Summer Transfer Thread | Page 9 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Thread

Those of you who wanted Lyle Taylor; he is now refusing to play again for Charlton at the restart.

Not because he is worried about COVID.

But because he is worried about getting an injury that might scupper a "life changing" move.

I know some of you will say they understand that.

But with Charlton in the position they are it is a big red flag to me and I am even more of the belief we should steer well clear.

Those of you who wanted Lyle Taylor; he is now refusing to play again for Charlton at the restart.

Not because he is worried about COVID.

But because he is worried about getting an injury that might scupper a "life changing" move.

I know some of you will say they understand that.

But with Charlton in the position they are it is a big red flag to me and I am even more of the belief we should steer well clear.
I can understand his motivation 100% so long as he understands that his stance may put off potential buyers. It would certainly put me off and is similar to players going on strike to force a move through.

He can argue about whether Charlton would help him if he did get an injury (which is certainly debatable) but I am not sure how far that argument carries.

These are games he should have already played under contract for Charlton, so he'd already agreed to the risk of playing those games. Is the increased injury risk of a packed schedule really great enough to justify a player going on strike? I don't think many fans will empathise with him on this one to be honest.

These are games he should have already played under contract for Charlton, so he'd already agreed to the risk of playing those games. Is the increased injury risk of a packed schedule really great enough to justify a player going on strike? I don't think many fans will empathise with him on this one to be honest.

He's a coward and a traitor to his club.

Wouldn't want someone like that here.

I can understand his motivation 100% so long as he understands that his stance may put off potential buyers. It would certainly put me off and is similar to players going on strike to force a move through.

He can argue about whether Charlton would help him if he did get an injury (which is certainly debatable) but I am not sure how far that argument carries.

His stance would suggest he has something lined up.

Surprisingly, Lee Bowyer is backing his stance.

These problems were always going to raise their head once the season went past the end of May.

His stance would suggest he has something lined up.

Surprisingly, Lee Bowyer is backing his stance.

These problems were always going to raise their head once the season went past the end of May.
I think there’s an element of Bowyer accepting Taylor getting a big move that will set him up for life. I understand it but at the same time Charlton have paid his wage and given him the platform. He owes them these games at the least.

Imagine if every player running down their contract refused to play. First it would be for a month, then three months...

I think there’s an element of Bowyer accepting Taylor getting a big move that will set him up for life. I understand it but at the same time Charlton have paid his wage and given him the platform. He owes them these games at the least.

Imagine if every player running down their contract refused to play. First it would be for a month, then three months...
Henri Lansbury.

We all loved him for that didn't we?

Its far from ideal, but it cuts both ways, and the circumstances are far from normal.

Normally, come the end of May, Clubs cannot get rid of their unwanted players soon enough; now they want them to stay on for a few weeks; some will be glad of the money, some will think, fuck it.

Unless something has happened that I not aware of, the Transfer Window opens next week; Clubs face the prospect of restarting on the 20th and then losing players on 1st July, or sooner.

Does anyone know if we can sign players on July 1st and play them in the remaining games?

In theory we should be able to.

Its far from ideal, but it cuts both ways, and the circumstances are far from normal.

Normally, come the end of May, Clubs cannot get rid of their unwanted players soon enough; now they want them to stay on for a few weeks; some will be glad of the money, some will think, fuck it.

Unless something has happened that I not aware of, the Transfer Window opens next week; Clubs face the prospect of restarting on the 20th and then losing players on 1st July, or sooner.

Does anyone know if we can sign players on July 1st and play them in the remaining games?

The standard old school transfer deadline applies I assume. I'm not sure when that technically gets lifted.

I wouldn't bet 10p that anyone can sign players and use them for the dessicated corpse of this season

I agree it’s a very messy situation and I honestly don’t know the answer but I am guessing in this case that Charlton have paid his wages through injuries and Covid so he owes them something for that. How many of their out of contract players are they offering contracts to?

Going to be some fun times!

I'd assume no, the season has been extended so I imagine technically they aren't free agents (in terms of registration) until this one expires.

The standard old school transfer deadline applies I assume. I'm not sure when that technically gets lifted.

I wouldn't bet 10p that anyone can sign players and use them for the dessicated corpse of this season

That's what I thought

The Window opens on the 10th June and players are eligible (in theory) from 1st July

I'd assume no, the season has been extended so I imagine technically they aren't free agents (in terms of registration) until this one expires.

I'm not sure that is the case; from what I read, it will be down to an individual basis; the article I read alluded to the fact that if a Club attempts to prevent a player moving on 1st July they will get sued for restraint of trade.

I presume that is the reason a ruling has not been made on the subject.