Newcastle V Tottenham | Vital Football

Newcastle V Tottenham

Spursex

Alert Team
If we've turned a corner, this is the game to show it and must go and win a difficult away game and win it well.

But coming off of yet another London defeat for Newcastle and now at home will mean they're be coming at us at 100mph.

We have a chance to get that Europa football so we must win.

Kick Off wednesday 15th 6pm: Newcastle vs Tottenham

Can we do it?!!

Last edited:
Can we do it? Play like we did against Sheff Utd and Bournemouth then no, play as we did against le arse and we can!

Was that a one-of or the signs of some better things to come?

What I enjoyed was that the team looked to play forward much more with less sidey backward play than in the other games.

Wait and see what Jose instructs them to do I suppose.

If we assume that Serge will be on compassionate leave and Tanga isn't anywhere near match fit; then Sissoko will be most likely to play there.

If that's so, maybe it would be possible to give Ndombele, Fernandes or Skipp a start in midfield. If we go 433 then any of those could slot in, but if he goes 442 like last time, then I think it will be Fernandes on the right.

Lloris, Sissoko, Sanchez, Toby, Davis, Fernandes, Winks, Loco, Lucas, Kane, Son

I just don't know what to expect.

If Mousa is at RB then Barcodes will exploit him.

Can we hand cuff his hands behind his back?

Maybe Toby can mentor him throughout the game, but can I see Sissoko bolting down the wing and delivering an inch perfect cross for Kane to head in?........ah no.

We had some very tired legs at the end of the NLD derby, so he will have to rotate; how, who and when in the game he does it, we will have to see, but I wouldn't be surprised to see this:

Lloris, Tanganga, Sanchez, Toby, Vert, Sessegnon N'dombele, Sissoko, Lamela, Bergjwin, Kane

Tanganga for Aurier seems an obvious forced change. Other than that I'd like to see pretty much the same team as played Arsenal, certainly want to see the more positive approach that was adopted against Arsenal maintained. Think however that he will find a place in midfield for either Lamela or Ndombele, probably Lamela to start, and Ndombele later on.

I hate the Barcodes with a passion, esp at their place. At least their fans won't be there!
I can't see us playing with as much attacking intent as we did on Sunday, so I'm expecting a middle ground kind of performance where we create some good chances, but will be tough and we will be forced to a bit more sideways football, so those chances will need to be taken!

JM has asked Serge whether he wants to play or not, my fear is that if he 'thinks' he can play, his head won't be right, so in a way, I'd rather he took the time out for himself as much as anything. Start Tangaga with Sissoko ahead of him I say.

Newcastle United
MORE​
Player
Florian Lejeune

Reason
Thigh Injury
Further Detail
July 10: "Lejeune might be available again at the back end of next week."
Potential Return
20/07/2020
Condition
None
Status
50%
TRACK​
Player
Andy Carroll

Reason
Groin/Hip/Pelvic Injury
Further Detail
Groin Strain
Potential Return
20/07/2020
Condition
None
Status
25%
TRACK​
Player
Danny Rose

Reason
Other
Further Detail
Unable to Face Parent Club
Potential Return
20/07/2020
Condition
None
Status
Ruled Out
TRACK​
Player
Allan Saint-Maximin

Reason
Other
Further Detail
July 11: "Towards the end, he took a knock on it - that's all. We'll see how he is. We'll see what we've got for Wednesday, and we'll go again after that."
Potential Return
15/07/2020
Condition
Late Fitness Test
Status
50%
TRACK​
Player
Jamaal Lascelles

Reason
Ankle/Foot Injury
Further Detail
July 14: "I don' think Jamaal will make it - he's going for a second opinion on the injury this morning."
Potential Return
15/07/2020
Condition
Late Fitness Test
Status
25%
TRACK​
Player
Sean Longstaff

Reason
Thigh Injury
Further Detail
July 05: "Our two, arguably, fittest players in Sean and Isaac Hatden have both got hamstring injuries. They're not serious but it's 2-3 weeks which probably rules them out."
Potential Return
No Return Date
Condition
None
Status
Ruled Out
TRACK​
Player
Ciaran Clark

Reason
Ankle/Foot Injury
Further Detail
July 10: "I doubt he'll play again this season. He had an ankle operation and, unfortunately, he's got a complication in that area. He's not comfortable."
Potential Return
No Return Date
Condition
None
Status
Ruled Out
TRACK​
Player
Isaac Hayden

Reason
Thigh Injury
Further Detail
July 05: "Our two, arguably, fittest players in Sean Longstaff and Isaac have both got hamstring injuries. They're not serious but it's 2-3 weeks which probably rules them out."
Potential Return
No Return Date
Condition
None
Status
Ruled Out
TRACK​

Sadly I’m not expecting the same level of performance in this game, mainly due to tiredness and rotation....the guys were already knackered before Sunday and put in big shifts all over the park so that’s going to take its toll...hope I’m wrong and pleasantly surprised...could happen.