Transfer rumors | Page 314 | Vital Football

Transfer rumors

Not that simple... fees, wage demands and the fact that we need to offload 2 strikers.

There's still 'free agents' but, that pool is a much smaller one.

With the right service, a fit & happy Grabban is as good as most strikers in the division. We just have to hope that he stays fit and he gets the service.

Having Carvalho back will help with that, but can't imagine he'd be ready for Leeds.

Lot of 'ifs' there...doesn't exactly scream good planning and strategy.

We also did offload a striker, allegedly at a decent profit. Perhaps we shouldn't be spending that money on 42 keepers and midfielders we have little use for but will need shifting once more in 12 months.

Have you given him the call yet chap? He told me he’s been at the Coventry train station for the last 4 hours waiting for someone wearing a
White chiffon scarf to help him recognise you?
He can't call him chap if he has been sent to Coventry!

Lot of 'ifs' there...doesn't exactly scream good planning and strategy.

We also did offload a striker, allegedly at a decent profit. Perhaps we shouldn't be spending that money on 42 keepers and midfielders we have little use for but will need shifting once more in 12 months.

I can't disagree, we now have to leave it to Minnie to do what he's being paid for.

I will give him credit for clarifying situations when asked, my biggest worry is that we'll take too long to settle and by then, we're playing catch up.

Signing so many is disruptive, impossible to keep that many happy and it'll be weeks before he finds the right permutation - chopping & changing players has been the downfall of many and time is not something given to NFFC managers!

I can't disagree, we now have to leave it to Minnie to do what he's being paid for.

I will give him credit for clarifying situations when asked, my biggest worry is that we'll take too long to settle and by then, we're playing catch up.

Signing so many is disruptive, impossible to keep that many happy and it'll be weeks before he finds the right permutation - chopping & changing players has been the downfall of many and time is not something given to NFFC managers!
I honestly think we have signed so many in the hope that one or two turn out to be gems. They will be offered longer contracts with the rest being let go or released.

Bizarre way to do business. Hopefully the end of the European and L1 and L2 window will show that there was a plan after all... ?

Perfectly happy with us being positive with a 4-3-3, if we can make it positive.

Not sure if our players have the discipline for it though. Also not sure we have the players to cope with just one DCM. Watson could not cope with the amount of work that needed doing

4-3-3 will be Lamouchi’s go too formation
I would expect a midfield 3 of Bostock, Semedo and Silva .
Front 3 of lolly Grabs and Joao (free role)
(I also think Mir will turn out too be good)
This gives us Pace ,power ,skill ,directness and a finisher if this clicks we could really put some teams to the sword . Joao had a free role against boro last season and look what happened he also pressed the ball really well in that game and thats how Lamouchi plays .

I'd say on so far, his go to formation will be 4-2-3-1. Of your midfield 3, the only one I'd be reasonably confident about is Bostock. Massive question Mark's over the other two as it stands.

Can't help notice that you are far more fiery than previously Will.Have you frequented the allotment recently chap?

4-3-3 will be Lamouchi’s go too formation
I would expect a midfield 3 of Bostock, Semedo and Silva .
Front 3 of lolly Grabs and Joao (free role)
(I also think Mir will turn out too be good)
This gives us Pace ,power ,skill ,directness and a finisher if this clicks we could really put some teams to the sword . Joao had a free role against boro last season and look what happened he also pressed the ball really well in that game and thats how Lamouchi plays .

I think Mir will be ok too.

Assuming Muric has got his bad game out of the way (& Chema fit)..... 4-4-1-1

----------Muric---------------

Jenks - Milo - Chema - Robbo

Cash - Sow - Bostock - Lolley

------------Carv--------------

------------Grabbs----------

Clearly, we have real depth to the squad...

at CH, Dawson, Worrall & Figgy (plus Loony when fit). Just Ribeiro at FB (but Richardson highly thought of)

Adomah, Appiah & Ameobi for the wings.

Watson, Yacob, Yates (when fit) & Semedo as CM.

Silva for Carvs (plus Johnson).

Worryingly just Mir & Grabbs as strikers.

Strange to let Soudani and Ansarifard go but fail to sign a striker (apart from Mir who looks promising).

Despite the scattergun approach, some method seems to lurk behind the madness

- a keeper the manager trusts in case Muric is a dud (we seem to have decided to ditch Pantilimon)

- various options to replace Colback

- a decent RB as Darikwa's crocked

-taller players so we don't get bullied so easily

My initial reaction to Lamouchi's appointment was 'Montanier Mk 2', but that was a flippant comment. I'm happy to back the manager and the team, as always.

Let's see where we are ten games in.

Don't know if we were interested, but Will called for Benik Afobe, and he would have been ideal to play the lone striker role or challenge Grabban. Either way, Bristol City were in the driving seat financially due to selling a few of their assests for a big profit.

Not sure when he moved into midfield. This is from the Post

Brennan Johnson has been urged to get among the goals by his dad - even if he expects to ply his trade with Nottingham Forest in midfield.
The 18-year-old was previously a striker like his father before him, but has more recently evolved into a deeper role.