Summer Transfer Thread | Page 10 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Thread

Those of you who wanted Lyle Taylor; he is now refusing to play again for Charlton at the restart.

Not because he is worried about COVID.

But because he is worried about getting an injury that might scupper a "life changing" move.

I know some of you will say they understand that.

But with Charlton in the position they are it is a big red flag to me and I am even more of the belief we should steer well clear.

Bristol are in for him I believe.

Shoddy show from the shit house

I'm not sure that is the case; from what I read, it will be down to an individual basis; the article I read alluded to the fact that if a Club attempts to prevent a player moving on 1st July they will get sued for restraint of trade.

I presume that is the reason a ruling has not been made on the subject.

Not about moving, that's probable I'd guess, it's about being allowed to register for a season already in progress.

Not about moving, that's probable I'd guess, it's about being allowed to register for a season already in progress.

Well, that is the issue.

Is there a ruling in place?

Before the Transfer Windows were introduced there was a registration deadline in March; anyone signed after the deadline could not play in any of the remaining games that season.

If there is no longer a rule, there is the possibility of carnage.

Well, that is the issue.

Is there a ruling in place?

Before the Transfer Windows were introduced there was a registration deadline in March; anyone signed after the deadline could not play in any of the remaining games that season.

If there is no longer a rule, there is the possibility of carnage.

Can you imagine a club signing a rival's player and them playing in a crucial game against their original club...

Can you imagine a club signing a rival's player and them playing in a crucial game against their original club...

Look like the issue is being dealt with:

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/transfer-news/efl-clubs-approve-contract-rule-4184443

"Clubs cannot approach players whose contracts expire on June 30 until June 24.

Clubs now also have until June 23 to offer players a new contract or release them.

And in the event that fixtures will continue past June 30, players out of contract on that date will be able to sign a short-term extension which will run until the 2019/20 season is completed."

It does not state if players signed after June 30th are eligible

Look like the issue is being dealt with:

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/transfer-news/efl-clubs-approve-contract-rule-4184443

"Clubs cannot approach players whose contracts expire on June 30 until June 24.

Clubs now also have until June 23 to offer players a new contract or release them.

And in the event that fixtures will continue past June 30, players out of contract on that date will be able to sign a short-term extension which will run until the 2019/20 season is completed."

It does not state if players signed after June 30th are eligible

Not being able to approach players is always something clubs respect.

How he managed to get away with having sex with an underage girl is an absolute travesty

I also liked it when he and about 8 mates of his beat up that DJ at a bar in Southport because they didn't like the music he was playing and he wouldn't play it. Gerrard was the protagonist and main aggressor and get left off, but because he wouldn't pay for his mates to have the same expensive lawyer, they all got charges!

But, my favourite was when he slipped over against Chelsea and lost Liverpool the Premier League title.

I understand that Forest have agreed to drop their interest in Lyle Taylor so that they can complete the deal for Diagne, if Taylor completes his transfer to Galatasaray as expected.

I understand that Forest have agreed to drop their interest in Lyle Taylor so that they can complete the deal for Diagne, if Taylor completes his transfer to Galatasaray as expected.

I was told the other day that the speculation linking us with Taylor is nothing more than his agent using us to try and get a better deal for him; we have no interest in him.

Be interesting to see how that pans out.

We do have a serious interest in Mattias Johansson, a Right Back currently playing with our feeder Club, Olympiakos.

Wigan have inquired about signing Darikwa

I don't see this guy being good enough for Galatasaray to be seriously interested in him unless their finances are completely fooked.

I was told the other day that the speculation linking us with Taylor is nothing more than his agent using us to try and get a better deal for him; we have no interest in him.

We do have a serious interest in Mattias Johansson, a Right Back currently playing with our feeder Club, Olympiakos.

Johansson plays for the other big Greek side, Panathinaikos.

Dearie me.

I see colback is available on a free....surely a no brainer for us?

with this charlton lad its morally questionable what hes doing, shows no real love/affinity to the club or fans IMO