bench to score the goal to relegate us?

I think Charlton will get something at Leeds for certain, but i am hoping that Leeds will prove me wrong.

I hope West Brom and Brentford score immedietely and news travels and Fulham heads drop giving us the best chance as a motivated Fulham will be so tough.

It's the final day so anything can happen, let's hope after all the terrible things we've been through this last month that lady luck feels we deserve a break.

I can see blackburn rolling over against luton just to piss us off
Dack crying to his team mates to let luton win

I can see blackburn rolling over against luton just to piss us off
Dack crying to his team mates to let luton win

I see the opposite Bicky.

We are a local team to them and as such a decent earner in terms of derby games. Their chairman will probably be telling the players that it is vital to keep us in the division if they want a pay rise any time soon as the cheque from the Venky's hasn't arrived this month.

Well we can all hope can't we. (y)

There’s no conspiracy or otherwise at any other club, it’ll be 23 other teams going out on Wednesday night trying to win