Newcastle V Tottenham | Page 4 | Vital Football

Newcastle V Tottenham

I used to be the same until I saw an interview with Anderton who said the club's medical staff, possibly under instruction from Alan Sugar (who knows?) lied about the severity of his groin injuries which made it worse.

The guy chose to stay with us while Klinsmann, Barmby, Popescu et al jumped ship in 1995, even though Man Utd were intent on signing him. Levy then refused to renew his contract in 2004 because he wanted Jamie Redknapp at the club ... a guy who was far more injury prone than Anderton. Redknapp's league appearances for us in his 3 seasons were 17, 17 and 14 (the season Anderton was let go).

Even though he was promised a testimonial, the club still hasn't given him one. We have treated him shoddily as a club and fanbase in my opinion.

Didn't know that about the medical staff lying about the seriousness of his injuries. That is shocking.

He was a quality player IMO. Massive ability. Haven't seen a talent like him since. He was a bit of a strange quality really.

I used to be the same until I saw an interview with Anderton who said the club's medical staff, possibly under instruction from Alan Sugar (who knows?) lied about the severity of his groin injuries which made it worse.

The guy chose to stay with us while Klinsmann, Barmby, Popescu et al jumped ship in 1995, even though Man Utd were intent on signing him. Levy then refused to renew his contract in 2004 because he wanted Jamie Redknapp at the club ... a guy who was far more injury prone than Anderton. Redknapp's league appearances for us in his 3 seasons were 17, 17 and 14 (the season Anderton was let go).

Even though he was promised a testimonial, the club still hasn't given him one. We have treated him shoddily as a club and fanbase in my opinion.
That's Shocking SE, I didnt know that, always loved Anderton, quality player. The fact that he hasn't had a Testimonial is an insult to the mans loyalty and is a disgusting treatment of our former player.

Didn't notice Lloris running half the length of the pitch to congratulate Sonny on producing a goal out of nothing. Hopefully Jose thought that it was marvellous.