Aston Villa v Everton Match Thread - Official Innit | Page 25 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Everton Match Thread - Official Innit

What a night!! We had a bit of luck but considering the only luck we had last week was bad I'd say we earned it.

Heaton and the defence were solid and blocked everything. Mings and Engels were brilliant. Engels does indeed remind me of Laursen but he's much better on the ball. Mings is just always there. His distribution wasn't as good as normal but who cares when he's throwing himself in front of everything. Taylor was solid defensively but my god he destroys every move if the ball goes to him. He genuinely looks terrified of having the ball at his feet. Guilbert had a Stormer of a debut. Slightly out of it 1st 20 like a few but he came into it and looked dangerous going forward. He has real pace and likes a tackle, one slide tackle on Kean brought my corner of the ground to its feet. For 4m he looks an absolute bargain.

Luiz was less noticeable than Saturday. Mainly because we had far less if the ball but he put himself about and worked hard so I've no complaints. He will be a top player. I read through this thread and saw that Jack was getting pelted. Can't understand it myself as I thought he did well enough. McGinn was as superb as ever. Won't be long before clubs at the top are offering us big money for him.

Trezeguet like all of them worked hard but didn't look as threatening as his 1st 2 games. Jota looked really dangerous. How we got him in exchange for Gary Gardner I'll never know. Lovely assist and he looks a really clever player.

MOTM was big Wes. The lads been slated by pundits and fans from day one of the season, completely unfairly. Even if he'd been completely useless in both games, which I don't think he was btw, it would have been a stupid overreaction. He took his goal well and battled their 2 big centre halves all night. His hold up play was excellent and will only get better. Hopefully he'll get a week of from the Talksport numpties and media rent a gobs.

Hopefully we can build on this. We look like we've enough going forward to cause most teams plenty of problems and the defence looks like it'll die to prevent a goal. I think that once marvelous is up to speed we'll see him in against teams that we think will see a lot of the ball as from what I've read of him he's a pure defensive midfielder.

A great night, 3 points, a battling performance, Wesley off the mark and an incredible atmosphere at Villa park. The place was as loud as I've ever heard it and it almost felt like the play off final again. Going to watch the recording this morning to see if Sky did it justice.

What a night!! We had a bit of luck but considering the only luck we had last week was bad I'd say we earned it.

Heaton and the defence were solid and blocked everything. Mings and Engels were brilliant. Engels does indeed remind me of Laursen but he's much better on the ball. Mings is just always there. His distribution wasn't as good as normal but who cares when he's throwing himself in front of everything. Taylor was solid defensively but my god he destroys every move if the ball goes to him. He genuinely looks terrified of having the ball at his feet. Guilbert had a Stormer of a debut. Slightly out of it 1st 20 like a few but he came into it and looked dangerous going forward. He has real pace and likes a tackle, one slide tackle on Kean brought my corner of the ground to its feet. For 4m he looks an absolute bargain.

Luiz was less noticeable than Saturday. Mainly because we had far less if the ball but he put himself about and worked hard so I've no complaints. He will be a top player. I read through this thread and saw that Jack was getting pelted. Can't understand it myself as I thought he did well enough. McGinn was as superb as ever. Won't be long before clubs at the top are offering us big money for him.

Trezeguet like all of them worked hard but didn't look as threatening as his 1st 2 games. Jota looked really dangerous. How we got him in exchange for Gary Gardner I'll never know. Lovely assist and he looks a really clever player.

MOTM was big Wes. The lads been slated by pundits and fans from day one of the season, completely unfairly. Even if he'd been completely useless in both games, which I don't think he was btw, it would have been a stupid overreaction. He took his goal well and battled their 2 big centre halves all night. His hold up play was excellent and will only get better. Hopefully he'll get a week of from the Talksport numpties and media rent a gobs.

Hopefully we can build on this. We look like we've enough going forward to cause most teams plenty of problems and the defence looks like it'll die to prevent a goal. I think that once marvelous is up to speed we'll see him in against teams that we think will see a lot of the ball as from what I've read of him he's a pure defensive midfielder.

A great night, 3 points, a battling performance, Wesley off the mark and an incredible atmosphere at Villa park. The place was as loud as I've ever heard it and it almost felt like the play off final again. Going to watch the recording this morning to see if Sky did it justice.
Which I taped it before I went out

How did El Ghazi get a rating above 7? He was only on for 5 mins. Don't get me wrong, he did brilliantly and scored, but he was very nearly our MOTM according to whoscored

Guys, don't want to put a damp squib on the love fest, but let's take a leaf out if the gaffer's book and not get too high.

We absorbed the pressure well, created some great opportunities, but the team will now be analysing everything to see where improvements can be made. For me we still gave the ball away too cheaply at times and the right flank needs a bit more work defensively. We got Everton off form and we were the home team. This win will bread confidence but be under no illusions, we need to step up again next week.

A great team will not think "we've arrived" after one result. Keep up the good work lads :utv:

Richarlison and Sigurdson are valued at £76.5m on transfermarkt. What an absolute waste of money :lol:.

We have SJG (free) & SJM (£2.75m) :rofl:

Off topic,can the club do anything about the chaos at Aston station after every game. The queues, both north and south are dreadful,even dangerous at times.

Yup I agree. Even worse when we sell out such as last night, I don’t remember it being like this years ago so I don’t know what’s changed in recent seasons. Not sure how they could change it but it certainly needs looking at, the majority queue in good British fashion but many push in because they can.

It’s strange to still be this buzzing for the third match of the season.. feels like a cup win. The atmosphere was amazing, rarely is it that loud and maintained throughout the game, hope it’s like that all season

Thought every player put in a solid effort. I was slightly disappointed with Trez who had limited impact but the rest of the team were all 7/10 minimum. Mings and Engels looked like they are forming a good partnership, mings was actually injured last night but was still throwing his body on the line. Guilbert put in a great debut performance as well. As for Wesley, he took his goal perfectly and was a real handful all night. Hope he kicks on and plays like that every match because no defender would like playing against him in that form