Match Thread: Forest Vs Boro, sponsored by Andy Marley's decision making skills | Page 4 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Forest Vs Boro, sponsored by Andy Marley's decision making skills

Scored another, hopefully if they do get in they get battered by villa.

QPR would've been flat after the peno so not surprised. 90+11 though...wtf happened there...I thought it was just Norwich who were allowed to play until they scored!

How did Osborn and Cash look as wing backs?

Seems to make a lot of sense to me. I'm not convinced that either are creative or decisive enough to be regularly featuring further up the pitch in a side that wants to challenge, but I still rate both of them for the energy and commitment they can bring to the side.

Absolutely excellent performance. 5 or 6 wouldn't have flattered us and zero threat from them.
Carvhalo, Pele and Yates were awesome, totally dominating Boro. Three at the back solid, even Robo who is generally shit. Cash and Ozzy excellent in the wing back roles. That could be the way forward for those two.
Lolley also very good. The only disappointment for me was Ansarifard, who was terrible.
Beautiful football played with not a single aimless punt CP. The CB's definitely able to play it out.
Lynx very quite after his comments at the beginning of the thread?

That was 1000 times better than anything we've seen recently. If we'd have won 5 or 6 nil it wouldn't have flattered us.

Best attacking performance from an individual player I have seen in some time from Carvalho. Can't remember many standing ovations lasting as long as the one he got. Fans making a point to the manager.

If that game isn't a wake up call for MoN that if we play our best players we will have a much better chance of winning then we've no hope. It's just a pity that sort of team selection and performance has come when it's too late.

If we see some similar stuff over the final 2 games it will give me a glimour of hope for next season

How did Osborn and Cash look as wing backs?

Seems to make a lot of sense to me. I'm not convinced that either are creative or decisive enough to be regularly featuring further up the pitch in a side that wants to challenge, but I still rate both of them for the energy and commitment they can bring to the side.

Os was good. I thought Cash was our worst performer; he was flagging early in the second half

Every one of us who has questioned O'Neill need to really reflect on that.

That was the performance of the season by some way. I would say it is the best I have seen forest play since we beat Arsenal, and since god knows when in the League.

The new formation absolutely tore Boro apart. 20 shots, 9 on target to their 3 and 1. Their keeper will still make the team of the week for two absolutely outstanding saves. Just been listening to Pantillimon in the car who personally congratulated Randolph. This, remember, was a man who picked the ball out of his net three times.

Osborn and Cash did very well as wingbacks. Truth be told, I didn't feel they were severely tested defensively. With Cash there is little end product, and Osborn missed a chance he should have scored (or set up a tap in for Grabban) but they still got forward extremely well. Other teams might peg them back more, but having said that, this was the 6th best team in the division. Was.

having Lolley and Carv in the double free floating role worked a treat. They went where they could do damage and brought everyone else into the game. Both tortured the Boro team.

Special mention has to go to Carvalho. I can't remember that level of individual adulation of a single player for years, but it was fully deserved. He looked every inch a £13m player, ran the show and gave the entire Boro team nightmares. He tore them apart, and when the ball drifted away from him their respite was Joe Lolley, who did much the same. Maybe it won't work against other sides, but again- this was the 6th best team in the league.

Ansarifard I thought was average to poor. A couple of good turns but also lost the ball and wasn't on the wavelength. Grabban was instantly better and a constant threat to Boro. He had two shots very well saved.

This was not hoofball nonsense. This was relentless, merciless attacking football. Boro barely threatened because they could barely get into our final third. No one can argue we were only good for 20 minutes of this. After the first ten I was surprised how good we were. This was a 90 minute performance.

If THIS is an indication of the final product MON wants to achieve then sign me up and I won't be the only one to see the light. For those debating this morning that our players just aren't good enough- well, they are

Fantastic performance. A formation that really suits us, great passing, great creativity and made a quality team look ordinary. Carvalho was absolute class!

MON has found a formula that works and which utilises really well the players at our disposal. It generated some great football. We should have had six!

Cash did stay on his feet a bit better today but hes no wing back. The sun and beer might be getting to me chaps, but I am actually glad I renewed.

Special mention to the fans today who were in fine voice.

Didnt hear too many voices in support of MoN before or after the whistle.

Last edited:
Absolutely excellent performance. 5 or 6 wouldn't have flattered us and zero threat from them.
Carvhalo, Pele and Yates were awesome, totally dominating Boro. Three at the back solid, even Robo who is generally shit. Cash and Ozzy excellent in the wing back roles. That could be the way forward for those two.
Lolley also very good. The only disappointment for me was Ansarifard, who was terrible.
Beautiful football played with not a single aimless punt CP. The CB's definitely able to play it out.
Lynx very quite after his comments at the beginning of the thread?
Only just finished work chap. More than happy to be proved wrong today, as I've already posted on another thread. One game isn't enough to change my mind, but balls to that for today. I'm happy to just enjoy a good result and by the sounds of it a very good performance, and credit where it's due. Long may I continue to be proved wrong Hardy ?

Also, can anyone explain to me exactly why Ryan Shotton was still on the pitch?

It was astonishing wasn't it? The only thing I can think of is that he wasn't sent off because we were awarded the penalty - to award the pen and send him off is a double punishment? Haven't they changed the rule?

It was astonishing wasn't it? The only thing I can think of is that he wasn't sent off because we were awarded the penalty - to award the pen and send him off is a double punishment? Haven't they changed the rule?
Nope, happened yesterday, Luton Vs Accrington. Evtimov was sent off and a penalty given