Aston Villa v Everton Match Thread - Official Innit | Page 24 | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Everton Match Thread - Official Innit

Did the television make any comments regarding the support

Yes, here in the states they didn’t go back to the studio until Deano shook all the lads hands and went down the tunnel. Then in the studio Rebecca Lowe and Robbie Mustoe kept talking about how great it is to see Villa Park and the Holte End rocking like that for the first time since MoN days

I was watching the DS press conference. The comment about players earning the right to play before another player was telling in my opinion. It explains his policy of introducing the new players slowly. Its going to be exciting to watch this team develop. I hope we see Marvellous soon, maybe at Crewe? I have high hopes of Marvellous :yes:

I suspect he'll be in against the top sides as a ball winner - 2/3 posession to the other team when they're a Man C/Liverpool et al will see us mullered :)

What a night. Atmosphere was just fantastic and even the train ride home was lively! Great to have that kind of buzz back, already looking forward to the West Ham home game on the Monday night next month.

Can’t fault any of the players this evening as I really would be nit picking. Not sure who I’d give MOTM too but I really rated Guilbert and Jota, first starts for both and both were fantastic, Guilbert looks like he could be a right find and Jota must be wondering why he wasted so much of his life down the road.

What a night. Atmosphere was just fantastic and even the train ride home was lively! Great to have that kind of buzz back, already looking forward to the West Ham home game on the Monday night next month.

Can’t fault any of the players this evening as I really would be nit picking. Not sure who I’d give MOTM too but I really rated Guilbert and Jota, first starts for both and both were fantastic, Guilbert looks like he could be a right find and Jota must be wondering why he wasted so much of his life down the road.
Freddie man of the match. We may have a player here.luis needs support in midfield as Jack and John are best playing on the front foot. Not keen on two wide meNota,trezeguet and el Ghazi(any two from three)are good players but leave us looking light in midfield at times. Perhaps Connor or marvelous could complement Luis .as he can look isolated and exposed at times. Resisted the temptation to have a couple of cans and settled for a cuppa. Off topic,can the club do anything about the chaos at Aston station after every game. The queues, both north and south are dreadful,even dangerous at times.

I'm in Oz and for $15 a month, now we are back in the prem, I can watch very single prem game if I wanted, either live or a replay! So I watched the match this morning, wow! The atmosphere was just fantastic, how I wish I could have been there! Big up to all the fans! Very nervy at the end, which made that goal extra special.

Lucky for us Everton didn't have their scoring boots on, it could have gone another way if they, but they didn't! We deserve that luck and really needed those 3 points, from a team I expected us to lose against to be fair. Plenty of positive signs, things to work on of course with such a lot of new players, but just great to get the points and experience that atmosphere (even if on my laptop from over the other side of the world, it was still so special). UTV

I thought we rode our luck but deservedly so after working so hard, the atmosphere was up there with one of the best i have heard.

3 games in and we have competed in every one, so glad to see Guilbert in the team as that additional pace is huge at this level.

If Targett can be as good on the other side and we can find a defensive midfielder to mope up those loose balls we will only get better.

WHAT AN ATMOSPHERE!!!!

Hello football world. We are Aston Villa.

I'm struggling to remember anything as loud as that. I hope to god the owners were there. If that didn't show them what is possible then nothing will. In front of the Sky cameras aswell.

First 15 was very Bournemouth like. They were quick and first to everything and I feared for things again. Difference being (and that probably was the difference between winning and losing) we didn't concede early , got a foot hold in the game and grew into it. So much so that the half was ours in the end. A deserved one nil lead. I like our willingness to take a quick free kick . We did it a few times.

Second half was at times a bit like Spurs with us keeping our shape under pressure, difference being it wasnt Spurs it was Everton so despite the two chances they had (hitting the post and Walcott) it didn't feel inevitable that a goal was coming. And we looked very very dangerous when we broke away.

So many positives player wise. Freddie looked rapid, Mings, Engels, Wesley . But SJM !!!!!.
He has made the step to premier league with ease . What a player. The guy is going to be a club legend.
Intelligent management from Deano again . SJ and SJM switched sides in the middle of first half and we seemed to cope better. Subs made at the right time and in the right areas.

But back to the atmosphere.. I only very occasionally dabble in other areas of the ground from my usual seat in the HL and the other stands are not the best for fan involvement in terms of singing etc. But looking around late in the game with Allez Allez reverberating the whole ground was up, right to the back of the Trinity upper. Genuine hair on the back of the neck stuff.

But despite this. Perspective. It's only 3 points. One win. We have lost two games . We can't get carried away.
But this win was so crucial in my view. Like I said previously, there are not must win games this early in the season but there are must win points. We needed to get up and running and fast. To give players and fans confidence that we belong in the league otherwise its easy to get into a losing cycle. It's an unforgiving league. With all the new players that are pretty young and inexperienced in this league the first win is massive.

Oh......and did I mention the atmosphere ?

Last edited:
Jota was immense, great to have a tricky player again! Every pass from him seemed dangerous. To me, I was surprised that Wesley got man of the match. Well taken goal, but I just didn't notice him all that much for the rest of the time, other than her to g caught out offside. Shows how blind I am! Mings, Engels, even Dougie however I did notice.

Wow! Thought Wesley was absolutely immense. The goal was the icing on the cake, but his hold up play and the way he brought the rest of the team into everything was a masterclass in lone striker play. Couldn’t fault him. Mings and especially Engels we’re awesome, but thought that Douglas was a passenger for most of the game. Funny how differently people see a game. ??

Wonderful night. No - a wonderful, wonderful night! Somebody mentioned not since MON have we had such a night but you have to further back than that to Andy Gray, Brian, Dennis and Gordon days. And even then I don’t think I’ve experienced anything like that.
The giant has awakened and given the right ownership now, the sky really is the limit. I may be a little carried away but who cares, I’ve waited a long time. And in Wesley an almighty new hero is born.