What are you cooking during lockdown? | Page 21 | Vital Football

What are you cooking during lockdown?

Lunch: melon, pear and feta salad with a lemon, mint and pomegranate seed dressing.

Tea: home made pasta sauce (fresh tomatoes!) with roasted peppers and fusili pasta. Parmesan optional.

Sister in law lives in Holland,just interested to know the gear you imported?

HAK Appelmoes (extraqualitate) in the main Devon, can’t live without it apparently. Plastered on every meal more or less, not mine I hasten to add. Coffee from Douwe Egberts filtered Excellent brand. Amongst other treats of course such as Hagelslag pure chocolate for on sandwiches (bit like 100’s & 1000’s), Ontbijtkoek, Frituure Vet of course for the best home cooked chips Dutch style in the UK from Mrs German. All good gear.

HAK Appelmoes (extraqualitate) in the main Devon, can’t live without it apparently. Plastered on every meal more or less, not mine I hasten to add. Coffee from Douwe Egberts filtered Excellent brand. Amongst other treats of course such as Hagelslag pure chocolate for on sandwiches (bit like 100’s & 1000’s), Ontbijtkoek, Frituure Vet of course for the best home cooked chips Dutch style in the UK from Mrs German. All good gear.

goed spul?

Lunch: melon, pear and feta salad with a lemon, mint and pomegranate seed dressing.

Tea: home made pasta sauce (fresh tomatoes!) with roasted peppers and fusili pasta. Parmesan optional.
Don`t forget the truffle sauce on that pasta......well tasty.

2 meals a day,you are really living it up like a king and us poor bastards down to cooking lumps of meat on charcoal embers once a day and that`s before the recession really kicks in.
Had a nightmare last night about the coronavirus and the degradation it will deliver economically and I had a vision of my dinner plate of the future it contained
slices of tofu,mung beans,chia seed and half a packet of my budgie`s favourite,trill.
To follow was a handful of goji berries.

And just a moment ago I thought I was living like a king shopping from Lidl`s and now i`m down to doing my weekly shop at Pets at home.

I had a makeshift dinner of toast parsnips, steamed cabbage and carrots and a couple of strange veggie sausages made of mushroom, fennel and god-knows-what.

Hopefully something better constructed tonight!

Love roast parsnips, sometimes par boil and then brush with combined maple syrup and whole grain mustard before roasting ( makes a mess of dish though) really good with a Sunday roast!

Love roast parsnips, sometimes par boil and then brush with combined maple syrup and whole grain mustard before roasting ( makes a mess of dish though) really good with a Sunday roast!
Phwoar, that sounds right up my alley! I'll have to try it sometime.

Sausages and baked spuds with onion gravy tonight.
Mr Hither dropped a recipe in front of me for a West African chicken and sweet potato casserole (read: lots of Scotch bonnet chilli, peanuts and coconut) for tomorrow so I'll report back later on that one. No idea why this appealed to him, other than the chilli content, as he's never eaten that style of food before but will take my life (and possibly my digestion) in my hands and give it a go.
White chocolate cheesecake and cherries to fill any gaps.

Mr Hither dropped a recipe in front of me for a West African chicken and sweet potato casserole (read: lots of Scotch bonnet chilli, peanuts and coconut) for tomorrow so I'll report back later on that one. No idea why this appealed to him, other than the chilli content, as he's never eaten that style of food before but will take my life (and possibly my digestion) in my hands and give it a go.
Sounds like an interesting task you've been given, I like the sound of it. Hope it goes well!

2 meals a day,you are really living it up like a king and us poor bastards down to cooking lumps of meat on charcoal embers once a day and that`s before the recession really kicks in.
Had a nightmare last night about the coronavirus and the degradation it will deliver economically and I had a vision of my dinner plate of the future it contained
slices of tofu,mung beans,chia seed and half a packet of my budgie`s favourite,trill.

And just a moment ago I thought I was living like a king shopping from Lidl`s and now i`m down to doing my weekly shop at Pets at home.
That dinner plate looks right up my street. Minus the trill of course. Give it ago for a few weeks, you'll soon be smashing it on the treadmill.

You'll have to get scavenging and overturning rocks in the garden Devon, get on those woodlice and centipedes! Great source of protein and no fat to be found.

We've got a ridiculously large Chinese takeaway order coming in an hour, with two fortune cookies each to top it off (even though they don't really taste of anything).

We've got a ridiculously large Chinese takeaway order coming in an hour, with two fortune cookies each to top it off (even though they don't really taste of anything).

I dream of a Chinese that delivers,only get that when i move back to a Hayling Island after the lockdown lifts.

That dinner plate looks right up my street. Minus the trill of course. Give it ago for a few weeks, you'll soon be smashing it on the treadmill.

more like an A1 heart attack for me!

most of the treadmills I have seen are on the top of a skip,best place for them.

PLEASE GIVE US A REPORT IN DETAIL ABOUT THE USE OF THOSE SCOTCH BONNETS.

That BBQ is taking a hammering Devon. Bet get another one lined up on Amazon Prime, just in case.
It`s rusting at the sides and very old and looks like a prime coronavirus target, I think covid 19 has quietly embedded itself into it`s functionality but with the decent forecasts coming i`m preparing to put a second hand(ex Dyson) bbq ventilator on standby for the next few days to ensure it`s stability.

Fuc,,k Amazon Prime I`m off to the local dump tomorrow to pick up a decent castoff bbq which might just need some gentle tlc and last the summer out.

Eyes forward, we are hurtling towards a mega recession and belts need tightening.........mostly after the bbq food has been demolished.

keep alert?

After home cooked cod and chips, had a pudding of stewed plums (frozen from our tree last year), stewed rhubarb (picked from our garden this afternoon), and shortbread (cooked by Mrs S), plus ice cream from the local Premier shop. Not a great fan of sweet and sour, but this pudd really works
Those plums are right up my street and with the stewed rhubarb i wouldn`t be leaving the house tomorrow unless i was wearing incontinence pants.