What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 22 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

Friday night,so I thought I would push the boat out and do something special as it was warm and fancied a little bit of al fresco ...............so BBQ it was and it was also a night to ring the changes on the food front.
.Despite a complete lack of hunger I was determined to eat until I had an airlock, demolishing some regular griddle partners starting with spuds,sausages(chorizo) chicken legs,romano peppers,bbq onions,and homemade beef burgers,avec chilli and horseradish,sweetcorn on the cob and the old reliable monty salad with celery and coriander....ENOUGH FOR 4 BLOKES,red pepper dip made with cannellini beans(Lidl),very decent on a slice of brown wholemeal.

Rose and a bottle of Riesling to follow.
choux bun to follow.

Slightly worried about the BBQ as it was very hot last night and seems to be developing a fever ..........might isolate it in the shed tomorrow night as a precaution.
keep noshing and keep alert and keep 2 metres (1 if operating on WHO regs,1.5 Dutch or 1.0 French regs.

Footnote: I may be absent from Vitals for a while as I have planned a trip with the missus up to Durham and may pop over to Barnard Castle for an eyeball.
Got to admit that the main stream news media have fully sucked me in and I need to make the trip to get it out of my system and experience this key coronavirus location before it gets swamped when the lock down lifts.

"Footnote: I may be absent from Vitals for a while as I have planned a trip with the missus up to Durham and may pop over to Barnard Castle for an eyeball.
Got to admit that the main stream news media have fully sucked me in and I need to make the trip to get it out of my system and experience this key coronavirus location before it gets swamped when the lock down lifts."

We're not far away. Pop in for a natter and we can fail to socially distance like most of our neighbours seem to be doing right now.

"Footnote: I may be absent from Vitals for a while as I have planned a trip with the missus up to Durham and may pop over to Barnard Castle for an eyeball.
Got to admit that the main stream news media have fully sucked me in and I need to make the trip to get it out of my system and experience this key coronavirus location before it gets swamped when the lock down lifts."

We're not far away. Pop in for a natter and we can fail to socially distance like most of our neighbours seem to be doing right now.

Get in front of the curve on the mega tourist trail that will surely spike up there post lock down......could be an earner,hard times ahead!

"Southern Baldy up in BARNIE" or " Miracle blind man seen driving through Barnie Castle." or "I BROKE THE LOCKDOWN IN BARNIE" t shirts,mugs ,keyrings,tea towels, all the usual shite ,get it commissioned now and work your margins.
Possibly better to go down the retail distribution line for the volume sales and sell direct to retailers local/national and let them put the hard yards in with the punters while you do some chilling and smashing the calculator.
You are in the driving seat up there to test the market with the locals,knock out some better creative slogans than mine for that merchandise and reap the rewards

Sorry if I've missed someone else's post on this, but it appears that in Durham slang, "Barney castle" means "pathetic excuse"

Just about to crack open my first bottle of Firecatcher

Wife will be doing a risotto, but pudd will be my creation - CMIK - pronounced kermik - standing for chocolate malteser ice cream. This is a favourite of my grandchildren, and I made a some for them just before lockdown, so there's still half a tub left. Thought it was time to finish it, so I'll have to make a fresh batch when things back to normal

Thinking about it, I'm not sure why we keep buying bananas as they always go completely overripe. Or we let them get old as an excuse to make cakes with them, possibly...