How to beat City...CL 2nd Leg - Manchester United FC (The Sky Blues) vs Tottenham Hotspur | Page 16 | Vital Football

How to beat City...CL 2nd Leg - Manchester United FC (The Sky Blues) vs Tottenham Hotspur

I thought Alli did very well until Sissoko was murdered by DBryne and had to go off. I think Wanyama was also carrying an injury that happened at 5he same time of Sissoko’s injury and was limited for the rest of the match. Add Trips criminal defending to that and yes we didn’t play well. Also, all our attacking pace was compromised by Poch’s tactics with Son and Lucas dropping into defensive roles. It wasn’t pretty but it was a tribute to grit and determination.
Yeah it wasn’t pretty. Dont think pretty beats shitty though

Fair play to Pep in his post match interview. The man is a class act. I remember when we were linked with him back in the day.
As much as I hate losing I cant stand the idea of the bindippers winning the euro and prem double.

I dont know what to say.....:bow::bow:I'm very very proud of my team. I've supported this side since I was given a pannini sticker of Ricky Villa back in 1977. To dare is to do is just a motto but not tonight.
No. The motto tonight is technology rules!!!

I’ve always though the fourth round FACup win over Burnley in 1966 was the most exciting game I’ve ever seen , but I think this beats it . Absolutely buzzing

I'm absolutely ecstatic. Thursday morning here in Brisbane. Just got into the office and I'm as proud of the lads as I've ever been. Haven'y seen the game but was tracking the score on my phone from 5am.
Scoring 3 goals at City deserves passage through to the semi final. Don't really mind who we play next as it will be a tough game.
Well done Poch and all the lads.

A big thank you to the Spurs support who traveled up to Manchester to help us win.

Un-be-freakin-lieveable!! When that would-be Sterling hat-trick goal went in off of Lloris's outstretched boot, I jumped up as if stabbed, but then felt an immediate calm, the thought going through my head at the time was, it was messy, but we gave it our best shot...I walked into another room and heard, from the TV that there's a VAR ruling. I thought "what!" as I legged it back into the living room just in time to see the ref chalk the goal off the scoreboard...WTF! Even the Spurs fans were stunned and not yet fully into celebrating..what a turn of events. I immediately felt vindication from the non-goal call when United's Roy Carroll scooped Pedro Mendes' audacious attempt from the near the half-way line that clearly went in (you all have no idea how much that hurt me that day...I think I can finally lay that incident to rest! (Would have been better if it was against United mind you).

By the way, did the ref give Sissoko a yellow card beause he refused to be stretchered off? If not that, then why did he get one?

I watched Ajax-Juve...those guys are absolutely fearless and have nothing to lose...this is going to be no cakewalk! Injuries and yellow cards will not help our cause.

Come On You Spurs!!!

We played shite if I'm honest, I don't know how we did it. Son took his chances, Llorente did what he is paid for. Hugo played his part but maybe could have done better on a couple. Wanyama was way below standard, Tripps ineffective, Eriksen not at his best and almost gave the goal away ruled out by var. Alli couldn't really get into the game. But I don't care, I'm just justifying we were shite.

Nick you are spot on I watched the game in the pub and it was agony this means if our defence was up to scratch we would have gone through more comfortably

Wow, just wow..
Yet - we beat them at home, with a clean sheet, scored 3 times at their place - and still they and the media expect them to go through! Totally brilliant to recover in the group, beat IM, draw at Barca, beat BD and then this lot... maybe something's happening