Forest H
Brentford A

Luton
Barnsley H
Huddersfield A
QPR H
Hull A
Blackburn H

From those i'd say realistically 4th bottom get's at least 50 points, so i'm thinking 62 to survive is the minimum if we are getting docked points but it wouldn't shock me if 4th bottom got over 50 and we needed more. So at least 4 wins minimum, with us needing to beat Barnsley, Charlton and Hull to keep their points totals down. Hope i'm wrong and bottom 3 all fail to win another game all season and get cut well adrift but i think we are looking at maximum points to be certain - huge ask.

Could you imagine if this had happened but fans were allowed in the stadiums? What an atmosphere there would be amongst Latics fans home and away.

Come on Latics lets do this and give the EFL the :finger:

Would of took a big number to Brentford too and it may of helped the players out more. Brentford are too good though.

We could wrap this up with three wins from our five remaining games. Boro can mathematically only reach 59 points, we already have 50 and a superior goal difference.

The Hull game also becomes a true 6 pointer as it could effectively mean that they could only reach 57 points and if we win it would mean we only need a further four points as once again we have a superior goal difference, so 1 win and a draw could see us safe if we defeat them.

I think we need to target the three home games for wins and hope to get at the worst a draw from the aways.

Edit: Boro also have three tough away games to play, starting with Millwall, then Reading, and on the final day Sheffield. ( who will hopefully be back in the mix after their misdemeanour is punished).

We could wrap this up with three wins from our five remaining games. Boro can mathematically only reach 59 points, we already have 50 and a superior goal difference.

The Hull game also becomes a true 6 pointer as it could effectively mean that they could only reach 57 points and if we win it would mean we only need a further four points as once again we have a superior goal difference, so 1 win and a draw could see us safe if we defeat them.

I think we need to target the three home games for wins and hope to get at the worst a draw from the aways.

Edit: Boro also have three tough away games to play, starting with Millwall, then Reading, and on the final day Sheffield. ( who will hopefully be back in the mix after their misdemeanour is punished).

Reading and Sheffield aren't playing for anything though and Millwall while still are in the play off picture don't seem to be firing on all cylinders. I don't think I'd go as far as saying they are all on the beach but I think those 3 are probably easier than our 2 away games with Barnsley and Charlton fighting for their lives at this stage of the season. I know it's not worked yet but with the squad Boro have and Warnock I think they've got results in them. Hope I'm wrong and they lose every game but I could see Boro getting about 9 points yet which would take them to 53 meaning we'd need max points.

I think Hulls fixtures are decent too, even if we beat them I think they could get 7 or so which would mean we'd need max points again.

This time of season the relegation teams always pick up more results as they are fighting for survival against teams treading water.

It really is difficult to predict anything. The lockdown certainly hasn't helped because the form tables mean nothing now. I don't know if my post is being overly optimistic and just me clinging to hope or a realistic evaluation of the remaining fixtures. I suppose only time will tell.

But I will continue to hope. Up the Tics.

It really is difficult to predict anything. The lockdown certainly hasn't helped because the form tables mean nothing now. I don't know if my post is being overly optimistic and just me clinging to hope or a realistic evaluation of the remaining fixtures. I suppose only time will tell.

But I will continue to hope. Up the Tics.

Not sure of your interpretation of "We can wrap this up" - the only way we can guarantee safety is to finish 12 points in front of 3rd from bottom team and that still a big ask !

Another good night tonight. Luton and Barnsley take 2 pts off each other, Charlton chuck a lead away to lose at Brentford and Huddersfield draw at Reading. We just need to win tomorrow to capitalise. .

Remaining rounds of fixtures:

Brentford vs Charlton
Luton vs Barnsley
Reading vs Huddersfield
Millwall vs Boro
Birmingham vs Swansea
Bristol vs Hull
Wigan vs QPR
Leeds vs Stoke

Huddersfield vs Luton
Charlton vs Reading
Barsnely vs Wigan
Hull vs Millwall
Boro vs Bristol
QPR vs Sheff Wed
Stoke vs Birmingham

Reading vs Boro
Wigan vs Hull
Luton vs QPR
Sheff Wd vs Huddersfield
Birmingham vs Charlton
Bristol vs Stoke
Leeds vs Barnsley

Charlton vs Wigna
Barnsley vs Forest
Hudderfield vs West Brom
Hull vs Luton
Boro vs Cardiff
Preston vs Birmingham
Stoke vs Brentford

Birmingham vs Derby
Brentford vs Barnsley
Cardiff vs Hull
Leeds vs Charlton
Luton vs Blackburn
Millwall vs Huddersfield
Forest vs Stoke
Sheff Wed vs Boro
Wigan vs Fulham

Individually by team:
Wigan
QPR H
Barnsley A
Hull H
Chalrton A
Fulham H

Birmingham
Swansea H
Stoke A
Charlton H
Preston A
Derby H

Stoke
Leeds A
Birmingham H
Bristol A
Brentford H
Forest A

Charlton
Brentford A
Reading H
Birmingham A
Wigan H
Leeds A

Huddersfield
Reading A
Luton H
Shef Wed A
West Brom H
Millwall A

Hull
Bristol A
Millwall H
Wigan A
Luton H
Cardiff A

Boro
Millwall A
Bristol H
Reading A
Cardiff H
Sheffield A

Barnsley
Luton A
Wigan H
Leeds A
Forest H
Brentford A

Luton
Barnsley H
Huddersfield A
QPR H
Hull A
Blackburn H

From those i'd say realistically 4th bottom get's at least 50 points, so i'm thinking 62 to survive is the minimum if we are getting docked points but it wouldn't shock me if 4th bottom got over 50 and we needed more. So at least 4 wins minimum, with us needing to beat Barnsley, Charlton and Hull to keep their points totals down. Hope i'm wrong and bottom 3 all fail to win another game all season and get cut well adrift but i think we are looking at maximum points to be certain - huge ask.

Thats all i said and moonay bloody chastised me!!!

No you didn't ....... you said we were "done".

Massive difference. Difficult, yes of course. Done ....... never.
We had much more correspondence than that where I stated to you many reasons to back up my claim seems the common consensus is that people think itl be the stuff of miracles to stay up. So i do sadly believe were done.

Can't see the EFL softening their stance on the deduction can you?? Its a bloody disgrace. I was thinking if it gets to the point where things are so obviously outrageous... Can the FA step in and overule them!?!

We had much more correspondence than that where I stated to you many reasons to back up my claim seems the common consensus is that people think itl be the stuff of miracles to stay up. So i do sadly believe were done.

Can't see the EFL softening their stance on the deduction can you?? Its a bloody disgrace. I was thinking if it gets to the point where things are so obviously outrageous... Can the FA step in and overule them!?!

I'd wager Danny that at this moment, especially with the community and fraternal fever spreading around the club, that nothwithstanding our precarious position, most of our fans would say that they believe we can still stay up ........of our own doing.

Of course, we might not ................... but I reckon you were/are in the minority in thinking that we were/are done.

I'd wager Danny that at this moment, especially with the community and fraternal fever spreading around the club, that nothwithstanding our precarious position, most of our fans would say that they believe we can still stay up ........of our own doing.

Of course, we might not ................... but I reckon you were/are in the minority in thinking that we were/are done.
Ok mate agree to disagree 😉

Win tomorrow and we're off the bottom of the table (again)! Win on Saturday and we're up to 22nd. Win next Tuesday and we're either out of the bottom three or bloody close to being so with two games left. If only it was that simple!

Believe!!!

Win tomorrow and we're off the bottom of the table (again)! Win on Saturday and we're up to 22nd. Win next Tuesday and we're either out of the bottom three or bloody close to being so with two games left. If only it was that simple!

Believe!!!

Its never that simple...there will be results when you thing FFS , how did that happen ? All we can do is win our games which will not be easy. I expect QPR to be the most straightforward if not a gimme. They have little to play for but Barnsley, Hull and Charlton will be a right fight for your life job.

It can be done.