Match Thread: Rotherham United v Lincoln City | Page 32 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Rotherham United v Lincoln City

Rod Temperton was most likely a Cod as he came from Cleethorpes.
I'm guessing Blundell Park was hardly foremost in his mind though when he wrote Thriller...

Born in Cleethorpes and grew up in Market Rasen. Went to the De Aston School in Rasen.

His first job was at Ross Frozen Foods in Grimsby which was probably a Thriller for him.

It's amazing how many of Micheal Jackson's hits Rod Temperton wrote when you look at it. Not only Thriller which is probably Jacko's most famous hit but also Rock with You, Off The Wall, Baby be Mine, The Lady in my Life. Oh and he also wrote Yah mo B there for James Ingram :grinning:

Last edited:
Sleaford I believe.
Born in Sleaford, brought up in Owmby-by-Spital. His brother Tony went to De Aston (and was something of the star at the school both academically and sportingly) but Bernie didn't otherwise, with Rod Temperton, De Aston would have quite a musical legacy.

Rod Temperton seemed like a nice unaffected guy and certainly attended the odd anniversary at De Aston; I think my father shared a table with him at something like the 125th anniversary in the late 1980s.

Born in Cleethorpes and grew up in Market Rasen. Went to the De Aston School in Rasen.

His first job was at Ross Frozen Foods in Grimsby which was probably a Thriller for him.

It's amazing how many of Micheal Jackson's hits Rod Temperton wrote when you look at it. Not only Thriller which is probably Jacko's most famous hit but also Rock with You, Off The Wall, Baby be Mine, The Lady in my Life. Oh and he also wrote Yah mo B there for James Ingram :grinning:

Indeed.
And always amazes me how little he seems to be known.

Meanwhile, back in the world of football.

Here's an interesting thought. Many people have spotted that Saturday's win took us into a third tier promotion spot for the first time in thirty-six years. But there is more: thirty-two years ago, Lincoln became the first victims of automatic relegation from the Football League. Since that time, a significant number of clubs have won promotion to the League for the first time (Wycombe, Crawley, Fleetwood etc): some have since been relegated back to non-league football (Yeovil, Aldershot Town, Barnet), some no longer exist (Scarborough, Maidstone), but many are still there (thirteen to be precise). Saturday's win took Lincoln back above all of them for the first time.

Meanwhile, back in the world of football.

Here's an interesting thought. Many people have spotted that Saturday's win took us into a third tier promotion spot for the first time in thirty-six years. But there is more: thirty-two years ago, Lincoln became the first victims of automatic relegation from the Football League. Since that time, a significant number of clubs have won promotion to the League for the first time (Wycombe, Crawley, Fleetwood etc): some have since been relegated back to non-league football (Yeovil, Aldershot Town, Barnet), some no longer exist (Scarborough, Maidstone), but many are still there (thirteen to be precise). Saturday's win took Lincoln back above all of them for the first time.

Now that really is a great stat. Back above all of them for the first time since relegation in 1987. If that isn't a sign of how our club has changed beyond recognition since the Cowleys got here then I don't know what is!