Match Thread: Forest Vs Boro, sponsored by Andy Marley's decision making skills | Page 5 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Forest Vs Boro, sponsored by Andy Marley's decision making skills

So replace Cash with Byram, and Ansarifard with Grabban?

Next year who would you play as the back 3? Worral, Figi, Daws (or Milo?)

Tony Pulis:

"I'm disappointed. We played with forwards on the pitch today, more forward-thinking players than I've ever played, and you want them to do a lot more going forward.
:rotfl:

From where did performance came from !!! It seems that today MoN hit the jackpot...formation was spot on, Boro never given a sniff. Players all if them up to it...in half an hour Karim dus more tge Murohy in 4 games...the guy needs a run of games, not fair to judge him on cameo appearances..Carvalho ?...it seems it was warm today as his second half was reminiscent of September...Yates nd Pele dominated the midfield...a midfield that contained a certain Obi Mickel...Wague nd Milos solid...well done to all...hope we repeat with similar performances v QPR nd Bolton...so MoN will work on the summer...

Just watching Leeds totally blow promotion away to Brentford.

3 PTS behind Sheffield.

2-0 down to Brentford.

Blades' next game is at Ipswich.

Leeds have bottled it
Bamford is having a bit of a mare.Looks like they may well be playing Derby in the play offs.Who will sign Maupay next season?

From where did performance came from !!! It seems that today MoN hit the jackpot...formation was spot on, Boro never given a sniff. Players all if them up to it...in half an hour Karim dus more tge Murohy in 4 games...the guy needs a run of games, not fair to judge him on cameo appearances..Carvalho ?...it seems it was warm today as his second half was reminiscent of September...Yates nd Pele dominated the midfield...a midfield that contained a certain Obi Mickel...Wague nd Milos solid...well done to all...hope we repeat with similar performances v QPR nd Bolton...so MoN will work on the summer...

Anisfarad was shit. He was marginally better than a turgid Murphy but he was no game winner.

Anisfarad was shit. He was marginally better than a turgid Murphy but he was no game winner.
Game winner maybe not, but he hassled their defence all the time..nd was were you want him on two occassions nd had one shot deviated to corner...can you pls tell me what Murphy nd Grabban were doing special in the last half a dozen games that they played?... this fella barely plays nd it seems people expect him to play like Aguero...

Tony Pulis:

"I'm disappointed. We played with forwards on the pitch today, more forward-thinking players than I've ever played, and you want them to do a lot more going forward.
:rotfl:
The full interview points out that they only had two fit defenders so he had to field an attacking line up.

Be that as it may we still had to beat what was in front of us and we did it in style.

I can’t forget the dross that has gone before and this game highlights what we could have achieved. BUT if this is what we are aiming for then I will be delighted.

There is a long way back for MoN but a few more performances like this will certainly help.

This wasn’t a 3-0 a la Hull where we played for 20 minutes, this was a proper annihilation job of a more than decent team. From start to finish and pretty much from front to back we beat them in every department.

Best performance of the season? I am struggling to think of a better one...

Game winner maybe not, but he hassled their defence all the time..nd was were you want him on two occassions nd had one shot deviated to corner...can you pls tell me what Murphy nd Grabban were doing special in the last half a dozen games that they played?... this fella barely plays nd it seems people expect him to play like Aguero...

No, not Aguero. But to get in the team he needs to be better than Murphy and Grabban and he wasn't. But for their keeper Grabban would have had two today

Thought Anisfarad did a decent enough job, won the pen should have bagged one for himself but the keeper pulled of a good save. No one played badly which makes a change from everyone played badly, the formation worked a treat gave lolley and carvhallo more licence to drift into space. Both wing backs did their job still lacking a decent final ball, Ozzy should have scored. 3 centre backs all looked solid with Robbo actually bringing the ball out and finding a red shirt, Yates and Pele were also very good in closing down and retaining the ball Yates was everywhere. Carvhallo was majestic playing some sublime passes and so unlucky not to score, lolley also was on form they didn't know what to do with both of them.

Still not convinced he's the man for the job it's taken so many truly awful games to get to one very good performance, see if he can carry on from here and I will change my mind.

Just watching Leeds totally blow promotion away to Brentford.

3 PTS behind Sheffield.

2-0 down to Brentford.

Blades' next game is at Ipswich.

Leeds have bottled it
Just shows you how bad the refereeing is in the Championship. Bamford should have had a nailed on penalty, and Derby’s was never a penalty in a million years. To answer your Shotton question (I wasn’t there) I think the ref gave a yellow because Mikel was on the line. Not saying that’s right, but what can you do.

It is that double jeopardy rule, the pen is apparently enough of a punishment so they give a yellow.

Much better performance. Looked as though we were fighting for the play off place and Boro had nothing to play for.

Boro were awful though. Which made us look really good. Our formation helped and the inclusion of Carvalho helped everything knit together.

Why he's decided to play to our strengths now though, is anybody's guess.

Was particularly nice to see Lolley lifting Carvalho into the air after the the third goal.