Aston Villa v Everton Match Thread - Official Innit | Page 26 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Everton Match Thread - Official Innit

I don'y know about getting carried away but the atmosphere and euphoria of last night's game carried on well afterwards. You should have heard us two old hard headed, seen it all Villa fans aged 66 and 71 belting out "Sweet Caroline"' in the car going under Spaghetti Junction last night. My mate's son was a tad embarrassed.
Long may it continue

I don'y know about getting carried away but the atmosphere and euphoria of last night's game carried on well afterwards. You should have heard us two old hard headed, seen it all Villa fans aged 66 and 71 belting out "Sweet Caroline"' in the car going under Spaghetti Junction last night. My mate's son was a tad embarrassed.
Long may it continue
Can't wait for Tuesday, will it be the reserves? Gotta be a win and a good cup run.

It will stop them until we lose again Mike, then it will start all over again.
Target this season (and the expectation) should be one win in three. I'll forgive constructive criticism if we fall below that threshold but can't abide the "he's shit" brigade. We win and lose as a team for me and every player will have a mare at least once this season. Hopefully a few of ours are already done and dusted (Mr Heaton) lol

Watched a full replay of the match after returning home late last night (was driving home from Utah while the match was on with Mrs gmv giving me updates every five minutes from her mobile).
My obersvations:
Everton got behind us only once in the 90 minutes which led to the block on the line by Engels (which Heaton would've saved anyway). Their other chances were all when we had plenty of men behind the ball.
Atmosphere was superb.
Wesley was an absolute masterclass in centre-forward play. He bullied their centre-backs and he ran them ragged with his movement, and the movement across their back-four for his goal was superb. He had Mina rattled. I absolutely love the fact that he has a bit of a hot head at times. The last Villa centre-forward Withe that behavioral trait wasn't too bad was he.... (do you see what I did there?)
We were very dangerous going forward.
Referee did a poor job in cutting out their players' blocking our free kicks. Rules clearly state that a player should be booked if he does not retreat ten yards or attempts to block. If the ref had done his job a few of theirs would have been in the book earlier and we likely would have had more counter-attacking opportunities. The fact that he booked Trez late in the game for doing what their players had done for the entire 90 minutes is a joke.
Favorite song of the night: "Englands Number Two" :rofl::rofl:

BREAKING NEWS: Douglas Luiz Soares De Paulo was just arrested outside Villa Park for kidnapping. Police found a 6'1" Icelandic national in his back pocket. :police:

Finally, for those saying we've spent a lot of money, I give you this:

Sigurdson: 45 million. McGinn: 2.75 :lol:
Iwobi: 35 million. Trezeguet: 9
Richarlison: 40 million. Wesley: 22
Schneiderlin: 24 million. Douglas: 15
Keane: 30 million. Mings: 20

Watched a full replay of the match after returning home late last night (was driving home from Utah while the match was on with Mrs gmv giving me updates every five minutes from her mobile).
My obersvations:
Everton got behind us only once in the 90 minutes which led to the block on the line by Engels (which Heaton would've saved anyway). Their other chances were all when we had plenty of men behind the ball.
Atmosphere was superb.
Wesley was an absolute masterclass in centre-forward play. He bullied their centre-backs and he ran them ragged with his movement, and the movement across their back-four for his goal was superb. He had Mina rattled. I absolutely love the fact that he has a bit of a hot head at times. The last Villa centre-forward Withe that behavioral trait wasn't too bad was he.... (do you see what I did there?)
We were very dangerous going forward.
Referee did a poor job in cutting out their players' blocking our free kicks. Rules clearly state that a player should be booked if he does not retreat ten yards or attempts to block. If the ref had done his job a few of theirs would have been in the book earlier and we likely would have had more counter-attacking opportunities. The fact that he booked Trez late in the game for doing what their players had done for the entire 90 minutes is a joke.
Favorite song of the night: "Englands Number Two" :rofl::rofl:

BREAKING NEWS: Douglas Luiz Soares De Paulo was just arrested outside Villa Park for kidnapping. Police found a 6'1" Icelandic national in his back pocket. :police:

What a post, kudos sir

It was a lot of money in one window, but it was absolutely necessary and we appear to have some added value already to the purchases.

Let's say we sell Engels in Jan for £30m (the going rate for a championship CB), we've either offset some of the initial investment and we have a ready made replacement in Konsa.

Off course this is not going to happen in Jan but at some stage the big boys will come in for someone and they may be allowed to leave if the price is right and it suits. And the cycle will continue.