Newcastle V Tottenham | Page 7 | Vital Football

Newcastle V Tottenham

No real standout candidate for MoTM, so I guess Harry edges it with the brace. Moura may have earned it had he stayed on....for sheer effort.

So pleased with what Moura is doing at the moment. You can tell that Jose has gone to town on him on the training pitch.

Shame it's not yet connecting with Son though. Just standing there planted when he saw Winks go to ground and not doubling up. Watching another pair of heels get away from him and standing watching. I really hope Jose can get a breakthrough with him soon. Some serious tough love required if we are to eventually become a winning side.

So pleased with what Moura is doing at the moment. You can tell that Jose has gone to town on him on the training pitch.

Shame it's not yet connecting with Son though. Just standing there planted when he saw Winks go to ground and not doubling up. Watching another pair of heels get away from him and standing watching. I really hope Jose can get a breakthrough with him soon. Some serious tough love required if we are to eventually become a winning side.
I think he has already started with the tough love. It doesn't look like the mutiny that some were predicting though. I am quite excited if I am honest.

Like I said previously with the positivity from beating arsenal all we could do was finish the season well getting 7-9 points from our last 3 which should be enough for EL. We're well on course to do that (well done Burnley)

We've got to accept the style of football may not be pretty a lot of the time but I will happily put up with this for a couple of years if he delivers us what we all want and need...

A full pre season, 4-5 new Jose signings - having already been here half a season I will genuinely go into next season confident we have a real chance of winning 1 of the 3 trophies we will hopefully be in. What more can you ask for?

COYS

An excellent result given how obviously tired the players were...and it highlighted how desperately we need two footballing FBs at least...credit to Serg for playing but he served up another assist to them for their goal and Davies just doesn’t have what we need either.

I do think it’s funny listening to the pundits saying that Newcastle controlled the game...it remind me of an old Andy Capp cartoon when Florrie asked him how his team had got on and he replied “We were all over them and then they scored 6 or 7 lucky goals”..Just like Arsenal, Newcastle huffed and puffed but in control...no.

There’s still a long way to go but with the current crop of players Jose is doing well...BT Sport showed a stat that since Jose joined we would be in 4th place tonight which is a pretty good return given all the problems.

Only saw the highlights but heard we battled hard. Moura and LoCo did well for the first and a good finish from Son. I know Aurier messed up that clearance for their goal, but what a strike from Ritchie!

Great to see Kane with a double on the score sheet.

Lets finish at home on a high on Sunday v Leicester!

Didn't know that about the medical staff lying about the seriousness of his injuries. That is shocking.

He was a quality player IMO. Massive ability. Haven't seen a talent like him since. He was a bit of a strange quality really.
Here's the 4 minute section in that interview where he talks about it, it certainly made me look at his career in a different light.