January 2019 Transfer Window Rumours/Thoughts | Page 41 | Vital Football

January 2019 Transfer Window Rumours/Thoughts

"We havent got any additional funds"
Other than the Greeny money! Hmmm
2 fa cup round wins ? Plus 3 games gate money Also the checktrade must have generated £50/60000 with entrance money plus a result money and gate money!?

So here is the current squad (with contract date) after the departure of Sam Slocombe:

Goalkeepers: 2
Grant Smith (June 2020)
Josh Vickers (June 2019)

Defenders: 8
Michael Bostwick (June 2020)
Neal Eardley (June 2020)
Harry Toffolo (June 2020)
James Wilson (June 2020)
Sam Habergham (June 2019)
Jason Shackell (June 2019)
Scott Wharton (on loan until the end of the season)
Adam Crookes (on loan until the end of the season)

Midfielders / Wingers: 8
Lee Frecklington (June 2020)
Ellis Chapman (June 2020)
Tom Pett (June 2020)
Harry Anderson (June 2020)
Bruno Andrade (June 2020)
Michael O'Connor (June 2019 with option for further year)
Bernard Mensah (on loan until the end of the season)
Kellan Gordon (on loan until January 2019)

Strikers: 3
John Akinde (June 2021)
Matt Rhead (June 2019)
Shay McCartan (on loan until the end of the season with option to purchase)

Tom Shaw and Jamie McCombe are not included - unlikely to be used except in emergency. Jordan Adebayo-Smith not included because he is not currently on professional terms.

Total: 21
Signed: 16
On loan: 5

"We havent got any additional funds"
Other than the Greeny money! Hmmm
2 fa cup round wins ? Plus 3 games gate money Also the checktrade must have generated £50/60000 with entrance money plus a result money and gate money!?

Sustainability. Running the club with a medium/long term view. Yes I know we have an opportunity now and we don’t want a Murphy or Schofield end to the season, but we have to run the business properly.

I have the utmost trust in Clive and the board to do this whilst at the same time backing DC and NC in the window.

I am also confident that not only will promotion be acheived, but a trophy will be placed in the cabinet again for the 3 year on the bounce.

O'Hara would be interesting. Made a good name for himself up here at Dundee, Celtic were sniffing around before Posh signed him. Has been in the side all season too, 4 goals in 29 appearances so far.

So first team regular in higher league, under contract, and we've bid money to a team that overvalues its players... if it's true, it's bloody ambitious.

Having said that he's only started two games since November - so Evans has clearly lost interest.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if we will sign O,Hara and Cooke permanently with it costing us nothing as they owe us still some of the Woodyard money.Wages aside leaving us still some kitty left??

Sustainability. Running the club with a medium/long term view. Yes I know we have an opportunity now and we don’t want a Murphy or Schofield end to the season, but we have to run the business properly.

I have the utmost trust in Clive and the board to do this whilst at the same time backing DC and NC in the window.

I am also confident that not only will promotion be acheived, but a trophy will be placed in the cabinet again for the 3 year on the bounce.

Also consider the effect on negotiations if Danny was to say "we've got loads of money" in public.

But - we're out of the cups (the earliest we've been out under DC) so our prize money will be down on previous seasons. If Green was sold for £75k and indeed DC says we have nothing extra, that's not much to work with in a January transfer window.

Also consider the effect on negotiations if Danny was to say "we've got loads of money" in public.

But - we're out of the cups (the earliest we've been out under DC) so our prize money will be down on previous seasons. If Green was sold for £75k and indeed DC says we have nothing extra, that's not much to work with in a January transfer window.

I think you’re debating with yourself there Graeme. ??

Posh fans don't seem to think too much of O'Hara going off their forum. I do however have much more confidence in Danny and Nicky actually coaching a player and improving them rather than Evans and Raynor.

O'Hara did rather well at Dundee and that is why Peterborough signed him.

From what I have seen he is the the attacking midfielder City have been missing. He makes runs into space and drives into the opponents' defence where it hurts.
Fingers crossed we sign him.

O'Hara did rather well at Dundee and that is why Peterborough signed him.

From what I have seen he is the the attacking midfielder City have been missing. He makes runs into space and drives into the opponents' defence where it hurts.
Fingers crossed we sign him.
Surely the replacement for McCartan long term or short term?