Transfer rumors | Page 315 | Vital Football

Transfer rumors

Virgil Gomis has signed for Macclesfield on loan.

Hope we are paying his wages because they can't. He'll be the only player there taking home any wagew

Virgil Gomis has signed for Macclesfield on loan.

Hope we are paying his wages because they can't. He'll be the only player there taking home any wagew

Saw Gomis play for Notts. OK he's only young, but he couldn't even keep his place in the Notts team, so he has a long way to go before he's useful here.

Strange to let Soudani and Ansarifard go but fail to sign a striker (apart from Mir who looks promising).

Despite the scattergun approach, some method seems to lurk behind the madness

- a keeper the manager trusts in case Muric is a dud (we seem to have decided to ditch Pantilimon)

- various options to replace Colback

- a decent RB as Darikwa's crocked

-taller players so we don't get bullied so easily

My initial reaction to Lamouchi's appointment was 'Montanier Mk 2', but that was a flippant comment. I'm happy to back the manager and the team, as always.

Let's see where we are ten games in.

Bullying?!?! Lol ok

Tried for a striker my Arse

It’s always the same shit...plenty of options but we wanted cheap...1 injury to Grabban and manager is toast by october

They signed another dozen players, it’s folly to think they didn’t try for a striker as well. That’s not to say I rate the signings, mostly I don’t, but it seems daft to surmise there was no effort to sign a striker. Chill out vital. FTID.

Strange to let Soudani and Ansarifard go but fail to sign a striker (apart from Mir who looks promising).

Despite the scattergun approach, some method seems to lurk behind the madness
lmfao you must be strawberry avenger talking such twoddle

I honestly think we have signed so many in the hope that one or two turn out to be gems. They will be offered longer contracts with the rest being let go or released.

Bizarre way to do business. Hopefully the end of the European and L1 and L2 window will show that there was a plan after all... ?

If we'd bought in players in positions that we need while doing that, I could go with it if Marinakis can fund it and make it work with FFP, which he seems to do with these odd ins and outs for a profit.

But having 5 keepers, nearly 50 players and only 1 proven goal getting striker. It's a bit worrying.

I honestly think we have signed so many in the hope that one or two turn out to be gems. They will be offered longer contracts with the rest being let go or released.

Bizarre way to do business. Hopefully the end of the European and L1 and L2 window will show that there was a plan after all... ?

Pity Semedo is on loan. He looks like would have made the policy work out, gonna be worth a few quid one day I'd have thought.

Pity Semedo is on loan. He looks like would have made the policy work out, gonna be worth a few quid one day I'd have thought.
I am undecided about Semedo. He looks decent as a deep lying or defensive midfielder but for all the comments about his ‘marauding’ runs, I thought he just looked laboured and lumbering.

Hopefully that’s just a fitness thing but I will withhold judgement for now.

I am undecided about Semedo. He looks decent as a deep lying or defensive midfielder but for all the comments about his ‘marauding’ runs, I thought he just looked laboured and lumbering.

Hopefully that’s just a fitness thing but I will withhold judgement for now.

That's why i would play him in front of the back 4 and drop Watson.

I don't think he looks laboured, just awkward, and he covers a lot of ground defensively, that last ditch tackle against Leeds could well have been a point winner.

I'd play a 4-1-4-1 as a defensive shape, pushing into a 4-1-2-3 in attack.

I just think we've got enough midfielders that if Semedo can cover enough ground back there in a Kante type role, then we can get a decent pairing that will cover the middle of the park and have enough creativity as well.