What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 24 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

I can't see adding rum ever being a bad idea! We recently got a bottle of Co-op's own "pineapple rum spirit drink", which send to be a blend of two decent dark rums with some pineapple flavour thrown in, and is exceedingly drinkable!

Yes, the rum WAS a good idea! A few orange segments and a dash of extra cream and all was well. Mr Hither very happy with this one.

We had a very simple pudding of fresh cherries and apricots. The fact I can eat that when many, many people in the world don't know where their next meal is coming from gives me pause for thought.

Hint: it matters who you vote for and how you set political, economic and social priorities.

We had a very simple pudding of fresh cherries and apricots. The fact I can eat that when many, many people in the world don't know where their next meal is coming from gives me pause for thought.

Hint: it matters who you vote for and how you set political, economic and social priorities.
when those cherries are in season (class1) they are top ,top gear.

late report on Saturday evening nosh.
Trip to Durham postponed until the weather breaks.
bbq unit was a bit peaky and looking feverish but responded to a portion of decent lumpwood and cooked well as usual...........coughing had stopped and temperature normalised..............ventilator not required.

Main item last night(Saturday) was homemade beef burgers in buns with a slice of Wookey hole goats cheese,plus romano peppers,reheated bbq spud slices,monty salad avec coriander,celery and all the usual rabbit bits......tasty,chicken thighs with honey,Moroccan hummus on wholemeal bread.
simple strawberries and ice cream plus a touch of clotted arteries.
rose,leffe blonde,.......too hot for red.

And yes I fully recognise how lucky I am to be able to put decent nosh on my table every night with no effort whilst large parts of the world exist in abject poverty.........waste nothing and enjoy the food available.

Last edited:
They are indeed. I am very grateful for them.
When down in Italy in September a fruit that is also top drawer and delivered free by the basket full is local figs.............like nothing you can buy over here and no they are not a laxative and i have eaten a full portion. and live to tell the tale.
often served with local buffolo mozzarella

........syrup of figs is something else..............................shite.

Last edited:
I may have officially lost it. Decided that Sunday night was a good time to make some pastry and a sausage and caramelised onion pie now in the oven. Very nice cold for lunch as a alternative to pork pie, as I can't get the proper variant down here.......

I may have officially lost it. Decided that Sunday night was a good time to make some pastry and a sausage and caramelised onion pie now in the oven. Very nice cold for lunch as a alternative to pork pie, as I can't get the proper variant down here.......
Sounds really decent.
Next time in Lincoln try the Redhill Farm pork pies(Bailgate) or the farmers market...3rd Saturday of month.......top drawer
they are the best and they deliver...........top gear.
suppliers to Lords,Wimbledon,etc
https://www.redhillfarm.com/what-we-do/#we-sell-it

Last edited:
When down in Italy in September a fruit that is also top drawer and delivered free by the basket full is local figs.............like nothing you can buy over here and no they are not a laxative and i have eaten a full portion. and live to tell the tale.
often served with local buffolo mozzarella

........syrup of figs is something else..............................shite.
Got to love a good fig. Proper luxury fruit!

First departure away from BBQ last night and it`s still isolating in the shed but doing a good job recovering.
Fresh bread and slices of pate and smoked salmon(heavy smoke from Lidl)then some reheated bbq spuds and a salad to accompany a large bowl of rigatoni with 5 beans in a tomato sauce.Leftover chicken thighs filled up the last few holes.
clotted cream ice cream with a choux bun to finish.
rose again with Leffe beer and then on to the star of the evening a bottle of very strong red.
I have put a link to this below and if you like full fruit wines then this is a big
Italian primitivo(zinfandel) from PUGLIA......TOP VALUE FOR THE MONEY........will fill my boots.
https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/p/red-wine/espera-primitivo-puglia/p32151

enjoy the weather( get that factor 50 out and splash it all over) and all the good food.
I`m look forward to my next gondola trip on the Sincil Drain(season ticket holders travel for free).......whenever that is.....2021?

Last edited:
Chicken kiev again with a few oven chips salad and more home made slaw
Really tasty even though it’s a bought one
More strawberries and raspberries and meringue with cream

Courgette and lemon linguine tonight. For pud I had some of the left over mocha creme from last night, with the last of the shortbread from a couple of nights ago, with ice cream melting over it; and Mrs S had some mis-shaped strawberries she bought today with some pears she stewed that had seen better days