Fulham v Tottenham match thread | Page 19 | Vital Football

Fulham v Tottenham match thread

Would your expectation of his performances extend to every time he comes on as a substitute then . Sorry , I just don't get it . .....

No, just the first time he's starting in replacement of one of the 3 best Strikers in the world. I was only referring to his game v Fulham. His previous match in the cup he scored a bunch, so if anything that should've been a positive for him going into this one.

As for the rest, we're not as far apart as you may think, I'm just trying to be objective, and I've lived thru some similar situations.

I don't think Llorente "didn't try" or played "lazy" I just think he had a horrible no good bad day. At a most inconvenient time.

Not giving him a pass, I said if he shits the bed again, put him on a train.

I'd rather we had a better option available, and hopefully he'll be replaced before the window closes, or at least off so that we can give a kid a chance.

No, just the first time he's starting in replacement of one of the 3 best Strikers in the world. I was only referring to his game v Fulham. His previous match in the cup he scored a bunch, so if anything that should've been a positive for him going into this one.

As for the rest, we're not as far apart as you may think, I'm just trying to be objective, and I've lived thru some similar situations.

I don't think Llorente "didn't try" or played "lazy" I just think he had a horrible no good bad day. At a most inconvenient time.

Not giving him a pass, I said if he shits the bed again, put him on a train.

I'd rather we had a better option available, and hopefully he'll be replaced before the window closes, or at least off so that we can give a kid a chance.

My take on it...

I saw Llorente multiple times not make an effort to win a ball in the air that he wasn't favourite for. He didn't even move 5-10 yards to make it uncomfortable for the defender and let them get it under. I also saw him not move to get into a position to receive a ball to feet and 2 or 3 times in the match he gestured that he was going to try and go for a free ball and then stopped dead. He was barely doing any shutting down all match either. His pass rate was 26% so clearly he was having a bad day at the office. Did he try harder to get things going again? No, he hid which is why he's not the right choice for the Chelsea match.

Also, said this before, strikers have good and bad days in front of goal and I believe Llorente has goals in him. On another day, he gets goals against Fulham. That's not the problem for me. Goals will come, if he puts in the effort. Even if he doesn't, they might.

Final thought. There's been times this season when Llorente hasn't made the bench. How many times has he played as an over age player in the U23's and retained match fitness? I thought that's partially why the Prem canned reserve sides and moved to that format to help keep the squad match fit.