Match Thread: Forest Vs Boro, sponsored by Andy Marley's decision making skills | Vital Football

Match Thread: Forest Vs Boro, sponsored by Andy Marley's decision making skills

Pope John XXIII

Vital Football Legend
So, we are playing Boro tomorrow.

They are better than us. In most positions. They are also much better away from home. They are also on a run of three straight wins, which we haven't managed for around 500 years.

But, they are team built around defence and half of it is missing. Daniel Ayala has decided not to break a habit of a lifetime and will be injured for a game at the CG.

George Friend joins him alongside a guy called Dael Fry who apparently is also important to them but I've never heard of.

Did you know that John Obi Mikel plays for them? Pretty sure he scored against us in that dismal Chelsea FA cup game 200 years ago.

They have Jordan Hugill up front, who is good. They also have Britt Assombalonga, who is also very good and super motivated to score like he always is against us.

They think of their manager much the same way as we think about ours.

We'll be missing Colback and Benalouane, alongside the 27 other players who are either injured or who O'Neill just doesn't like the face of.

They are good away, we are better at home. We cant score, their defence is all injured.

A win will probably guarantee O'Neill the summer transfer window and will let Derby into the playoff picture.

The worst possible result is a draw- it does nothing for us points wise, doesn't answer the manager situation and still helps Derby.

A defeat would be our 5th straight. Not sure when the last time we had that was. We play QPR next, in what may well be Mark Warburton's first game as their manager, so a 6th defeat in a row would look made in the stars. But at least it would screw over Derby

In other news, Notts are away at Crawley. If they lose and Macc win their home game against Newport then we are very likely to be the oldest league club in the world

And the autocorrect on my phone has screwed up the sponsor. Sorry

Last edited:
A win will probably guarantee O'Neill the summer transfer window and will let Derby into the playoff picture.

Let’s hope we lose then.

Let us hope we win and Derby lose.To be honest if Villa and Leeds end up in the play offs then I wouldn't fancy any of the others involved.

Can't remember a time when I have ever wanted us to lose a game. But for the reasons stated above, I neither want us to win or draw this one. Sad state of affairs.

Never want us to lose but that would be the best result if only to give the sheep less hope of getting in the play offs, imagine if they did and somehow got up and Liverpool won the prem!

I've thought about it, and want us to lose to scupper Derby's play-off plans. Not proud of myself, but we've nothing to play for.

:sorry:

I want us to lose today too. It doesn't matter for us but the upside is big. Screws the Sheep, new manager for the close season. The problem is, of course, I usually want us to win and we don't so sod's law.....

And today's tombola is a 3-6-1 ish

Pants

Wague, Milosevic, Robinson

Cash, Pele, Yates, Osborn

Carvalho, Lolley

Ansarifard

Cash and Osborn as fullbacks FFS

The only fans who will be more pissed off than us is the Derby fans

Today's not going to be pretty. MoN can claim he's experimenting all he wants, but his team selections have been bobbins well before we were out of play off contention. It feels like he's just started claiming it because he doesn't know what to do and Forest are losing week after week.

what a starting line up !!! ... nice to see how that midfield is going to work out ... risky playing three at the back...I would have retained Yacob in the midfield ... lets see how many chances will Carvalho create ...

what a starting line up !!! ... nice to see how that midfield is going to work out ... risky playing three at the back...I would have retained Yacob in the midfield ... lets see how many chances will Carvalho create ...
I'd suspect very few, playing in a team devoid of confidence and on a terrific losing run, having spent the last few months on the bench with little more than the odd cameo to achieve any match sharpness. Creative players need confidence and regular play, more so than "effort" players in my opinion.

BBC Radio Nott'm on the manager situation - "The fans want success and want it quickly".
No, the fans can see the team going backwards and would prefer to keep moving forwards.