Aston Villa v Everton Match Thread - Official Innit | Vital Football

Aston Villa v Everton Match Thread - Official Innit

Obvs I'd love a win but can see another loss and full on VV meltdown with some people clawing at their faces and screaming uncontrollably about how shit Wesley is and any other scapegoats they can point the finger at.

Likely to be a tough few weeks but we’ve got to hang in there.

Neither SJG nor deano have been at their best yet, hopefully their Villa credentials will buy them some time.

Everton look much stronger than Bournemouth, the snake didn’t even make the bench for their win over Watford.

Hopefully deano and Jesus are already identifying players to bring in as the January cavalry.

Obvs I'd love a win but can see another loss and full on VV meltdown with some people clawing at their faces and screaming uncontrollably about how shit Wesley is and any other scapegoats they can point the finger at.
Have faith crimson, this is the one. Lessons will have been learned and lady luck will shine for a change. Meltdowns out !

Likely to be a tough few weeks but we’ve got to hang in there.

Neither SJG nor deano have been at their best yet, hopefully their Villa credentials will buy them some time.

Everton look much stronger than Bournemouth, the snake didn’t even make the bench for their win over Watford.

Hopefully deano and Jesus are already identifying players to bring in as the January cavalry.

Delph is injured shock horror.

Just don't get why Guilbert & Targett not getting anywhere near starting.

I presume DS didn't want wholesale changes of the back four so early (introducing Heaton and Engels was enough to begin with?) - he went for experience against Spurs and Elmo and Taylor did well enough not to be dropped against Bournemouth. Targett at least made the bench on Saturday.

Or perhaps Guilbert has so far not shown himself to be the player they thought they were getting back in January? I thought he looked good pre-season, so it is a bit of a head-scratcher that he's not yet been involved at all.

I liked Guilbert preseason, might be a better defender than Elmo. That said, for me Elmo is the best crosser of a ball in the club. Didn’t put a foot wrong in the playoffs or the ACoN, so hard to see how he deserves to be dropped.
Contrast that with Taylor, I’ve thought he was terrible for most of his time here but also think it’s between him and SJM for our best player in the first two games.
Have gone for a 1-4 defeat in the prediction thread because expect deano to listen to calls to play target. From the admittedly little we saw of him pre season, the bloke is a defensive liability. Hope I’m wrong

I'd take a draw just so we can get a point on the board. I know its only 2 games but the last thing we want is to go 3 or 4 games with nothing. Thats when the confidence will start to take a battering.

I see another performance with promise but sadly another defeat in our steep learning curve. I also see a poor reaction from certain sections of the crowd if we do lose. It was there in pockets on Saturday and sadly will only increase, Had a right go at a couple of culprits myself

Fine margins in our first two games; we can easily nudge things in our favour. Everton are strong on paper but don't appear to be on fire; that can change of course. Cut out the stupid errors of the last game and I fancy us to be competitive, with a reasonable chance of a win.

Wonder if DS will stick with the same team. There's something to be said for not disturbing the bedding in process. At some point I'd like to see Guilbert and Jota on the right, but it doesn't have to be this one. It'll be the usual 4-3-3; we have a style and it won't get binned.

This one will be a big win for the good guys. No more silly mistakes. The front 3 will be tighter. Sky Sports will be shocked.

I've read people wanting El Ghazi to be dropped. With Smith seemingly trying to build/maintain relationships, I'd be surprised if Trezeguet becomes our left-side outlet. So with the options limited, particularly with Kodjia likely to be absent again, I wonder whether Targett might get a chance there. He has experience playing higher up the pitch for Southampton too.

I liked Guilbert preseason, might be a better defender than Elmo. That said, for me Elmo is the best crosser of a ball in the club. Didn’t put a foot wrong in the playoffs or the ACoN, so hard to see how he deserves to be dropped.
Contrast that with Taylor, I’ve thought he was terrible for most of his time here but also think it’s between him and SJM for our best player in the first two games.
Have gone for a 1-4 defeat in the prediction thread because expect deano to listen to calls to play target. From the admittedly little we saw of him pre season, the bloke is a defensive liability. Hope I’m wrong
I think you are wrong onlyteaminthemids, however I have just followed a car along the road with the registration AV14. Gulp.