Aston Villa appoint Christian Purslow as their new CEO | Page 4 | Vital Football

Aston Villa appoint Christian Purslow as their new CEO

After watching Dean Smith/Christain Purslow interview I was left feeling very impressed with Purslow and just how slick and Profesional he was but not in the nauseating way Tom Fox was or the bluffing and sly manner of Wyness.

Dean came across as a straightforward man and the ideal person to be installed as our manager.

It was cleverly kept low key (No JT involved) and I was all round mightly impressed.

Last edited:
When Purslow spoke about the role Pitarch will be carrying out it reminded me of our last Sporting Director, Hendrik Almstadt! We've gone from appointing a former member of Arsenals Football Operations team who went on to become a Player Relations Director in Golf! What an absolute Disaster that appointment was, with nobody really knowing what his job was and him falling out with Sherwood and generally being shit alongside Fox and Reilly! Then onto the Director of Football in Steve Round, who was a coach and Assistant Manager, which hardly qualified him for such a role really. How refreshing to have a Sporting Director who has actually done that role for years and at big clubs as well, whatever has been said about him in the past, he's certainly an upgrade on those muppets!

Purslow has been around the game for some time and knows what he wants. Was interested in the news that he had been on the panel which drew up FFP, so when he says we're OK I'll believe him.

Purslow has been around the game for some time and knows what he wants. Was interested in the news that he had been on the panel which drew up FFP, so when he says we're OK I'll believe him.

You'd assume if anyone knows, he'll know the ins and outs wouldn't you? Fingers crossed. Sounds like they believe they aren't flouting the rules.

It'd have gone over too many people's heads Deano - not all Villa fans are as simple as some of you lot :Fingers:

Oh, and I didn't think of that!

Just having a bit of a read on http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/financial-fair-play-explained.php

My opinion is that it seems the allowed amount of loss is considerably more if the owner injects cash into the club. The Dr clearly didn't / couldn't inject any money to cover any losses. So because the new owners have injected money into the club it has effectively increased the amount of loss we are allowed to make over the 3 years.

I thought the whole point of FFP was to try and make clubs self sufficient though and to stop owners from bank rolling them?

If thats not the case whats to stop them going out and signing Messi? Apart from the fact he's not a complete and utter idiot.

limits%20for%20cship%2024.jpg

Looking at this based on the last 3 seasons we are allowed £61m loss or £15m if the owner doesnt inject money.

So now we have an extra £46m to play with.