Match Thread: Rotherham United v Lincoln City | Page 28 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Rotherham United v Lincoln City

If you cast the net a bit wider, several other actors associated with the county: Jim Broadbent, Jennifer Saunders, David Mitchell.

Seriously? Boole invented Boolean logic that underpins the theory used to develop the very device you are typing on.

Banks was the founder president of the Royal Academy and served for decades in that role. Out of interest, he presided over the decision to establish convict colonies in Australia after Viriginia (the original destination) was lost after the American Revolution.
Remember doing it at Uni. I would struggle with it now and/or not have a clue these days.

I created a quiz for the pupils, now known as the Lincoln Quiz. There are 20 questions and I offered some outrageous prize for anyone gaining 20 correct.

Starts off with what colour is Robin Hood famous for wearing. Then a few more until it hits home that all the answers are Lincoln.

And then, in the latter ten questions are those that are obviously Lincoln. Except they aren't.

Where is the race known as the Lincoln run?

Where is the Lincoln Centre of Modern Art?

Where is the park that Linkin Park are named after....

Curiously, no prizes yet....

Always give out lots of chocolate though.k

Still don't get the sniffy attitude towards the Cowleys, so what if they're former teachers? They clearly know what they're doing and do they have any less right to be in football management than Lampard and Gerrard who played 100+ times for England.
I think being former pe teachers is their great advantage as they understand all sports and took the best bits from other sports to help gain us those small margins.

And of course as we all know, they were footballers who then went into teaching.
And I'm guessing their Dad was a footballer too as he has always done match analysis for them from the start?

Yeah the communication skills of the Cowleys are exceptional , great point Perth and NGD .
Again something that teaching would have given them that being an ex pro wouldn't.
The interview Rod Whiting did with Nicky that was on the radio before the game was excellent, pity we don't hear from Nicky as he gives a great interview.
Was their dad a footballer? I honestly don't know.

If you cast the net a bit wider, several other actors associated with the county: Jim Broadbent, Jennifer Saunders, David Mitchell.

David Mitchell? The very lucky sod who got to marry Vicky Coren??
Not sure he's from Lincs, but his comedy partner Robert Webb is from Woodhall Spa.