Aston Villa appoint Christian Purslow as their new CEO | Page 5 | Vital Football

Aston Villa appoint Christian Purslow as their new CEO

Xia was until the crunch, so although we may have 'lost' that benefit for a couple of months, we've simply gained it back so I don't think that is the key here.

Lerner did it pretty constantly converting loans to equity.

I thought the whole point of FFP was to try and make clubs self sufficient though and to stop owners from bank rolling them?

If thats not the case whats to stop them going out and signing Messi? Apart from the fact he's not a complete and utter idiot.

You can still only lose a maximum £13m per year though (in the championship)

Just having a bit of a read on http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/financial-fair-play-explained.php

My opinion is that it seems the allowed amount of loss is considerably more if the owner injects cash into the club. The Dr clearly didn't / couldn't inject any money to cover any losses. So because the new owners have injected money into the club it has effectively increased the amount of loss we are allowed to make over the 3 years.

Don't think you have any basis for assuming that Xia didn't inject any money. On the contrary, most assumptions are based on the premise that he did. We undoubtedly lost a fair amount over each 3 year period, you've only to look at the wage bills and other costs to realise that, and we could only have stayed within FFP by Xia injecting the capital to enable us to use the higher limit of losses.

The reason why many of thought that the massive black hole didn't exist is that we did stay within FFP for the first two Championship years. The biggest losses undoubtedly occured in our last PL year, by far, (and the year before) which means that our losses in our last two years must have been relatively minor. For this year we're faced with the double whammy of lower parachute payment and lower 3-year limit, but our wage bill has gone down a fair amount, and we've some leeway from the last two years.

At least, that's what I've been guessing.

Yup looks like narrowing down, as you mainly did, to lower para payments but savings over the summer largely balancing out was pretty much spot on.

Don't think you have any basis for assuming that Xia didn't inject any money. On the contrary, most assumptions are based on the premise that he did. We undoubtedly lost a fair amount over each 3 year period, you've only to look at the wage bills and other costs to realise that, and we could only have stayed within FFP by Xia injecting the capital to enable us to use the higher limit of losses.

The reason why many of thought that the massive black hole didn't exist is that we did stay within FFP for the first two Championship years. The biggest losses undoubtedly occured in our last PL year, by far, (and the year before) which means that our losses in our last two years must have been relatively minor. For this year we're faced with the double whammy of lower parachute payment and lower 3-year limit, but our wage bill has gone down a fair amount, and we've some leeway from the last two years.

At least, that's what I've been guessing.

No I had no basis for assuming he didn't didn't inject money. It was just a theory from a different angle to most others. It made sense in my head and to me explained why Xia was struggling to stay within FFP but after the takeover all is rosey.

I believe so, we lost the 1st year in the calculation - I guess to stop clubs wiping the slate clean in a 12month period.

I believe so, we lost the 1st year in the calculation - I guess to stop clubs wiping the slate clean in a 12month period.
Heard from a well informed source that villa will receive a truly excellent compensation package from hs2 which will essentially settle ffp issues,let us pray

Heard from a well informed source that villa will receive a truly excellent compensation package from hs2 which will essentially settle ffp issues,let us pray

Plus, do they need to spend that compo, or some of it, on replacing what HS2 snaffle off us?

I beleive monies towards FFP can only be from football related operations, selling off land assets / CPO of land assets there for can't count against it?

I beleive monies towards FFP can only be from football related operations, selling off land assets / CPO of land assets there for can't count against it?
My point regarding a substantial compensation to villa from is that such a sum can be spent means we will be perhaps 30+ millions wealthier.im no economist but this bonus is a cause for celebration not negativity

HS2 monies can only be used to replace facilities lost, and only to the same level. So don't think that is out "get out of jail" card. Just think we did a lot to balance the books in our first two years down here. No way is there a £50m hole in the finances - the new owners wouldn't have come in on that basis. There is still value in AVFC, the owners saw it and paid a reasonable price for control. If Xia doesn't match their investment, his share percentage goes down.

HS2 monies can only be used to replace facilities lost, and only to the same level. So don't think that is out "get out of jail" card. Just think we did a lot to balance the books in our first two years down here. No way is there a £50m hole in the finances - the new owners wouldn't have come in on that basis. There is still value in AVFC, the owners saw it and paid a reasonable price for control. If Xia doesn't match their investment, his share percentage goes down.
My point is that £30 plus millions coming into the club is a positive.