Transfer rumors | Page 313 | Vital Football

Transfer rumors

It’s funny how it’s a poor window and yet has we signed Colback and say... Gayle or Andre Gray, I think we’d have pretty much all been pretty excited for the season. This tells you that we were only ever 3/4 players away from being complete!

It’s funny how it’s a poor window and yet has we signed Colback and say... Gayle or Andre Gray, I think we’d have pretty much all been pretty excited for the season. This tells you that we were only ever 3/4 players away from being complete!
Just sign those two and Jenkinson and none of the others and I think we would all have been happy

"The" front three?

He played a crap 4-1-4-1 last time out

Missed the game (1st home game missed for years) as we were away on holiday - ludicrous to start so early in August.

I'd say I watched it on TV, but had too many beers and signal was crap.

I think we have the personnel for a 4-3-3, but understand the 4-1-4-1 'should' make us defensively more solid... just need a decent GK!

Missed the game (1st home game missed for years) as we were away on holiday - ludicrous to start so early in August.

I'd say I watched it on TV, but had too many beers and signal was crap.

I think we have the personnel for a 4-3-3, but understand the 4-1-4-1 'should' make us defensively more solid... just need a decent GK!

Perfectly happy with us being positive with a 4-3-3, if we can make it positive.

Not sure if our players have the discipline for it though. Also not sure we have the players to cope with just one DCM. Watson could not cope with the amount of work that needed doing

Utter bollocks statement if true. There were plenty of more than decent strikers available so we either didn’t try or didn’t try hard enough.

Not that simple... fees, wage demands and the fact that we need to offload 2 strikers.

There's still 'free agents' but, that pool is a much smaller one.

With the right service, a fit & happy Grabban is as good as most strikers in the division. We just have to hope that he stays fit and he gets the service.

Having Carvalho back will help with that, but can't imagine he'd be ready for Leeds.

FFP means that not only do you have to have the money but the expenditure has to be within certain limits over a three year period. Feel Forest are not going for broke this year as stadium will have a 20,000 limit for a significant part of next year. The aim for this year is to develop, get a good shape and the basis of a top team, finish in top 6 and go for it next year.

FFP means that not only do you have to have the money but the expenditure has to be within certain limits over a three year period. Feel Forest are not going for broke this year as stadium will have a 20,000 limit for a significant part of next year. The aim for this year is to develop, get a good shape and the basis of a top team, finish in top 6 and go for it next year.

Somebody best tell the owner Polly. He wants promotion. Apparently.

Personally, I'd keep Murphy or Cummings now, just as cover - we'd be paying part of their wages anyway, coupled with any other striker.

We then review in January, but at least it doesn't leave us short of players upfront.

Hopefully, we will see some players leave too!

I think Murphy is shot now, so would give Cummings an opportunity if we aren't bringing anyone in on loan.
Ameobi looked absolutely rubbish as a central striker in that last friendly though, so I wouldn't be counting on him in that position.

Not that simple... fees, wage demands and the fact that we need to offload 2 strikers.

There's still 'free agents' but, that pool is a much smaller one.

With the right service, a fit & happy Grabban is as good as most strikers in the division. We just have to hope that he stays fit and he gets the service.

Having Carvalho back will help with that, but can't imagine he'd be ready for Leeds.
Grabban’s history suggests he won’t play a full season so instead of signing so many midfielders we could have brought in a half decent striker.

There were plenty about both to loan or buy.

I think Murphy is shot now, so would give Cummings an opportunity if we aren't bringing anyone in on loan.
Ameobi looked absolutely rubbish as a central striker in that last friendly though, so I wouldn't be counting on him in that position.

Loan?? The window is closed. It's only those on free's.