Match Thread: Rotherham United v Lincoln City | Page 30 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Rotherham United v Lincoln City

Oh no apparently we dragged Rotherham down to our level and beat them.

Perhaps they should sign Gareth Bale as I am sure Rotherham is the natural progress from Real Madrid.

I had the misfortune to work in Rotherham for a bit in the mid 2000s. I would describe it as third world. I chose to drive over from the green and pleasant land then live there. I am not sure why or how they got this arrogance? Perhaps they never leave the scrap yard so don’t know any better?

It is interesting how many times I have read that Rotherham have a squad full of Championship players, because they don't really. Other than a handful who made appearances for them last season as they were relegated, only Shaun MacDonald and Joe Mattock of yesterday's starting line up have substantial experience of the Championship. The majority have backgrounds in Leagues One and Two. Even record signing Freddie Ladapo has only made one of his 96 league appearances above the lower divisions (and that was 16 minutes in the Premier League). They have a good squad, but certainly not full of Championship players.

It is interesting how many times I have read that Rotherham have a squad full of Championship players, because they don't really. Other than a handful who made appearances for them last season as they were relegated, only Shaun MacDonald and Joe Mattock of yesterday's starting line up have substantial experience of the Championship. The majority have backgrounds in Leagues One and Two. Even record signing Freddie Ladapo has only made one of his 96 league appearances above the lower divisions (and that was 16 minutes in the Premier League). They have a good squad, but certainly not full of Championship players.

Physically strong,playing the big punt forward constantly,one up top at home,no width,defensively naive from set plays and most of them shooting at goal couldn`t hit a barn door with a cow`s arse.
The one positive Rotherham can take from yesterday was that their defender put that og away with all the skills of a 30 goal a season striker.
laughed my arse off as it hit the onion bag!...decent contact on the ball from quite close to the goal line.......stick him up front?

OG does the business...............is he still playing for free like this new Welsh lad?

Gutted I couldn't be there, but what a win! I was hoping for a draw but an away win and clean sheet is very very impressive.

Still only two games in so not trying to get too far ahead, but things are looking good. 44 points to go (though in reality 40 more will probably do it).

There`s always next Saturday and i feel Southend could be in for a real shafting.

bookies giving 4/5 and 5/6 on a Lincoln victory.

Last edited:
Are we opening a discussion as to what being from Lincoln means? I consider myself as from Lincoln but was actually born in Langworth. Do I qualify ( not that I'm famous or anything but just to be a bit pedantic)

i don't think we have got anybody born in Lincoln that is well known. Let's be proud of that fact.

My mate one told someone he was from Lincoln. The reply was "Isn't that the place everyone leaves?"
I'm originally from nearer Newark, but thankfully from the right side of the Shire dyke. I always tell people I'm from Lincoln!

My mate one told someone he was from Lincoln. The reply was "Isn't that the place everyone leaves?"
I'm originally from nearer Newark, but thankfully from the right side of the Shire dyke. I always tell people I'm from Lincoln!
Nothing wrong in being on the other side of the shire if you support the Mighty Imps

i don't think we have got anybody born in Lincoln that is well known. Let's be proud of that fact.

The guy out of the Fast Show. Does a Shakespearean voice every now and then. Supports the Imps.