Fulham v Tottenham match thread | Page 16 | Vital Football

Fulham v Tottenham match thread

I feel for Llorente because he has been given an impossible task. He's not played hardly at all for a year and a half, he's filling in for arguably the best striker in Europe, he's at the very end of his career at this level and has looked totally void of confidence for a long while.

I think it's harsh for people to expect so much of him under the circumstances. He just isn't the right man for the job and really, he never was.

He doesn't help himself though. He hardly busts a gut for the team. He is a proven CF at a very good level. So he deserves stick for failing. 75k a week mercenary.

The sooner his contract ends the better.

He doesn't help himself though. He hardly busts a gut for the team. He is a proven CF at a very good level. So he deserves stick for failing. 75k a week mercenary.

Too right, I would be certain that Janssen would be more of a threat than him, Janssen puts a lot more effort in as well. Poch is too stubborn to play him now though

Ball played over the top a few times.

Just stands there.

Why is it that criticism is seen by some as disloyalty? We're a professional outfit, good skills, well trained and mostly well paid. To watch a player like Eriksen, for whom I have much respect, play mediocre for most of the game (aside from his cross for the equalizer). Trippier, Lamella were off their game. Llorente was out of his depth. We cannot hope to compete on four fronts with this squad. Potch is brilliant in talking his players up before and after a match, but he is also too smart not to be realistic away from the media. We can't hope to secure a competent striker in this window, so it comes down to priorities. CL is a must.

Llorente absolutely deserves stick. I would have loved to see how much effort a 37 year old Crouch would have put into today's game. He wouldn't even chase a through ball, shut down a player or move for the high balls that he was favourite to win. You don't deserve to, but sort of get away with that if you then get the goals. He didn't.

We all know that if Levy gets someone like Arnautovic in, the agents of Llorente and Janssen will find homes for their players before Jan 31st. With the Dembele money and salary saving, it's a no brainer to try and get 2 or 3 seasons out of him. That's assuming he's not a bad egg. I'm sure people within the club will already know that.

Why is it that criticism is seen by some as disloyalty? We're a professional outfit, good skills, well trained and mostly well paid. To watch a player like Eriksen, for whom I have much respect, play mediocre for most of the game (aside from his cross for the equalizer). Trippier, Lamella were off their game. Llorente was out of his depth. We cannot hope to compete on four fronts with this squad. Potch is brilliant in talking his players up before and after a match, but he is also too smart not to be realistic away from the media. We can't hope to secure a competent striker in this window, so it comes down to priorities. CL is a must.

Perhaps a little harsh on Eriksen. As our best player and contributor of most assists over the years, he must be wondering why he always has to be the water carrier in the team in the last couple of months whilst lesser players swan around.

I'll tell you something. If Poch continues to sacrifice his talents in this way then Eriksen won't be wearing our shirt next season. We need to get him back to being our free spirit in the team and let him do the business. Let someone else carry the water.

Can someone please tell me why is POCH against Janssen so much is he so shit. I have not seen him play since he appeared in our team team over a year ago

Can someone please tell me why is POCH against Janssen so much is he so shit. I have not seen him play since he appeared in our team team over a year ago

I thought he came back to us to fix his injury , then get fit, ready to go back and finish his loan spell. If he plays for our first team that would be his loan spell over ?

Perhaps a little harsh on Eriksen. As our best player and contributor of most assists over the years, he must be wondering why he always has to be the water carrier in the team in the last couple of months whilst lesser players swan around.

I'll tell you something. If Poch continues to sacrifice his talents in this way then Eriksen won't be wearing our shirt next season. We need to get him back to being our free spirit in the team and let him do the business. Let someone else carry the water.

Eriksen knows our predicament, if he gets stroppy about helping the team battle adversity, he can do one.

Think it’s been mentioned more than enough that the view is he just isn’t committed enough to make enough effort to better himself. He’s not been the ‘athlete’ in a good enough physical condition that Poch demands.
In my view from outside looking in anyway...

Eriksen knows our predicament, if he gets stroppy about helping the team battle adversity, he can do one.

I think he always gets it and has never been one to create issues for his manager. It's more about when he makes the big decision of new contract versus leave for pastures new whether all this stuff works against us.

When we have no Kane, Dele and Son but have Dier back, hopefully we'll see Eriksen restored to his best position pulling the strings higher up the pitch.

Against all odds.!! Come on mate,we were playing Fulham, Fulham.!!! Do you think City,Pool ,Chelsea,UTD .etc. would be happy with that performance.

Smallest player on the pitch scoring with 7 seconds on the clock with his 2nd ever senior goal when 3 top scorers are all out is against all odds.

Beating Fulham isn't the point. It's the manner I we did I was referring to.

Just woke up to see this...wow way to go Winksie!!!!

Unfortunately after reading all the posts, the W is great but it doesn't sound too confident at the moment.

At this point put one of our young go getters up top and see what happens, at least they will show energy and a 'give-a-shit' factor.

Why not?

Just woke up to see this...wow way to go Winksie!!!!

Unfortunately after reading all the posts, the W is great but it doesn't sound too confident at the moment.

At this point put one of our young go getters up top and see what happens, at least they will show energy and a 'give-a-shit' factor.

Why not?
We need a " give-a-shit-meat-eater" buddy . Maybe Andy Car...........no ! Sorry ! That blood wolf red full moon must have got to me !

Its easy....according to the football world 'know alls', Poch is destined for Manure...and even Rooney has piped up to recommend him (ha ha) so Mr Howe sell Callum Wilson to us in preparation for you taking over at Spurs ....you know it makes sense...Luvverly Jubberly

Well yesterday proved that Llorente is neither Kane nor Able, tee hee.However ,in his defence, when you have hardly played in the first team for 2 seasons & are then expected to follow Harry, it's a massive ask & a huge pressure .I'm surprised he only scored once in his own net he was so nervous. No, he's all we have, so we must play to his strengths.The 2 chances he had were nearly goals .Next time he could get those headers on target & we will all be saying 'what a terrific striker Llorente is' If we flop from now on it's Levy's fault for never signing a credible second striker. We all knew this was coming ,like the Brexit f--k up.

Tough times or us. too many key players injured/missing. Would be difficult for any top team.
Imagine Barca are missing, Messi, Suarez, Isco and Busqets.
Liverpool without Sala, Mane, Firmino and wijnaldum
City without Sterling, Silva, Aguero and De Bruyne

They all would be strugling..... Even with their big squads they wouldnt be competing at the top. So untill we have a couple of them back we will be strugling, every win is a bonus. Dont expect us to be a top 3 side without Kane, Son, Moura and Sissoko/Dembele.