Summer Transfer Thread | Page 11 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Thread

We may have moved on from Colback but personally, if his wage demands are reasonable, I would be happy to see him here for a few years.

Watson probably deserves a 1yr contract extension - but he may want more than that, Samba Sow can't stay fit enough for an extended run of games and Yates would probably be better off with a years loan somewhere (Oly?)

Bostock is on loan, but with a run of games I do think he'd prove a valuable asset....

Whilst we appear well stocked, at the right wage - I think Colback would be a decent acquisition, to effectively replace Watson's experience.

lets be honest watson could do with cover to shield from injuries and allow rest over a season

and I see colback/watson very similar players who give us a bit more grit in the middle

surely if hes free that allows wages to be higher and still be inline with budgets?

Watson probably deserves a 1yr contract extension - but he may want more than that, Samba Sow can't stay fit enough for an extended run of games and Yates would probably be better off with a years loan somewhere (Oly?)

Bostock is on loan, but with a run of games I do think he'd prove a valuable asset....

Whilst we appear well stocked, at the right wage - I think Colback would be a decent acquisition, to effectively replace Watson's experience.
Totally agree on Watson. He has had a great season so far and it seems like SL knows how to use him properly. Again Sow would be great if he could stay fit but it’s a big if.

Yates needs a season or two at this level or similar to hone his skills and understanding but I still believe he has a future. Bostock on the other hand, I think is done. I rate him but it’s obvious SL doesn’t so cut our losses and move on.

Colback and Watson fighting for that place would be a definite improvement on the squad. Just don’t play them together...

I see colback is available on a free....surely a no brainer for us?

with this charlton lad its morally questionable what hes doing, shows no real love/affinity to the club or fans IMO

Depending on wages (which apparently scuppered his joining last summer) I agree.

I was always of the school that Watson and Colback shouldn’t be in same team. Leeds at home last season Colback pushed on more in to a Sow type role. Watson has dropped back to sometimes making a back three. Perhaps they could play together if one was up field and dropping back whilst the other was further back occasionally coming forward. It is probably a redundant argument as I can’t see both in a team with McGuane, Bostock and Sow available.

Totally agree on Watson. He has had a great season so far and it seems like SL knows how to use him properly. Again Sow would be great if he could stay fit but it’s a big if.

Yates needs a season or two at this level or similar to hone his skills and understanding but I still believe he has a future. Bostock on the other hand, I think is done. I rate him but it’s obvious SL doesn’t so cut our losses and move on.

Colback and Watson fighting for that place would be a definite improvement on the squad. Just don’t play them together...
cant play 2 gingers at the same time...FIFA rules

Sorry Bash, I’m afraid I put Yates in the Tyler bracket. Not quite good enough for the Championship, and will never play in the Prem.

Sorry Bash, I’m afraid I put Yates in the Tyler bracket. Not quite good enough for the Championship, and will never play in the Prem.
That’s fair enough. Must be honest I think he has the ability and the work rate but his pace is lacking. For me he should make it as a Championship player but Premier League may be beyond him. We will see though.

That’s fair enough. Must be honest I think he has the ability and the work rate but his pace is lacking. For me he should make it as a Championship player but Premier League may be beyond him. We will see though.

I think both walker and Yates are good enough for championship but with a team with lower expectations than Forest. Perhaps Wigan, Coventry or Rotherham. A year experience will prove one way or the other.

Colbacks kids went to school in Nottingham this year. He was getting the train up and down for training.

id take Colback over all our midfielders bar Sow. Was one of many crap decisions we've made, same as with Milo for example

I think both walker and Yates are good enough for championship but with a team with lower expectations than Forest. Perhaps Wigan, Coventry or Rotherham. A year experience will prove one way or the other.
if I was Walker id fook forest off now for sure. He's been 'used' in all the negative ways

Problem is the only way is down for Walker. If he can’t make it here when we only have one other striker, what Championship club would touch him?

Disagree - Tyler is 23, he's been hampered by a major knee injury that sidelined him for almost a year and since then, he's put in the hard yards in league 2 & league 1.

He's visibly stronger, fitter, faster and is actually a good, technical footballer.

He's scored plenty of goals in both and in the team set up that is more suited to him, he will thrive - but, he isn't a lead the line, 6'3 powerhouse that can hold up the ball.

There are plenty of teams at Championship level and top end league 1, that would be prepared to take on Tyler, but he needs regular game time, like Yates.

Yates - his biggest problem is that 'his position' is the one that Watson occupies, but Ryan needs to improve his distribution and positioning. 'Pace' - which I do agree is a flaw, is not something he can do much about - but, that can be masked by improving other aspects.

Yates isn't a dynamic box to box midfielder and when he realises that, then that may help him - but, he is certainly a good squad player.

Would either make it at EPL level? - No idea and at this stage, as a team, neither are Forest ready to step up.

I've said this loads of times, but with Tyler's goal scoring record - if he was at Posh, then they'd be touting him around for £3-5m.

Disagree - Tyler is 23, he's been hampered by a major knee injury that sidelined him for almost a year and since then, he's put in the hard yards in league 2 & league 1.

He's visibly stronger, fitter, faster and is actually a good, technical footballer.

He's scored plenty of goals in both and in the team set up that is more suited to him, he will thrive - but, he isn't a lead the line, 6'3 powerhouse that can hold up the ball.

There are plenty of teams at Championship level and top end league 1, that would be prepared to take on Tyler, but he needs regular game time, like Yates.

Yates - his biggest problem is that 'his position' is the one that Watson occupies, but Ryan needs to improve his distribution and positioning. 'Pace' - which I do agree is a flaw, is not something he can do much about - but, that can be masked by improving other aspects.

Yates isn't a dynamic box to box midfielder and when he realises that, then that may help him - but, he is certainly a good squad player.

Would either make it at EPL level? - No idea and at this stage, as a team, neither are Forest ready to step up.

I've said this loads of times, but with Tyler's goal scoring record - if he was at Posh, then they'd be touting him around for £3-5m.
Totally agree on Yates but still to be convinced on Walker. He seems to have the attributes which is good but at 23 I want to see him stepping up at Championship level.

He is at one of the biggest clubs in the division and we also have a bit of a striker shortage albeit he would struggle to dislodge Grabban if he stays fit. To my mind it’s the perfect stage for him and I really hope he can take it.

My point was that if he doesn’t make the most of this opportunity he could well be fated to be nothing more than a league one or jobbing championship striker at best.

Knowing our luck and history though he will struggle until he leaves and then flourish. It’s the Forest way in recent years...

i see Grimsby have reached a financial agreement with their 10 remaining contracted players to not play again until they can play in front of a crowd.

Holloway is saying this shouldn't be done until a vaccine can be found.