Fulham v Tottenham match thread | Page 15 | Vital Football

Fulham v Tottenham match thread

I feel for Llorente because he has been given an impossible task. He's not played hardly at all for a year and a half, he's filling in for arguably the best striker in Europe, he's at the very end of his career at this level and has looked totally void of confidence for a long while.

I think it's harsh for people to expect so much of him under the circumstances. He just isn't the right man for the job and really, he never was.

Ok let's look at the positives. I thought Hugo did well to keep us in the game. Rose did ok, Toby and Vert no problems, both getting forward and delivering good balls. Winks worked his socks off. He started the move for his goal in the RB position, had the drive and energy to run into the box. Dier is back, Nkoudu provided a superb assist , Llorente played 93 minutes and had chances. Eriksen still got an assist with a pinpoint ball for Alli to score despite having an off game. We showed determination and spirit despite not playing well. I won't dwell on the negatives .

I feel for Llorente because he has been given an impossible task. He's not played hardly at all for a year and a half, he's filling in for arguably the best striker in Europe, he's at the very end of his career at this level and has looked totally void of confidence for a long while.

I think it's harsh for people to expect so much of him under the circumstances. He just isn't the right man for the job and really, he never was.

He was in position to score though at least, we are talking small margins between scoring and not.He won a lot of flick on headers too. I expected him to score both those chances and he would expect to as well. Keep your chin up Fernando, it will come.

Happy for the win but I’m not optimistic about holding our 3rd place spot with all our injuries. If there was ever a time for Levy to go in for someone in January, it is now.

Ok let's look at the positives. I thought Hugo did well to keep us in the game. Rose did ok, Toby and Vert no problems, both getting forward and delivering good balls. Winks worked his socks off. He started the move for his goal in the RB position, had the drive and energy to run into the box. Dier is back, Nkoudu provided a superb assist , Llorente played 93 minutes and had chances. Eriksen still got an assist with a pinpoint ball for Alli to score despite having an off game. We showed determination and spirit despite not playing well. I won't dwell on the negatives .
Well, maybe you should Nick because there was a hell of a lot of them Mate.

Today was about extreme positives and negatives though. We saw an absolute winning mentality from Winks and Toby at the end and that made the difference. We got the 3 points. Some solid performances from others as well.

Said this many a time, but absolutely sick of Llorente's lack of shutting down and won't even move 10 yards to compete for headers. A 37 year old Crouch would be more effective. I've still never once seen him leave it all out there for Spurs. Pass accuracy of 26% as well.

N'Koudou proved how effective good early crosses are in football. Rose and the awful Trippier must have passed up 90% of opportunities to cross the ball. In fact, Toby and Vertonghen probably put more crosses in than the full-backs. That fault sits with the manager and is a long term issue.

Anyway, onwards and upwards to Thursday. Good to see Dier back.

Happy for the win but I’m not optimistic about holding our 3rd place spot with all our injuries. If there was ever a time for Levy to go in for someone in January, it is now.

Potentially ditching the FA cup is worth considering. Throw everything at the Chavs but rest against Palace. Surely with our injuries we can't fight on 4 fronts now, especially if Dele is out for weeks.

If you're too busy whinging to celebrate a winner by a homegrown Winks, against all odds, with all 3 of our top scorers out, with the last kick of the game what's the point.

Not aimed at anyone in particular but the negativity is insane amongst our fanbase.

lol - the biggest negative for me was the Muttley shaped hole in my lounge ceiling that needs repairing :wahey:

If you're too busy whinging to celebrate a winner by a homegrown Winks, against all odds, with all 3 of our top scorers out, with the last kick of the game what's the point.

Not aimed at anyone in particular but the negativity is insane amongst our fanbase.

There is potential trouble ahead but we came through today. We kept our cushion between our rival top 4 challengers, job done. Next challenge, keep a clean sheet against Chavs.

Potentially ditching the FA cup is worth considering. Throw everything at the Chavs but rest against Palace. Surely with our injuries we can't fight on 4 fronts now, especially if Dele is out for weeks.

Next EPL game in a week and a half. I agree, we throw it all at Xhelsea then treat Palace as a pre season game. Save everything for the next League game.

We also have a run of ‘easier’ EPL games until Chelsea in Feb!

I know Eriksen is better than that , likewise Lamela. Winks had a tough job in MF but with Dier back, then Sissoko he will get some help. Excluding injuries , the negatives can be fixed.
I'm not knocking your positives Nick,I agree with what you say but there are serious negatives ,that can be fixed but are not being addressed.

Against all odds.!! Come on mate,we were playing Fulham, Fulham.!!! Do you think City,Pool ,Chelsea,UTD .etc. would be happy with that performance.

Good win in the end but that was one bad ball away from being an absolute disaster of a game, in fact I would say it probably still was given the Dele injury which I guess we will be without him for a number of weeks now.

We were terrible lets be honest, Fulham are probably the worst team in the league and we made them look alright, I'm not even going to start blaming the players (apart from Llorente) as that team is not even close to being our first team, Poch is either a soft touch or an absolute mug, all his interviews he says we don't need signings or we have enough quality to cope, today's game was clear to see that is far from the truth. We need at least 3 new signings this window to just about cope but we all know we ain't signing no one.

Oh and Llorente is awful, we haven't got a hope with him playing up top against the likes of Chelsea, Dortmund etc. I honestly expect us to be out of the League Cup and FA Cup by this time next week and a few weeks we will be out of the CL and it's all Poch/Levy's fault.