What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 23 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

I'm a big fan of Proper Job myself, also from St Austell brewery. Not sure if they still do it or not, but they also used to do an excellent stout called Cornish Cream.

Last night's uneaten prawn crackers with sweet and sour and lemon sauces to dip for dinner tonight! Followed by the banana flapjacks I made earlier. All eaten whilst watching the space launch live!

Thinking about it, I'm not sure why we keep buying bananas as they always go completely overripe. Or we let them get old as an excuse to make cakes with them, possibly...
Hi Rob.
Buy them under ripe and keep them in a cupboard. Only take one or two out a day or so before you want to eat them to let them ripen. They last longer in the dark. Well, Mrs Riiiiik says they do.

The West African chicken and hot pepper casserole was unusual in both flavour combinations and texture and delicious with coconut and thyme rice, but not so taken with it that we'd do it again I reckon. Good experiment though, was nice to try something different....

Roast beef with all trimmings and a bottle of Aussie Shiraz Durif (huge flavours and huge ABV to match!) tomorrow at Casa Hither. Coconut panna cotta to follow.

The West African chicken and hot pepper casserole was unusual in both flavour combinations and texture and delicious with coconut and thyme rice, but not so taken with it that we'd do it again I reckon. Good experiment though, was nice to try something different....

Roast beef with all trimmings and a bottle of Aussie Shiraz Durif (huge flavours and huge ABV to match!) tomorrow at Casa Hither. Coconut panna cotta to follow.
Coconut panna cotta sounds excellent!

Just had soup made with left over veg - onions, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower really tasty with a home (part) baked petit pain.

Later we'll be pushing the boat out. Mrs S will be having garlic infused moorland lamb with redcurrant gravy, and I'm having aubergine, artichoke and butter bean cassoulet with sweet potato topping. Both having Baileys cheesecake with mocha creme Chantilly for pud. Have to admit that this isn't home cooked, but from a local restaurant we have started using for Sunday "takeaways" (collect chilled and put in oven for 25 mins before eating - tho not the cheesecake!). EPA for me and Banrock Chardonnay for wife

Just had soup made with left over veg - onions, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower really tasty with a home (part) baked petit pain.

Later we'll be pushing the boat out. Mrs S will be having garlic infused moorland lamb with redcurrant gravy, and I'm having aubergine, artichoke and butter bean cassoulet with sweet potato topping. Both having Baileys cheesecake with mocha creme Chantilly for pud. Have to admit that this isn't home cooked, but from a local restaurant we have started using for Sunday "takeaways" (collect chilled and put in oven for 25 mins before eating - tho not the cheesecake!). EPA for me and Banrock Chardonnay for wife

*programmes stokeimps's post-code into Satnav *

I'll be there shortly!

Sounds excellent! Even if not cooked yourself. Nice Sunday treat 👍

I decided that adding some decent rum might be a good idea. I'll let you know later if I was right! #pinacoladavibes
I can't see adding rum ever being a bad idea! We recently got a bottle of Co-op's own "pineapple rum spirit drink", which send to be a blend of two decent dark rums with some pineapple flavour thrown in, and is exceedingly drinkable!

Last edited:
Barbecue out for dinner. Lincolnshire sausages, steak, bacon chops and black pudding for me, trout, halloumi and Linda McCartney mozzarella burgers for the good lady.

Strawberries, grapes, blueberries and toasted pancake pieces with cream for dessert!

Barbecue out for dinner. Lincolnshire sausages, steak, bacon chops and black pudding for me, trout, halloumi and Linda McCartney mozzarella burgers for the good lady.

Strawberries, grapes, blueberries and toasted pancake pieces with cream for dessert!

devenex will be rocking up shortly!

BBQ for me too, Lincs sausage, beef burgers, garlic chicken and herb kebabs, chicken and chorizo kebabs salad and home made slaw. Best one I’ve done for a while, Mrs Eweimps was well happy!
Strawberries, raspberries and cream in a meringue nest to follow

Last edited:
Chicken tray bake again for lunch. Becoming a firm favourite. Poached eggs on crumpets for dinner.

Son did a BBQ yesterday. Hell, I feel like I've put a stone on, all that red meat.:confused: